Home

Magazine covers of The Beatles

51 posts

Last post 10/12/2018

Posted by Nancy R

Pages

Original post

Love the photo with the beach umbrellas, Nancy! Looks like it was taken on the edge of a stage.

Life, September 13, 1968 

No, they are standing on a wall of some roof edge!! See the trees in the background? John is standing on a raised area and it gives the illusion he is floating on air.

I have that Life mag that I got when it came out. 

Nancy R wrote:

No, they are standing on a wall of some roof edge!! See the trees in the background? John is standing on a raised area and it gives the illusion he is floating on air.

Ok, thanks for clarifying that!  They enjoyed being on rooftops I think  (thinking final rooftop concert 1969)  and were never afraid of living on the edge, lol (pun intended)

16 Magazine, February 1966

Good old “16 Magazine!” I have that issue - I had a subscription back then.

Dig, September 1964

^ I think all of those head shots are backwards. 😂

Nancy R wrote:

^ I think all of those head shots are backwards. 😂

Yeah, now that I look a little closer, they definitely are!

Newsweek, February 24, 1964

Saturday Evening Post, August 27, 1966

Rolling Stone, October 26, 1968

^ On eBay, somebody is trying to sell that issue for $175! 😮

Nancy R wrote:

^ On eBay, somebody is trying to sell that issue for $175! 😮

Whoa!  Must really be a rare find then....

I really like the Newsweek "Bugs About Beatles" cover from 1964... should have checked how much that one was going for! 

Edited after checking:  They're going for about $50-$99...

Thanks for posting that Life cover, Nancy! Was looking for an image of it and somehow couldn't find one.

March 18, 1964 - Teenagers' Weekly - Beatles Special (Special Issue of The Australian Women's Weekly)

Not a magazine, but still would be fun to read this, lol

"Meet the Beatles" Special Issue (published unidentified, 1964?)

Teen World, September 1964

... good example of the type of headlines magazines used to sell copies, lol! 

Pages