Home

Buying Hot Sound Package and going ALONE :)

1050 views

38 posts

Last post about 4 hours ago

Posted by gianna

      Pages

      Original post

      Hi!

      I have a question for you all.

      I really want to buy the Hot Sound Standing Package for Paul's concert, but unfortunetaly, the package is very very expensive. That's why no one of my friends want to travel with me (the ticket + flight + hotel = very very very expensive).

      I still really want to buy the package (I've never been in a soundcheck).

      Does anybody here has experience in going to one of Paul's shows alone? Including the show itself, the soundcheck, waiting in line oustide the venue etc...

      How is it? What do you say? :)

        Yahllil wrote:

        Hi!

        I have a question for you all.

        I really want to buy the Hot Sound Standing Package for Paul's concert, but unfortunetaly, the package is very very expensive. That's why no one of my friends want to travel with me (the ticket + flight + hotel = very very very expensive).

        I still really want to buy the package (I've never been in a soundcheck).

        Does anybody here has experience in going to one of Paul's shows alone? Including the show itself, the soundcheck, waiting in line oustide the venue etc...

        How is it? What do you say? :)

        I think you'll find it fine, usually those people on line are fans as well to spend that kind of money. Just pick out a friendly face and say "hey" . I'm sure it'll work out fine

          I have done all 3 of my soundcheck experiences (Hot Sound Packages) alone and had a blast. Met lots of great people! 

            I agree...Pauls fans are amazing and very friendly.  The only problem, once you've experienced the whole soundcheck package, you'll want to do it again and again.  Have a fantastic time!!

              I think Ferris Bueller said it best..." If you have the means...I highly recommend it!"

                I've done it twice. I did feel a little lonely, I really wanted to go up onstage and I felt awkward and weird with my sign and nobody with me. But I ended up having an amazing time and talking to people sitting around me. Would definitely do again! (would probably have to because of the cost!) 

                  DrivinFan wrote:

                  I agree...Pauls fans are amazing and very friendly.  The only problem, once you've experienced the whole soundcheck package, you'll want to do it again and again.  Have a fantastic time!!

                  OMG, yes, Ferris, if you have the means..........

                  I have gone by myself with a VIP package twice, in Minnesota  and Liverpool (did i spell Minnesota correctly indecision) Minnesota is a story in itself.

                  It was  a blast, , My experience was meeting like minded fans and you will probably enjoy the hell out of it.

                  As Drivin Fan said , you will only want to do Mr. McCartney concerts with VIP and sound check after that, because its addictive, REALLY addictive.

                   

                  Be realistic with what songs you are going to hear. Look at previous set lists and understand IT IS WHAT IT IS and hope that the songs that are different are YOUR  particular choices, and with his catalog it probably won't be your choices. For an example go to the set list discussion on this board those guys are always pissed . SOOO many are going for the first or second time (85% at least)  that the HITS are what he needs to play, but that's only MY opinion As long as thats OK with you, I think you will have a great time!

                  Anybody out there who has been to VIP seating, please give us your experiene and opinions.

                   

                  In my opinion seeing sound check and the concert up close is awesome. I see a lot  of concerts living in NYC, and other than Mr. McCartney i don't really care as much where I sit because i am interested in the music, but with MACCA it"s  different, I want to be in his living room which is how I feel up close. FRP or PRP   It's AWESOME!!!!!!

                   

                  Everybody going to the upcoming concerts, enjoy!!!!!, they're going to be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    forget 64 and his wife were two people I met in Memphis in 2013! That was a great everything and the food was fantastic! Atlanta food was lousy in 2014 and only marginally better in 2017. But I don’t go for the dinner! Lol! Just give me Paul from the 3rd or 4th Row Center! 

                      Can I ask a related question?  I'm going VIP (along with a friend) for the first time, to the Montreal show.  I am very psyched!!  How/when will we receive the details of admission to the sound check?  I know there's a specified entrance and a specified time, but how are we notified about that?  Does the information come from Paul's organization or the venue? And do people bring signs to the sound check (or is that frowned upon)? 

                        krurb wrote:

                        Can I ask a related question?  I'm going VIP (along with a friend) for the first time, to the Montreal show.  I am very psyched!!  How/when will we receive the details of admission to the sound check?  I know there's a specified entrance and a specified time, but how are we notified about that?  Does the information come from Paul's organization or the venue? And do people bring signs to the sound check (or is that frowned upon)? 

                        The person who bought the tickets will get an email from SLOTix (the VIP provider) about one week before the concert with all the information..time to be there, gate/entrance to be at. Make sure you bring your photo ID for check-in.  As for signs, they are allowed for soundcheck, but sometimes the venue security are picky about what items you can bring in and how big they are, so make sure your sign is not too big, or can be folded, etc. 

                        As for going VIP alone, I have done it and it's just fine. Everyone there is excited to see Paul and it's fairly easy to chat with people in line and also at the dinner, because you usually end up sharing your table with strangers, and you end up talking about how great the soundcheck you just saw was.    I love the soundcheck because it's extra time getting to see Paul performing, in an empty arena.  The good seat for the main concert is, of course, also a plus.   As everyone above has already posted, if you have the means and chance to do it, then do it! 

                          I couldn't afford the VIP treatment, but I did go alone to the Charlotte show in summer of 2010, and some of the fans weren't all that friendly. Some girls and their mom laughed at me when I suddenly danced a jig in elation waiting outside for the doors to open--the fact I was gonna see and hear Macca right there in person suddenly hit, and I couldn't repress the jig...two teen boys in Beatle and Paul tee shirts sat languidly on the concrete and said nothing, might have been stoned, and several men drifted up to the security guard and asked anxiously when the doors would open (I thought they must be in love with Paul, LOL) and the guard replied to one of them that "the Boss is in there tuning up and running sound check" (did he think it was Springsteen?). I had ants in my pants too, from impatience. I saw a little child faint from the sweltering heat. During the concert  people sitting behind  told me to stop screaming, and sounded quite cranky. Fans did give me a ride back to the hotel.

