Home

Well?

1519 views

127 posts

Last post 12/01/2018

      Pages

      Original post

      Wadda ya think?

        Nay. It seems too much is missing.

        You?

          I like it. :)

            Don't like it at all. Navigation is more awkward and why on earth when you look at a forum, do the threads seem to be in random order, rather than have those with the newest posts on top? It's nuts.

              Bruce M. wrote:

              Don't like it at all. Navigation is more awkward and why on earth when you look at a forum, do the threads seem to be in random order, rather than have those with the newest posts on top? It's nuts.

              I agree! It’s supposed to be in chronological order and it’s not!! Plus, the “while you were away” feature which is supposed to show all the threads that were posted in since the last time you logged in does not work!! 

                  It seems to be too buggy. I wonder if this was tested at all? Why would the threads be listed so randomly?

                  sad < haha that's supposed to be sad. Looks more like ET.

                   

                  edit to add: I thought I posted a pic here yesterday to try out the new options they give us. Now they are gone. oh goodness.

                  edit again: I found the pic. But there is only one when I posted 2. 

                  http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/23966?created=4&sort_by=created

                    It is random for sure. I was expecting some sorting - as in latest posts. Tough to glance at and be able to do a few posts and run. 

                    I know there is a learning curve - but I could not find a few things and ...

                    I wanted to reply to something and got muddled into trying to find it again ...

                    a few features seem like they could have possibilities... 

                    The popping in looking around and maybe even adding a post while on a quick break is not so easily done at this moment.

                    I tried a few tests and figured a few things out...

                    just have to figure more of it out at a glance and take it from there. 

                    It feels disconnected at this time for me.

                    perhaps it will change (my opinion that is).

                    ✌️

                      oobu24 wrote:

                      It seems to be too buggy. I wonder if this was tested at all? Why would the threads be listed so randomly?

                      sad < haha that's supposed to be sad. Looks more like ET.

                       

                      edit to add: I thought I posted a pic here yesterday to try out the new options they give us. Now they are gone. oh goodness.

                      edit again: I found the pic. But there is only one when I posted 2. 

                      http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/23966?created=4&sort_by=created

                      Why is it that this link is not clickable? 

                        Nancy R wrote:

                        Bruce M. wrote:

                        Don't like it at all. Navigation is more awkward and why on earth when you look at a forum, do the threads seem to be in random order, rather than have those with the newest posts on top? It's nuts.

                        I agree! It’s supposed to be in chronological order and it’s not!! Plus, the “while you were away” feature which is supposed to show all the threads that were posted in since the last time you logged in does not work!! 

                        The While you were away feature is working for me...

                          I'll be very upset if all my stuff I wrote here since 2007 is gone, you know "find all posts by" and then the back pages archives of all one's posts. Is that still here?

                          Also I had some fairly popular threads I started in "Band On the Run" and don't see them in there now ! I did a lot of work on those.

                          I don't see my favorite topics in this forum !! "Talk More Talk"--And they'd been on the first few pages, most of them!

                          I guess they're still working out the kinks and quirks and bugs, etc. 

                          The new layout does seem kind of cool. Something different and new.  They sprang it on us all of a sudden, well, I usually like surprises and Macca does seem to like them too and to give them.

                          Big excitement in next few days with his and Band's concerts in Australia ! And now this new look  for the forums.  Hope it's all good. We'll find out.

                            Hate it!! Love Paul, hate this. Too bulky. Can't see on opening screen who last posted. Go Back!!!

                              Bruce M. wrote:

                              Don't like it at all. Navigation is more awkward and why on earth when you look at a forum, do the threads seem to be in random order, rather than have those with the newest posts on top? It's nuts. 

                              I agree - I'm having a hard time to say the least. I haven't found the threads on which I usually post yet! 

                                It seems to sort the threads by the date in which they were created. How stupid. All our popular & regular threads have been around for AGES. They are PAGES back. You can do a search for them & post but then they go way back where they were. 

                                oh goodness...

                                  wingsoverkc wrote:

                                  Hate it!! Love Paul, hate this. Too bulky. Can't see on opening screen who last posted. Go Back!!!

                                  AGREE!

                                    oobu24 wrote:

                                    It seems to sort the threads by the date in which they were created. How stupid. All our popular & regular threads have been around for AGES. They are PAGES back. You can do a search for them & post but then they go way back where they were. 

                                    oh goodness...

                                    that does seem to be one of the biggest issues so far. i'm not crazy about the way everything is sorted by default.

                                      Wish I could access  the subblack background. It is much easier to read the board with light colored text and dark background. Having cataracts is like being snowblind.

                                        SurSteven wrote:

                                        Wish I could access  the subblack background. It is much easier to read the board with light colored text and dark background. Having cataracts is like being snowblind.

                                        I'm using the subblack (from before) but only the edges are black now. I sure hope someone is keeping track of all the problems now.

                                          oobu24 wrote:

                                          It seems to sort the threads by the date in which they were created. How stupid. All our popular & regular threads have been around for AGES. They are PAGES back. You can do a search for them & post but then they go way back where they were. 

                                          oh goodness...

                                          All you have to do is go to the forum you want and then change the ANY to 1 day or 7 days and only the most recent threads will pop up.

                                            Nancy R wrote:

                                            oobu24 wrote:

                                            It seems to sort the threads by the date in which they were created. How stupid. All our popular & regular threads have been around for AGES. They are PAGES back. You can do a search for them & post but then they go way back where they were. 

                                            oh goodness...

                                            All you have to do is go to the forum you want and then change the ANY to 1 day or 7 days and only the most recent threads will pop up.

                                            I'll have to try that. But it doesn't seem to save your choice even as far as oldest or newest first.

                                             

                                            edit: I tried that. It didn't work when I set it to 2 weeks but it DID work when set to 7 days. 

                                            Gosh...everything is more difficult. So many more steps to get to a thread. 

                                              Pages