Home

Who Are These Guitarists?

303 views

12 posts

Last post 13/02/2018

      Original post

      If this picture shows up, who is everyone?  They're labelled, but it's too small.

      I can pick out the most obvious - the top row, Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Brian May, Chuck Berry, AC/DC, Pete Townshend, Kiss, Jerry Garcia, Bo Diddley and Brian Seltzer - but half are a mystery.

       

        That is GEORGE HARRISON in the top row, 2nd from the left! I also recognize Frank Zappa (left of George)

        If you have an iPad or iPhone save the photo, then go to it and you can zoom in on it. You can then read the names.

          Zooming in a low definition picture never makes it look better.  The picture I posted was already zoomed as much as I dared.

          As I said, I know the top row - Frank Zappa, George Harrison, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan

          2nd row - Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Brian May, X, X, X, Chuck Berry

          3rd row - The AC/DC guy, Pete Townshend, X, X, X, Kiss, X

          4th row - X, X, X, X, X, X, X.  Maybe the left handed one is Kurt Cobain.

          5th row - Jerry Garcia, X, Bo Diddley, X, X, Brian Seltzer, X

            2nd Row:  Johnny Ramona, Jack White, The Edge

            3rd Row:  Angus Young, Pete Townsend, Tony Iommi, Eddie Van Halen, Dave Gilmour, Ace Frehley, Ritchie Blackmore

            4th Row:  Duane Allman, Kirk Hammett, Carlos Santana, John Frusciante, (weird name, can’t read), Kurt Cobain, Mike Bloomfeld

            5th Row:  Jerry Garcia, Ry Cooder, Bo Diddley, Jeff Beck, Tom Morello, Brian Seltzer, Peter (they wrote Pyter!) Green

              Row 1. Zappa, Harrison, Slash, Henfrix, Richards, Page, Vaughan

              Row 2. Clapton, Knopfler, May, Ramone, White, Edge, Berry

              Row 3. Young, Townshen, Iommi, Van Halen, Gilmour, Frehley, Blackmore

              Row 4. Allman, Hammett, Santana, Frusciante, Malmsteen, Cobain, Bloomfield

              Row 5. Garcia, Cooder, Diddley, Beck, Morello, Setzer, Green

                I can recognize 10 of them at first glance, probably more with a closer look.

                  I think these should be correct...

                   

                  Frank Zappa, George Harrison, Slash, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray VaughnEric Clapton, Mark Knophler, Brian May, Johnny Ramone, Jack White, The Edge, Chuck Berry, Angus Young, Pete Townsend, Toni Iommi, Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, Ace Frehley, Ritchie BlackmoreDuane Allman, Kirk Hammett, Carlos Santana, John Frusciante, Yngwie Malmsteen, Kurt Colbain, Mike BloomfieldJerry Garcia, Ry Cooder, Bo Diddley, Jeff Beck, Tom Morello, Brian Setzer, Peter Green

                    All guesses:

                    1st row - Zappa, Harrison, Slash, Hendrix, Richards, Page, Vaughn

                    2nd row - Clapton, Knofler, May, Ramone, ?, ?, Berry

                    3rd row - Scott, Townsend, Iommi, Bolin, Gilmour, Stanley, Simmons

                    4th row - Allman, Blackmore, ?, Santana, ?, Perry, Petty, Orbison

                    5th row - Garcia, ?, Diddley, Wood, Nielsen, Setzer, Lynne

                    Likely missed a few. Did not check the answers. 

                      beatlesfanrandy wrote:

                      All guesses:

                      1st row - Zappa, Harrison, Slash, Hendrix, Richards, Page, Vaughn

                      2nd row - Clapton, Knofler, May, Ramone, ?, ?, Berry

                      3rd row - Scott, Townsend, Iommi, Bolin, Gilmour, Stanley, Simmons

                      4th row - Allman, Blackmore, ?, Santana, ?, Perry, Petty, Orbison

                      5th row - Garcia, ?, Diddley, Wood, Nielsen, Setzer, Lynne

                      Likely missed a few. Did not check the answers. 

                      The answers have already been posted in this thread twice. Just click on Any and Oldest first and scroll through.

                        It looks like everyone did a great job in identifying all of the legendary guitarists! You guys know your guitarists!

                          jl4761 wrote:

                          It looks like everyone did a great job in identifying all of the legendary guitarists! You guys know your guitarists!

                          The guys were identified at the top of the page. You had to be able to enlarge it on an iPad or iPhone to read it. 😉

                            Nancy R wrote:

                            jl4761 wrote:

                            It looks like everyone did a great job in identifying all of the legendary guitarists! You guys know your guitarists!

                            The guys were identified at the top of the page. You had to be able to enlarge it on an iPad or iPhone to read it. 😉

                            Hi Nancy R! Please read your e-mail! I missed you and Rockerdude! Tell Rockerdude to check his e-mail! I hope to talk with both of you soon, take care.