                            I just want to second what everyone else said.  I’ve done Paul soundchecks alone, am doing ones alone again this year, have a blast every time, and agree it’s addictive.  I’ve met a lot of really cool, interesting people at Paul soundchecks, regular Paul shows, waiting outside of Paul shows, and at shows by other artists.  I frequently wind up having great conversations with people seated near me before the show, and often strangers just come up and start chatting at the reception -- or you bump into people from here (Hi, @DrivinFan!).

                            I was apprehensive the first time, but now I routinely go to concerts alone.  While I can miss directly sharing the experience with family & friends, it’s a huge relief not having to depend on people who can be picky and indecisive. :)

                            @SuzyLuvsPaul is right that there can be conflict when you cram so many diverse people together, but I’ve found at Paul shows there are many diehards closer to the front and side of the stage so you’re more likely to blend in among similarly crazy folks if you spring for the expensive seats.  And at shows in general you’ll find that a lot of people in the best seats are there alone -- it’s very common among “serious” concertgoers.

                            @yahllil, my firm advice is to go to the shows and soundchecks you want whether alone or with others -- trust me, you’ll regret it if you let others cause you to miss out!

                             

                              I’ve done sound check on my own and also second what everyone else has said. Two highlights would be hearing Bluebird and getting to say, “you’re Bob Gannon aren’t you”. 😀

                                Jock Tamson wrote:

                                I’ve done sound check on my own and also second what everyone else has said. Two highlights would be hearing Bluebird and getting to say, “you’re Bob Gannon aren’t you”. 😀

                                 

                                Well, I am Bob Gannon and beyond chuffed that would be considered in the top 20,000 highlights in your soundcheck experience!

                                  Bob Gannon wrote:

                                  Jock Tamson wrote:

                                  I’ve done sound check on my own and also second what everyone else has said. Two highlights would be hearing Bluebird and getting to say, “you’re Bob Gannon aren’t you”. 😀

                                   

                                  Well, I am Bob Gannon and beyond chuffed that would be considered in the top 20,000 highlights in your soundcheck experience!

                                  You only drop out of my hot top 20k gig experiences if I have to stand immediately behind you! (Said hi to you at the Liverpool Echo Arena after we had to leave the building after the sound check and re-enter later). 

                                    Jock Tamson wrote:

                                    Bob Gannon wrote:
                                    Jock Tamson wrote:

                                    I’ve done sound check on my own and also second what everyone else has said. Two highlights would be hearing Bluebird and getting to say, “you’re Bob Gannon aren’t you”. 😀

                                     

                                    Well, I am Bob Gannon and beyond chuffed that would be considered in the top 20,000 highlights in your soundcheck experience!

                                    You only drop out of my hot top 20k gig experiences if I have to stand immediately behind you! (Said hi to you at the Liverpool Echo Arena after we had to leave the building after the sound check and re-enter later). 

                                     

                                    Yes, I am a rather tall man.......hope to see you in Liverpool in December!!

                                      Bob Gannon wrote:

                                      Jock Tamson wrote:
                                      Bob Gannon wrote:
                                      Jock Tamson wrote:

                                      I’ve done sound check on my own and also second what everyone else has said. Two highlights would be hearing Bluebird and getting to say, “you’re Bob Gannon aren’t you”. 😀

                                       

                                      Well, I am Bob Gannon and beyond chuffed that would be considered in the top 20,000 highlights in your soundcheck experience!

                                      You only drop out of my hot top 20k gig experiences if I have to stand immediately behind you! (Said hi to you at the Liverpool Echo Arena after we had to leave the building after the sound check and re-enter later). 

                                       

                                      Yes, I am a rather tall man.......hope to see you in Liverpool in December!!

                                      As the joke goes: you know it’s raining a bit before most us! Am going to Liverpool l but not doing hot sound - saving that for Glasgow. 

                                        Are you allowed to take pics/video with your phone at soundcheck?

                                          to the first question:Done it alone and had a blast. That said, it can feel cliquey as there's people that go to many soundchecks and know each other and the routine BUT if you make the effort to say hi, you'll find they're all super friendly. 

                                          As others mentioned you get details of when to arrive and where a few weeks before the show. To your email. So make sure you check your spam filters!

                                          You can take photos but NO video. I don't know if this has changed of late but my last was in 2015 and we got the "you will be kicked out if you're caught taking video, no second chances " speech, said in a very stern voice. Somehow people still do it...they've got some big queenie eye sized balls. I don't lol

                                            crazy4beatles wrote:

                                            to the first question:Done it alone and had a blast. That said, it can feel cliquey as there's people that go to many soundchecks and know each other and the routine BUT if you make the effort to say hi, you'll find they're all super friendly. 

                                            As others mentioned you get details of when to arrive and where a few weeks before the show. To your email. So make sure you check your spam filters!

                                            You can take photos but NO video. I don't know if this has changed of late but my last was in 2015 and we got the "you will be kicked out if you're caught taking video, no second chances " speech, said in a very stern voice. Somehow people still do it...they've got some big queenie eye sized balls. I don't lol

                                             

                                            As of last year, photos were fine a sound check. No sign of that changing. Definitely have yourself a blast and remember, introduce yourself with a smile and i’m Very hopeful that you’ll get a great response back. Body language will usually tell you all you need to know about a person

                                              Pages