Home

Maccaboard: Now We Are New!

5435 views

285 posts

Last post 04/09/2018

Posted by SusyLuvsPaul

      Pages

      Original post

      HEY, EVERYBODY OUT THERE! We're pleased to announce we will be relaunching the Maccaboard very soon! We wanted to let you know in advance that the Maccaboard will be unavailable for a short period of time while we give it a tune it up.

      We've taken all of your posts and messages and brought them into PaulMcCartney.com, both in location and design. Along with the look of the site, we've updated many of the nuts and bolts behind-the-scenes but kept the greatest hits! We'd love to hear your thoughts when it launches.

      More news coming soon...

      All the best!

      PaulMcCartney.com

        I hope we'll be able to embed youtube videos!

        I also hope we can quote posts that have pics & have the pic go to a thumbnail!

        Glad to hear the news...I think. We'll have to get back to you on that.

          ...and now we are live! Please let us know your thoughts either in this thread, or using the feedback tab on the right-hand side of the page (please remember to tick the box at the bottom of the form!). 

          Welcome to the new Maccaboard! 

            Hi! Looks good so far, but I would like the threads in each topic to sort so that the most recently active one is at the top of the page.  Right now they are just all mixed up and not in descending date order.  At least not in Rock Show.  I tried the "Sort" dropdown but that didn't fix anything.   Thank you!

              Is there supposed to be something under Dashboard? There doesn't seem to be anything. 

              Why are the authors of the threads not showing?

              Way cool! I was able to embed a video! Thank You! 

              Like nightfish said...it's not sorting threads or posts correctly.

              Is my "Profile" somewhere? I'd like to change something & can't see where to do it.

               

               

                Wowza, hubba hubba, snazzy new look to Paul's message board! Takes a bit of getting used to, but it may well prove more exciting and interesting or something. You think? Can everyone's archives, their back pages, still be available, though? Please say all that didn't just vanish into the ethers !  MAJOR Debbie Downer, if so...all those writings...

                  please say it isn't so--where are my back pages of lots of things I posted here??? My writings ??? Not vanished into the ethers are they? And everyone's? Please don't have done that !! Please !!! 

                    I wish the dates were listed the American way like they used to be, like today is 11/29/17. Is there a way to change this?

                      Also, is there a link to “new posts since I last logged in” like on the old board?

                      I guess it is the “While You Were Away” link? 

                        oobu24 wrote:

                        Is there supposed to be something under Dashboard? There doesn't seem to be anything. 

                        Why are the authors of the threads not showing?

                        Way cool! I was able to embed a video! Thank You! 

                        Like nightfish said...it's not sorting threads or posts correctly.

                        Is my "Profile" somewhere? I'd like to change something & can't see where to do it.

                         

                         

                        I think you click on the little person/figure at the top right and then click on My Account. I’m still experimenting here!

                           

                          I screwed up the first time I quoted someone and tried to answer. It was confusing where to type your reply.

                            I will miss the old Maccaboard, but appreciate that Paul & MPL are providing a gathering place for us.   It'll just be trial and error for a while as we get used to the new surroundings 

                            Don't see the "quote" or "img" buttons... are we not able to use the old codes anymore, even if we type them in manually?

                            also, how can someone become an invisible user?... I don't see any options for that in the preferences or settings... Not that I need to be invisible, but sometimes I log in to the board and read or post, then do other things, but don't want to have to keep logging in... for some reason it's kind of embarrassing that people can see that I'm still logged in after three hours   even if I'm off the maccaboard or computer and doing other things, lol

                            Nice to see everyone's that's made it back 

                             

                             

                              oobu24 wrote:

                              Is there supposed to be something under Dashboard? There doesn't seem to be anything. 

                              Why are the authors of the threads not showing?

                              Way cool! I was able to embed a video! Thank You! 

                              Like nightfish said...it's not sorting threads or posts correctly.

                              Is my "Profile" somewhere? I'd like to change something & can't see where to do it.

                               

                               

                              Oobu, if you click on the person icon, next to the envelope at top right, you'll find the My Account, Preferences and Settings tabs

                                LadyLeslie wrote:

                                I will miss the old Maccaboard, but appreciate that Paul & MPL are providing a gathering place for us.   It'll just be trial and error for a while as we get used to the new surroundings 

                                Don't see the "quote" or "img" buttons... are we not able to use the old codes anymore, even if we type them in manually?

                                also, how can someone become an invisible user?... I don't see any options for that in the preferences or settings... Not that I need to be invisible, but sometimes I log in to the board and read or post, then do other things, but don't want to have to keep logging in... for some reason it's kind of embarrassing that people can see that I'm still logged in after three hours   even if I'm off the maccaboard or computer and doing other things, lol

                                Nice to see everyone's that's made it back 

                                 

                                 

                                The quote button is below your post on the left. I don’t know what you mean by img button. And where did you find the emojis?  Did you use your own or are they here somewhere? 🙄 That was from my iPad keyboard. 

                                  LadyLeslie, click the person icon, then FAQs to find the answer to your question about being “invisible.” 😉

                                    LadyLeslie wrote:

                                    oobu24 wrote:

                                    Is there supposed to be something under Dashboard? There doesn't seem to be anything. 

                                    Why are the authors of the threads not showing?

                                    Way cool! I was able to embed a video! Thank You! 

                                    Like nightfish said...it's not sorting threads or posts correctly.

                                    Is my "Profile" somewhere? I'd like to change something & can't see where to do it.

                                     

                                     

                                    Oobu, if you click on the person icon, next to the envelope at top right, you'll find the My Account, Preferences and Settings tabs

                                    No there is no "profile" page where you could hide your online status among other things.

                                      Nancy R wrote:

                                      LadyLeslie, click the person icon, then FAQs to find the answer to your question about being “invisible.” 😉

                                      That's supposed to be on the profile page. 

                                        Nancy R wrote:

                                        Also, is there a link to “new posts since I last logged in” like on the old board?

                                        I guess it is the “While You Were Away” link? 

                                        "While You Were Away" doesn't seem to be working.

                                        And I so agree about the dates.

                                          And where is the time/timezone listed? 

                                          I see the emojis now! 

                                            Nancy R wrote:

                                            LadyLeslie wrote:

                                            I will miss the old Maccaboard, but appreciate that Paul & MPL are providing a gathering place for us.   It'll just be trial and error for a while as we get used to the new surroundings 

                                            Don't see the "quote" or "img" buttons... are we not able to use the old codes anymore, even if we type them in manually?

                                            also, how can someone become an invisible user?... I don't see any options for that in the preferences or settings... Not that I need to be invisible, but sometimes I log in to the board and read or post, then do other things, but don't want to have to keep logging in... for some reason it's kind of embarrassing that people can see that I'm still logged in after three hours   even if I'm off the maccaboard or computer and doing other things, lol

                                            Nice to see everyone's that's made it back 

                                             

                                             

                                            The quote button is below your post on the left. I don’t know what you mean by img button. And where did you find the emojis?  Did you use your own or are they here somewhere? 🙄 That was from my iPad keyboard. 

                                            Yes, I  discovered the quote button after typing that, thanks.     

                                            To find emojis, go to the happy face next to "Styles" as you're typing.  A huge group of emoticons will show up that you can choose from..  whichever one you click on will appear wherever your cursor is... 

                                            On the old maccaboard there were buttons "Image" or "Img"  as well as "Link" and "Quote"... if a person didn't want to click on those buttons they could manually type in the code [quote] put text here [/unquote] 

                                            or [img] link for image here [/image] 

                                            Doesn't look like there's a "preview" option before posting anymore, but things can always be edited.

                                             

                                              Pages