Home

Paul's website regarding ticket presales is VERY misleading.

41 posts

Last post 14/09/2018

Posted by thenightfish

Pages

Original post

It seems like every time Paul tickets go on sale, it's as if everyone is in the dark.

The presale information needs to be a little more clear. Where on Pauls website did it say that the fanclub presale was for AMEX holders ONLY? I didn't see it anywhere. If this is the case, where it lists the date and time for the ore-sale, it needs to also include that you must have an AMEX card.

So disappointing.

AMEN!    I am with you on this.  I am completely disappointed that I couldn't get tickets on the PM.com presale because I don't have an Amex.    Usually, there is the Amex presale and a drop-down listed for the PM.com presale where you can use any credit card you want to.

This is actually horrible.  And now I have to wait to see IF there are tickets on Friday.    PM.com SHOULD have said it was Amex only.

This is what it said:

PAULMcCARTNEY.COM PRESALE INFORMATION:

PaulMcCartney.com pre-sale tickets will be available from 10am (LOCAL) Tuesday 4th September. To purchase pre-sale tickets on Tuesday, click the link below and enter the following password: 

PASSWORD: PAULFRESHENUP1

Get U.S. Presale Tickets by Clicking HERE...

And at the bottom of the page:

American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Tuesday, September 4 at 10am local time through Thursday, September 6 at 10pm local time. 

Completely unclear and misleading.  Highly disappointed.

I wasn't even clear where to put the code I received in the email? When I tried to put it into the "Got Offer Code" on the TM site, I got a message saying it was an incorrect code. 

What is the difference between the "Internet Presale" and the Tickets that go on sale to the General Public? 

Do you need a pass code for the Internet Presale? 

eames1969 wrote:

I wasn't even clear where to put the code I received in the email? When I tried to put it into the "Got Offer Code" on the TM site, I got a message saying it was an incorrect code. 

Yeah, I saw that too.  And I tried it, thinking that maybe the password would just go ahead and unlock everything.  Nope.  Absolutely ridiculous. 

I have a feeling this is a mistake....

Either PM.com or Ticketmaster dropped the ball...   I think there was SUPPOSED to be a separate fan allotment, IN ADDITION to the Amex sale.   But somehow or other, the fan allotment didn't show up.    I'll bet you that we get a notice that the fan sale was postponed until tomorrow or another day this week, prior to the general public sale.

I thought it was confusing too. Ok there’s Amex presale, so I guess I’ll have to wait till Friday. What does Internet Presale even mean - is that for paulmccartney.com fans? It was much easier in the past when you logged into paulmccartney.com and used the passcode to order. Well, I just hope I end up with tickets sometime this week! 

Who can we contact about this?

Now I see on TM's website: Presale starts on Thu, Sep 6 @ 10:00 am EDT 1day22hours52minutes18seconds What presale is that?!

There has to be some sort of error. I have an AMEX and this still doesn't work.

FIX THIS PAUL!

It's just unacceptable.

RADIANCE wrote:

It seems like every time Paul tickets go on sale, it's as if everyone is in the dark.

The presale information needs to be a little more clear. Where on Pauls website did it say that the fanclub presale was for AMEX holders ONLY? I didn't see it anywhere. If this is the case, where it lists the date and time for the ore-sale, it needs to also include that you must have an AMEX card.

So disappointing.

OK - I am really upset! I used the link in the email I got last week to try to buy tickets to see Paul in Moline, IL on June 11, 2019.  I got in at 10 AM, entered the appropriate code, was able to pick tickets and actually got two tickets in section C, row 5!!!  I was so excited - and so was my wife (who has never seen Paul live).

When I went to pay, it would not take my Visa card - it would only acept American Express. What???? This was a paulmccartney.com presale, not the American Express one. I even took a screenshot to prove that I had the tickets and was trying to pay for them. Needless to say, when time ran out, my heart sank.

Why did paulmccartney.com send me a special link and a special code if I couldn't buy tickets without an American Express card? Nowhere in the email does it say that is a requirement. I am sure I will not be able to get regular priced tickets so close in the public sale. I want to sit in row 5!!!!!! I have been a member on this website since it began, but I am fuming today and not happy with this at all.

Agree 100%.  The email from the PM website made it sound like today's pre-sale was for people who received the email, not an Am Ex only offer.  It said "the PAULMCCARTNEY.COM PRESALE" so what else were we supposed to think?  Very frustrating.

eames1969 wrote:

My code only worked on my phone - I also got a message saying the code was incorrect when using a PC.

This is unacceptable.

Fab4Clayton wrote:

This is unacceptable.

Agreed. I hate that I disappointed my wife - I told her I had row 5 tickets (I did) but couldn't pay for them with a Visa so I lost them.

i think it might be ticketmaster, the website was down a few days ago

The PM.com presale unlock is working now. Good luck to all.

And yes, this was a very unfortunate mess.

Someone just posted that pre-sale is working now, but I tried again and same problem.  TM is not taking the Pre-Sale code given out in the email from PM.com

hey they fixed the problem, im going to Madison show

Pages