Home

Password issue

10 posts

Last post 22/10/2018

Posted by jl4761

Original post

Hi!  My username is "shacat" and I've been on the board for years.  I tried to login today, but my password wasn't recognized and I was locked out of my account.   I don't have access to the old email address I used that was associated with my username.  (that email address has been deleted).      And I discovered I couldn't post for help unless I was logged in.  SO I created a new account.   I would very much like to have access to my old account username; which is "shacat."  I've been using it for YEARS.   Can you please help me with a password reset so that I can login to it?   Thank you

Leslie

arcanchick wrote:

Hi!  My username is "shacat" and I've been on the board for years.  I tried to login today, but my password wasn't recognized and I was locked out of my account.   I don't have access to the old email address I used that was associated with my username.  (that email address has been deleted).      And I discovered I couldn't post for help unless I was logged in.  SO I created a new account.   I would very much like to have access to my old account username; which is "shacat."  I've been using it for YEARS.   Can you please help me with a password reset so that I can login to it?   Thank you

Leslie

Hi aranchick, my name is Leslie too! lol  Nice to meet you!

I had the same issue when trying to log in to the new board... and locked myself out of my account, but that lockout only lasts about 12 hours or so, at least that's how it was last November.   After a while I tried again, and when I typed in my password, I didn't type it all in small caps, I typed it case sensitive... forgot that the first letter of my password was a capital letter.  Somehow the system is recognizing what your password looked like when you registered it.  Wait several hours then try again to log in to your account... but make it "Case Sensitive"... exactly the way you registered it.  

When I tried that, I was able to get in... then immediately changed my password, using current email.   Haven't had any problems logging in since then, but seems like this login (unlike previous maccaboard) is case sensitive for password, at least for the first time you login. 

Good luck, and hope this can be of help!

Lady Leslie:

LOVE the name btw :)     Thank you.  Your suggestion worked great!  I appreciate the help :) <3

Leslie (arcanchick)

shacat wrote:

Lady Leslie:

LOVE the name btw :)     Thank you.  Your suggestion worked great!  I appreciate the help :) <3

Leslie (arcanchick)

You're welcome, glad to help!  I'm glad everything worked out ok and that you can keep your old username.    

Hi 

This is love2travel.  I'm here visiting jl4761 for the festival in Austin TX.  My password stopped working and I want to figure what to do to change my password.  I have forgotten my old password, so I need to start fresh.  What should I do?

jl4761 wrote:

Hi 

This is love2travel.  I'm here visiting jl4761 for the festival in Austin TX.  My password stopped working and I want to figure what to do to change my password.  I have forgotten my old password, so I need to start fresh.  What should I do?

I was wondering why you were logging in under jl4761’s account! When you put in your user name, is there anywhere that says Forgot Password? You can’t change your password unless you know your current one. A mod should hopefully be able to help you here. The only other thing you could do is re-register and just change your user name slightly. Like capitalize Love in love2travel. Never mind - it is already Love2travel. Change it to love2travel.

I just logged out, then went to log back in. At the top it says Request New Password, but I bet you have to know the old one to do that. There is no place for Forgot Password! Hope a Mod can help you!

Nancy R wrote:

I just logged out, then went to log back in. At the top it says Request New Password, but I bet you have to know the old one to do that. There is no place for Forgot Password! Hope a Mod can help you!

Hi Nancy! Please be careful when you log out  successfully then try logging back in unsuccessfully due to error messages that say "Your account has been compromised, please change your password" or "Request a new password" when you have been logging in and out successfully. Websites can't always catch this but someone, probably a hacker, can put a fake web page on the maccaboard as well as other websites such as Bank of America, Amazon and eBay just  to name a few, that looks so real but it s not! You change your password on that same webpage and the hacker will get into your account which can lead to worse problems. This criminal act is called Phishing, please read up on it and be prepared what to look for.    

jl4761 wrote:

Nancy R wrote:

Hi Nancy! Please be careful when you log out  successfully then try logging back in unsuccessfully due to error messages that say "Your account has been compromised, please change your password" or "Request a new password" when you have been logging in and out successfully. Websites can't always catch this but someone, probably a hacker, can put a fake web page on the maccaboard as well as other websites such as Bank of America, Amazon and eBay just  to name a few, that looks so real but it s not! You change your password on that same webpage and the hacker will get into your account which can lead to worse problems. This criminal act is called Phishing, please read up on it and be prepared what to look for.    

Thanks, I know all about Phishing. I occasionally get spoof/phishing emails and I always forward them to the real company.  I would never change my password without opening a new window and logging into the site.

Did Love2travel get her login fixed?

Nancy R wrote:

jl4761 wrote:
                        Nancy R wrote:

Thanks, I know all about Phishing. I occasionally get spoof/phishing emails and I always forward them to the real company.  I would never change my password without opening a new window and logging into the site.

Did Love2travel get her login fixed?

No, she hasn't but is working on it. Thanks for asking.