Paul interview - The Sunday Times magazine - September 2, 2018

28 posts

Last post 03/09/2018

Posted by SusyLuvsPaul

Pages

Original post

The Sunday Times magazine, UK, September 2, 2018

Love the beard stubble

Wonder why some words are scratched out?

2 people, people smiling, text

Yeah, anyone from the U.K. have that mag and can tell us what it says?

If you go to Paul's twitter, the guy who did the interview with Paul also posted a photo of the cover, and it was scratched out too!    Either they don't want to release what it says yet... or... that's the way the artwork was decided, as a teaser... 

No interview here? 

Thanks, Oobu!  I tried to find a link to the article, but The Times is subscription based and couldn't be read...

I ordered a copy of the magazine from the UK and should have it within a week or so, hopefully!

TheCatInSatinTrousers wrote:

I ordered a copy of the magazine from the UK and should have it within a week or so, hopefully!

Thanks!  Looks like it will be an interesting interview.  Can't wait to find out what the words are that are crossed out! lol

oobu24 wrote:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1035182407400542209

Looked like a joint in his mouth in that one pic circa 1965! Lol!

He says "there was a cupboard full of percussion things".

I've always heard the story as the "percussion things" were in a closet. Is that possibly the same thing?

Jonathan Dean says:

Everything he says seems to carry some weight. Here is a quote that didn’t make the piece

Another bonus quote:

oobu24 wrote:

I've always heard the story as the "percussion things" were in a closet. Is that possibly the same thing?

In Britain a closet is called a cupboard sometimes I think. 😉

Here's a link to the online version. The date on the print issue is Sept. 2nd, which is tomorrow. So maybe check back. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/culture

Nancy R wrote:

oobu24 wrote:

I think all the time rather than sometimes. I don't know anyone who uses the term closet, its always cupboard.

Kestrel wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                                    oobu24 wrote:

I think all the time rather than sometimes. I don't know anyone who uses the term closet, its always cupboard.

Here, a cupboard is a kitchen cabinet, usually an open one displaying dishes. And we put our coats in the closet. You put your coat in a cupboard?

beatlesfanrandy wrote:

Here's a link to the online version. The date on the print issue is Sept. 2nd, which is tomorrow. So maybe check back. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/culture

Thanks Randy! I registered so was able to read the whole thing!

Kestrel wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                                        oobu24 wrote:

I wasn’t positive, hence the term sometimes. Thanks Kestrel! 

oobu24 wrote:

Kestrel wrote:
                                          Nancy R wrote:
                                          oobu24 wrote:

Here, a cupboard is a kitchen cabinet, usually an open one displaying dishes. And we put our coats in the closet. You put your coat in a cupboard?

😂😂 They put their coats in what we call a closet and they call a cupboard. 

P.S. All my cupboards/kitchen cabinets that hold my dishes and glasses have doors.

Pages