Home

Yellow Submarine remastered in 4K out July 2018

3 posts

Last post 12/05/2018

Posted by beatlesfanrandy

Original post

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/beatles-yellow-submarine-uk-cinemas/

I played my 1999 remastered VHS the other night with headphones on

and watched it on my 1080p full HD television... I forgot how cool and creatively abstract it was. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds was AWESOME!!!

My youngest daughter recently did a basic AncestryDNA test and it showed up 17% Pepperland!

I can't wait SurSteven, I'm going to buy it!

The 4K restoration was done for the Blu-ray release, and it was also shown in theaters, in 2012. I saw it in the theater that year. 

"On 20 March 2012, Apple announced the film had been restored by hand for DVD and Blu-ray release on 28 May (29 May in North America), later delayed one week to 4 June (5 June in North America). In a released statement, the company stated: "The film's soundtrack album will be reissued on CD on the same date. The film has been restored in 4K digital resolution for the first time – all done by hand, frame by frame." The delicate restoration was supervised by Paul Rutan Jr. and his team which included Chris Dusendschon, Rayan Raghuram and Randy Walker.[16] No automated software was used to clean-up the film’s repaired and digitised photo-chemical elements. The work was done by hand, a single frame at a time by forty to sixty trained digital artists over several months.[17]

In addition to the DVD and Blu-ray re-release, the restored version also received a limited theatrical run in May 2012." Wikipedia

Awesome that it's being reissued for the 50th Anniversary!

Now on to the White Album 50th! ;)