Home

30 minute timeframe

116 views

9 posts

Last post 10/02/2018

      Original post

      Is there any way that the 30 minute timeframe to edit a post can be extended?  Perhaps to 24 hours?

      Sometimes you type something at 2:00 in the morning (that seemed perfectly funny at the time, lol) and hours later, when you wake up, you look at what you typed before and think   ...... and blush that there's no way to can change that.....

      Also, sometimes when poetry or song lyrics are posted, after 30 minutes the formatting of the poetic lines changes to a single line or paragraph...   that may be because of copying & pasting lyrics from another website, and the formatting isn't compatible with this board, I don't  know...

      Anyway, just wanted to address these concerns... thanks for your time in reading this!

      (A not so anonymous person guilty of typing a Gilbert & Sullivan song at 2 a.m. under photo of Paul proudly wearing his MBE..........which can't be deleted ... I'd still like to keep what I wrote before the song, but-- oh well....   At least I had the good sense not to post "There Will Always Be An England" )

       

       

        You can always ask a moderator to edit the post for you, Leslie!

          Thank you, Calico, that's nice of you!   In the future we can message you or Triplets for these kind of changes.  I know there's probably other admins too, but not sure of their usernames.

          For now, If you could just delete the song lyrics in that post, but keep the rest of post before that (including YouTube links), I'd appreciate it.  

          Thanks so much!

            Post edited!

            Yes, just send a PM to me or Anita or both of us! The one who sees it first will take action!

              That is strange that one can edit their own post anymore. 

               

              The entire post couldn't be deleted?

               

              And can we get this darn POLL button moved? Why do I ned toscroll down to hit a reply button? Let's see...you ALWAYS hit "reply" and you hit "add a poll" every one in 30,000 posts so which should be listed first? haha!

                calicoskych2001 wrote:

                Post edited!

                Yes, just send a PM to me or Anita or both of us! The one who sees it first will take action!

                Thank you!  Much better!

                Ok, good to know if we're not able to edit or delete after 30 minutes that a PM can be sent to you or Anita (Triplets)

                  oobu24 wrote:

                  That is strange that one can edit their own post anymore. 

                   

                  The entire post couldn't be deleted?

                   

                  And can we get this darn POLL button moved? Why do I ned toscroll down to hit a reply button? Let's see...you ALWAYS hit "reply" and you hit "add a poll" every one in 30,000 posts so which should be listed first? haha!

                  As you know, unless you're a moderator, you can't edit a post you've made after 30 minutes.  It's true that after 30 minutes a  person can delete a post if they want to, and just start over with a new one, but if you want to keep a part of a post, and just edit it, you'll have to ask a moderator in PM to do it.   Maybe one day the time extension will go beyond 30 minutes, but  for now, that's all we can do.    I think deleting and just making a new post is probably easiest, but either way works. 

                  Know what you mean about the poll button, I've accidentally clicked on it before, when I meant to click Reply.  Would be nice if it could be moved to the bottom right side of the compose box. 

                    LadyLeslie wrote:

                    oobu24 wrote:

                    That is strange that one can edit their own post anymore. 

                     

                    The entire post couldn't be deleted?

                     

                    And can we get this darn POLL button moved? Why do I ned toscroll down to hit a reply button? Let's see...you ALWAYS hit "reply" and you hit "add a poll" every one in 30,000 posts so which should be listed first? haha!

                    As you know, unless you're a moderator, you can't edit a post you've made after 30 minutes.  It's true that after 30 minutes a  person can delete a post if they want to, and just start over with a new one, but if you want to keep a part of a post, and just edit it, you'll have to ask a moderator in PM to do it.   Maybe one day the time extension will go beyond 30 minutes, but  for now, that's all we can do.    I think deleting and just making a new post is probably easiest, but either way works. 

                    Know what you mean about the poll button, I've accidentally clicked on it before, when I meant to click Reply.  Would be nice if it could be moved to the bottom right side of the compose box. 

                    If you couldn't edit your post why didn't you just delete it & start over?

                      oobu24 wrote:

                      LadyLeslie wrote:
                      oobu24 wrote:

                      That is strange that one can edit their own post anymore. 

                       

                      The entire post couldn't be deleted?

                       

                      And can we get this darn POLL button moved? Why do I ned toscroll down to hit a reply button? Let's see...you ALWAYS hit "reply" and you hit "add a poll" every one in 30,000 posts so which should be listed first? haha!

                      As you know, unless you're a moderator, you can't edit a post you've made after 30 minutes.  It's true that after 30 minutes a  person can delete a post if they want to, and just start over with a new one, but if you want to keep a part of a post, and just edit it, you'll have to ask a moderator in PM to do it.   Maybe one day the time extension will go beyond 30 minutes, but  for now, that's all we can do.    I think deleting and just making a new post is probably easiest, but either way works. 

                      Know what you mean about the poll button, I've accidentally clicked on it before, when I meant to click Reply.  Would be nice if it could be moved to the bottom right side of the compose box. 

                      If you couldn't edit your post why didn't you just delete it & start over?

                      I know what you're saying.  At the time I created this thread I didn't think of that, but could have just started over.    Thanks for reminding me earlier about that option.  Like I said that's probably the easiest way to do it.  But if someone (for whatever reason) chooses not to delete their entire post, at least they know a mod can edit for them.