Home

Macca’s best 25 songs of the past 25 years

7 posts

Last post about 17 hours ago

Posted by Golden*Earth*Girl

Original post

https://beatlefansomethingnew.wordpress.com/2018/06/21/maccas-25-best-of-the-past-25-years/

First off, I haven't visited that link as I didn't want to be influenced by someone elses listing.

Also, I couldn't come up with a 25 but 10 cuts came easily to mind so I'll go with them.

So in no particular order, my top 10 faves are:

Somedays

Heaven On A Sunday

You Tell Me

Queenie Eye

Hosanna

Scared

How Kind Of You

Riding To Vanity Fair

This Never Happened Before

A Certain Softness.

Ok,I'll post this up and then go and visit that top 25 list and see how many of mine are on it. 

-------------------

Ok, there's a lot of lists on that site when I was only expecting one. 3 of my choices were on one persons top 25 but only 2 or 1 appeared in the other lists. At least one of my choices did appear on someone's top 25. 

It's so difficult to choose just 25 favorites, there's so many to like... I guess my favorites are every song I happen to hear, at the time I'm listening to them, lol

But these songs are the ones I enjoy listening to the most, that are "non-Beatle" songs (not necessarily in order of preference):

1. Silly Love Songs2. Maybe I'm Amazed3. Mrs. Vanderbilt4. Band on the Run5. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five6. Let Me Roll It7. Temporary Secretary8. Cosmically Conscious9. Beautiful Night10. Calico Skies11. My Love12. Queenie Eye13. New14. Appreciate15. Jazz Street (unreleased jam session)16. Arrow Through Me17. Uncle Albert / Hands Across the Water18. Come on to Me19. This One20. My Brave Face21. Coming Up22. Don't Say Goodnight23. Lovely Linda, with the flowers in her hair24. Somedays25  No more lonely nights

LadyLeslie wrote:

It's so difficult to choose just 25 favorites, there's so many to like... I guess my favorites are every song I happen to hear, at the time I'm listening to them, lol

But these songs are the ones I enjoy listening to the most, that are "non-Beatle" songs (not necessarily in order of preference):

1. Silly Love Songs2. Maybe I'm Amazed3. Mrs. Vanderbilt4. Band on the Run5. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five6. Let Me Roll It7. Temporary Secretary8. Cosmically Conscious9. Beautiful Night10. Calico Skies11. My Love12. Queenie Eye13. New14. Appreciate15. Jazz Street (unreleased jam session)16. Arrow Through Me17. Uncle Albert / Hands Across the Water18. Come on to Me19. This One20. My Brave Face21. Coming Up22. Don't Say Goodnight23. Lovely Linda, with the flowers in her hair24. Somedays25  No more lonely nights

The songs are only supposed to be from the past 25 years (since 1993) so that leaves out Maybe I’m Amazed and a lot of the others you listed. Back to the drawing board! Lol!

In no particular order, mine are Calico Skies, Little Willow, Somedays, Heaven On A Sunday, Beautiful Night, Appreciate, I Can Bet, Save Us, New, Alligator, Only Mama Knows, Lonesome Town, Jenny Wren, Young Boy and Come On To Me. ( I know that’s not 25, but I don’t think I have that many favorites from the last 25 years. If we added 1970-1992, it would be easy!)

Nancy R wrote:

LadyLeslie wrote:

The songs are only supposed to be from the past 25 years (since 1993) so that leaves out Maybe I’m Amazed and a lot of the others you listed. Back to the drawing board! Lol!

Oops! lol   Well, I guess I can just say, every song in "Flaming Pie," and "New" and the two latest singles "Come on to Me," and "I Don't Know." but I do like "Kisses on the Bottom " as well... I'm sure that all adds up to more than 25, lol

Oooh fab to see mention of Golden Earth Girl! It's such an underated song! I don't agree that it brings Wanderlust to mind; it's closer to Warm and Beautiful, well, the piano intro is anyway! Glad New is there although I would have swapped Save Us with Queenie Eye.