Home

QUOTE OF THE DAY

1667 posts

Last post 08/10/2018

Posted by jl4761

Pages

Original post

I love quotes! I read so many that say so much in such good phrasing that I can't even begin to write! So do you have any quotes that mean a lot to you or you just think are neat? (((((I have a feeling there is a thread about this hiding somewhere!)))))

I do not want to die... until I have faithfully made the most of my talent and cultivated the seed that was placed in me until the last small twig has grown.
        Kathe Kollwitz, O Magazine, September 2002

"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream." - John Lennon

I'd never heard that one until i just went and searched round. I love it!

Macca's_Tuba_Player:"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream." - John Lennon

I'd never heard that one until i just went and searched round. I love it!

I like it!! Good job!!

"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people." - G.K. Chesterton

Matthew_Montoya:"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people." - G.K. Chesterton

I read that last week! That one is wonderful too! Straight from the keyboard of the King!!

"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."

JennyLP:"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."

Amen! The Queen has posted a very good quote!
                    10 stars Jenny!

I love love love quotes!!

letitbeamanda:

Matthew_Montoya:"The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people." - G.K. Chesterton

I read that last week! That one is wonderful too! Straight from the keyboard of the King!!

Yes, Chesterton is one of my favorites. I can post quotes just from him. My favorite thinker, definitely.

Matthew_Montoya:

letitbeamanda:

Yes, Chesterton is one of my favorites. I can post quotes just from him. My favorite thinker, definitely.

Awww!! Father Brown stories!! LOL I remember seeing you post something about Chesterton somewhere sometime!! I haven't read too much of his things, but I should go and try again now!

Of course, having said that, no quote thread could ever be complete without this man...

"You should always go to other people's funerals. Otherwise they won't come to yours." - Yogi Berra

letitbeamanda:
                            Awww!! Father Brown stories!! LOL I remember seeing you post something about Chesterton somewhere sometime!! I haven't read too much of his things, but I should go and try again now!

Oh wow, so I'm not the only one! Check out "Orthodoxy" and "What's Wrong With The World."

?How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.?
                              - Wayne Dyer

Matthew_Montoya:

letitbeamanda:

Oh wow, so I'm not the only one! Check out "Orthodoxy" and "What's Wrong With The World."

Will do!! Thanks for the ideas! I like good thinkers!

george_e_girl:?How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.?
                                  - Wayne Dyer

I missed this one till now! You got mixed in here! Another very good one!!!

for meditators...hehehe

i think, therefore i never am.

joan gough

"Love is a constant arguement for both sides to win" ~author well known

Since I don't want to post them one by one, I'll post some in intervals from time to time... I love these.

Yogi Berra Quotes, Part I:

"(When bumped by a man carrying a grandfather clock) Why can't you wear a watch like everybody else?"

"I really didn't say everything I said."

"If you ask me a question I don't know, I'm not going to answer."

"It ain't the heat; it's the humility."

"It's deja-vu all over again."

"You should always go to other people's funerals. Otherwise they won't come to yours."

"The only reason I need these gloves is 'cause of my hands."

"You can't think and hit at the same time."

"If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be."

"If I didn't wake up, I'd still be sleeping."

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."

"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."

"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."

"Never answer an anonymous letter."

"90% of the game is half mental."

"It's never happened in the World Series history - and it hasn't happened since."

"I'm as red as a sheet."

"It's not too far, it just seems like it is."

"If you don't set goals, you can't regret not reaching them."

"Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hitting."

"We were overwhelming underdogs."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

"You mean now? (When asked for the time.)"

"We have a good time together, even when we're not together."

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

Harry S. Truman

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities. An optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.

Harry S. Truman

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

Theodore Roosevelt

The most wasted day of all is that one in which you have not laughed.

unknown

'....and remember?don?t believe everything you read in the media.'
                                            Paul McCartney 17.01.2008

Pages