Home

Password issue

4 posts

Last post 21/06/2018

Posted by LadyLeslie

Original post

Hi!  My username is "shacat" and I've been on the board for years.  I tried to login today, but my password wasn't recognized and I was locked out of my account.   I don't have access to the old email address I used that was associated with my username.  (that email address has been deleted).      And I discovered I couldn't post for help unless I was logged in.  SO I created a new account.   I would very much like to have access to my old account username; which is "shacat."  I've been using it for YEARS.   Can you please help me with a password reset so that I can login to it?   Thank you

Leslie

arcanchick wrote:

Hi!  My username is "shacat" and I've been on the board for years.  I tried to login today, but my password wasn't recognized and I was locked out of my account.   I don't have access to the old email address I used that was associated with my username.  (that email address has been deleted).      And I discovered I couldn't post for help unless I was logged in.  SO I created a new account.   I would very much like to have access to my old account username; which is "shacat."  I've been using it for YEARS.   Can you please help me with a password reset so that I can login to it?   Thank you

Leslie

Hi aranchick, my name is Leslie too! lol  Nice to meet you!

I had the same issue when trying to log in to the new board... and locked myself out of my account, but that lockout only lasts about 12 hours or so, at least that's how it was last November.   After a while I tried again, and when I typed in my password, I didn't type it all in small caps, I typed it case sensitive... forgot that the first letter of my password was a capital letter.  Somehow the system is recognizing what your password looked like when you registered it.  Wait several hours then try again to log in to your account... but make it "Case Sensitive"... exactly the way you registered it.  

When I tried that, I was able to get in... then immediately changed my password, using current email.   Haven't had any problems logging in since then, but seems like this login (unlike previous maccaboard) is case sensitive for password, at least for the first time you login. 

Good luck, and hope this can be of help!

Lady Leslie:

LOVE the name btw :)     Thank you.  Your suggestion worked great!  I appreciate the help :) <3

Leslie (arcanchick)

shacat wrote:

Lady Leslie:

LOVE the name btw :)     Thank you.  Your suggestion worked great!  I appreciate the help :) <3

Leslie (arcanchick)

You're welcome, glad to help!  I'm glad everything worked out ok and that you can keep your old username.