Home

Thursday 23rd May 2019: New Orleans LA - Smoothie King Arena - confirmed

244 views

15 posts

Last post 22/09/2018

Posted by busher

      Original post

      For ticket details, click here:

       https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/three-new-us-dates-announced-of-new-tour

        I got some terrific seats through AMEX pre-sale this morning...now for the loooonnngggg wait!

         

         

          The New Orleans TM information says the ususal ticket limits and no refunds or exchanges. It also says no alternate pick ups.  I wonder what that is?  Perhaps the person who bought the tix has to show ID to enter?  Also says resales are not permitted.  Does this mean no verified resale tix like there are listed for the Lexington TM tix site?  Hard to think one can't resell tix that one bought 9 or 10 months in advance.  You know some people are going to have their circumstances change.

          I tried calling TM but their hours are over for tonight. If anyone can provide some feedback it will be greatly appreciated.  Pre-sale is tomorrow at 10:00 AM Central.  Thanks.

            Alternate pickups sounds like picking up tickets, like at Will Call. God only knows. Call TM in the morning at 9 am when they open.

            P.S. Did you receive your verified fan code? If so, do they tell you when you can buy tickets? I’m not buying any tomorrow (already got Greenville) but I’m curious about this verified fan deal.

              First post here, and it's a quesiton. If you look at the New Orleans show (looking for a reason to visit that city), there's a pre sale that notes (album pre-order sale). Does anyone know about that pre-sal? 

                sportsdoc wrote:

                First post here, and it's a quesiton. If you look at the New Orleans show (looking for a reason to visit that city), there's a pre sale that notes (album pre-order sale). Does anyone know about that pre-sal? 

                That was the first time I saw it too trying to get tix to NO; no idea how it works

                To me, there is too much pre-sale stuff going on...Amex/VIP/hot seat/verified fan blah blah blah..it is confusing to fans and seems to confuse the marketing..

                I long for the days when you were fan club member; you got a password and then it was a free for all to get tix. LOL

                  busher wrote:

                  sportsdoc wrote:

                  First post here, and it's a quesiton. If you look at the New Orleans show (looking for a reason to visit that city), there's a pre sale that notes (album pre-order sale). Does anyone know about that pre-sal? 

                  That was the first time I saw it too trying to get tix to NO; no idea how it works

                  To me, there is too much pre-sale stuff going on...Amex/VIP/hot seat/verified fan blah blah blah..it is confusing to fans and seems to confuse the marketing..

                  I long for the days when you were fan club member; you got a password and then it was a free for all to get tix. LOL

                  Back in the good,old days...the 1993 Tour... Club Sandwich fans were offered 2 tickets.....first 10 rows on the floor.....$50 each. You got a letter in the regular mail  and returned it with a check. No sweat..no stress. I couldn’t get a seat for New Orleans with Am Ex or verified fan. Hoping to snag a Hot package VIP in the general sale on Monday. 

                    Hi yall!!! The verified fan pre sale wasnt  too good to me, however I got my tickets... Can’t wait to see Paul here in NOLA!

                      Well that was a bust.  Logged on right at 10:00.  I think the first message said no tickets on-line.  Then it said I had to try a different device.  I'm on vacation, just checked in yesterday and had not set up my iPad yet with their web access.  By the time I did that it was 10:13 and it is still looking for one tix at 10:18.  Good grief.

                        Fab4Clayton wrote:

                        Well that was a bust.  Logged on right at 10:00.  I think the first message said no tickets on-line.  Then it said I had to try a different device.  I'm on vacation, just checked in yesterday and had not set up my iPad yet with their web access.  By the time I did that it was 10:13 and it is still looking for one tix at 10:18.  Good grief.

                        I have had the same experience with the different device BS from Ticketbastard. Why now after years of buying tickets I have no idea. I posted this elsewhere to see if other board menbers have had the same problem.

                          I didn’t start looking for tickets till about 15 minutes in...was at work..that was a problem. But I got the package I wanted. Now my daughter and son in law want to go and I am looking for more sensibly priced tickets. I don’t see any. Was this sale just for the expensive seats?

                            Finally got into Ticketmaster and about four times it kept looking and looking and then said no tix for the type I was looking for. Told me to keep trying.  I'm confused because the information said "no resales allowed" but at 11:15 AM there were a lot of Ticketmaster verified resell tix for sale. Not happy with this situation at all.

                              For me , everytime a decent ticket  came up, would allow to be viewed and all of the sudden a "OOPS! This ticket was taken by another fan" message would come up... Well, I ended up  checking out the tickets brokers site and bought it there (section 112) , for less than I would pay for a "package" for the nose bleed sections... 

                                I am still trying to get tickets that aren’t a package, I called both ticketmaster and the smoothie center...they both said it’s sold out. I have been doing Paul concerts since 1976 and I know there is no such thing as a sold out show.  I have gotten fantastic seats the day of a show and not resale. 

                                So besides MPL  and radio/tv/ social media holding some....is Ticketmaster holding out until the event gets closer? I am just about ready to buy 2 tickets on a secondary site because I am much too busy to keep looking daily for seats for my daughter and son in law. Did ANYONE get a seat in the sections 100, 200 or 300?

                                Thanks for listening to my rant guys! I just needed to vent!!!

                                  same experience here...Started looking at 10 am sharp and immediately said no tickets available and then the device warning came up several times. 

                                  This process sucks