Home

Steven Tyler and Paul McCartney

16 posts

Last post 05/06/2018

Posted by HaileyMcComet

Original post

https://parade.com/664739/m-b-roberts/steven-tyler-talks-turning-70-his-new-documentary-and-hanging-out-with-paul-mccartney/

Rocker Steven Tyler is eyeing megastar collaborations with Elton John and Paul McCartney.

http://www.videomuzic.eu/tyler-to-collaborate-with-elton/?lang=en

Hard to believe Steven Tyler is 70!!

I'm kind of curious as to how well Joe Perry is going to react to Tyler wanting to work with Paul and Elton! Tyler and Perry have gotten into a lot of fights in the past over solo projects, we'll have to wait and see what happens!

I had to click on the link to find out who Steven Tyler was !!  

Kestrel wrote:

Then you probably never saw his part of the tribute to Paul. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=G77w8h5jnrg

Kestrel wrote:

Are you kidding?  I don't mean that in an internet way.  I didn't know who John Prine was a few weeks ago.  But Steven Tyler is everyone's favorite rock and roll grandma.

HaileyMcComet wrote:

Kestrel wrote:

Are you kidding?  I don't mean that in an internet way.  I didn't know who John Prine was a few weeks ago.  But Steven Tyler is everyone's favorite rock and roll grandma.

I never heard of John Prine either, but Steven Tyler?! 

Nancy R wrote:

HaileyMcComet wrote:
                      Kestrel wrote:

Is John Prine country? (not worth looking up) lol

oobu24 wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                        HaileyMcComet wrote:
                        Kestrel wrote:

Yes, country/folk.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Prine

HaileyMcComet wrote:

Kestrel wrote:

I'm not kidding.  I've heard of Aerosmith (as a group name) but I wouldn't recognise any of their music if I heard it, I couldn't tell you any of their album titles and I certainly couldn't name any of the groups members. Pink Floyd I could tell you about, Aerosmith nah. 

Kestrel wrote:

HaileyMcComet wrote:
                            Kestrel wrote:

I'm not kidding.  I've heard of Aerosmith (as a group name) but I wouldn't recognise any of their music if I heard it, I couldn't tell you any of their album titles and I certainly couldn't name any of the groups members. Pink Floyd I could tell you about, Aerosmith nah. 

I was never a huge fan of Aerosmith, but off the top of my head I can name several of their songs. My favorite was from the Bruce Willis movie, Armageddon: I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing. Then there’s Dream On, Walk This Way and Crazy. Oh, and Sweet Emotion! And I know the lead guitarist is Joe Perry.

Here’s Steven singing for Paul at the Kennedy Center Honors:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-_joEQWoWA

Nancy R wrote:

Kestrel wrote:
                              HaileyMcComet wrote:
                              Kestrel wrote:

I was never a huge fan of Aerosmith, but off the top of my head I can name several of their songs. My favorite was from the Bruce Willis movie, Armageddon: I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing. Then there’s Dream On, Walk This Way and Crazy. Oh, and Sweet Emotion! And I know the lead guitarist is Joe Perry.

I gave another link to the same performance upthread.

oobu24 wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                                Kestrel wrote:
                                HaileyMcComet wrote:
                                Kestrel wrote:

I gave another link to the same performance upthread.

After I posted that, I figured someone already had, but just left it. 😉

oobu24 wrote:

I don't know about that.

The best version of Always On My Mind

Dolly Parton attacks capitalism

Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash

Call him folk, but this song is country

Kestrel wrote:

If you've ever listened to any classic rock radio station, you've heard them.