Home

Beatles Tribute Bands

12520 views

62 posts

Last post 06/01/2019

Posted by Nancy R

      Pages

      Nancy R wrote:

      They sound great! Will have to keep an eye out for them.

      https://www.bandsintown.com/en/a/135464-the-mahoney-brothers

      https://www.mahoneybros.com/

      If you send them your email (scroll down on that last link) you will then see a complete tour schedule (mostly in NJ, PA, MD, and Canada)

       

      Nancy,

      The 3 Brothers come from NJ so it's not surprising that they play so much in the Mid-Atlantic area of the US.  They have been doing their tribute shows for so long that it's not surprising that they probably  at this point have gotten tired of the traveling.  These Bands don't travel lke Paul or Ringo... ha ha.  If this is correct, I am surprised however that they haven't done AROTR or the cruises at this point or you would probably have seen them by now.  Just meeting some of the famous original artists (e.g. Peter Asher, Peter Noone, Denny Laine, Laurence Juber etc. ) at AROTR would probably be a special treat for them.  I will say this...quality wise, the Mahoney Brothers are just as good (or better) than many of the bands I saw at AROTR. 

      I was trying to find a setlist for the Atlantic City show but couldn't find one.  There were probably a couple of other songs that they played that I really liked but I was strictly going by memory.  Similar to Peter Asher's show, they also utilized live "Beatle" footage (Group and Solo)  on a large screen adjacent to the stage that was effective.

      BTW...loved the shots of your Mother from 2017.  She looked like she was having a great time with that Band.

        B J Conlee wrote:

        Nancy R wrote:

        They sound great! Will have to keep an eye out for them.

        https://www.bandsintown.com/en/a/135464-the-mahoney-brothers

        https://www.mahoneybros.com/

        If you send them your email (scroll down on that last link) you will then see a complete tour schedule (mostly in NJ, PA, MD, and Canada)

         

        Nancy,

        The 3 Brothers come from NJ so it's not surprising that they play so much in the Mid-Atlantic area of the US.  They have been doing their tribute shows for so long that it's not surprising that they probably  at this point have gotten tired of the traveling.  These Bands don't travel lke Paul or Ringo... ha ha.  If this is correct, I am surprised however that they haven't done AROTR or the cruises at this point or you would probably have seen them by now.  Just meeting some of the famous original artists (e.g. Peter Asher, Peter Noone, Denny Laine, Laurence Juber etc. ) at AROTR would probably be a special treat for them.  I will say this...quality wise, the Mahoney Brothers are just as good (or better) than many of the bands I saw at AROTR. 

        I was trying to find a setlist for the Atlantic City show but couldn't find one.  There were probably a couple of other songs that they played that I really liked but I was strictly going by memory.  Similar to Peter Asher's show, they also utilized live "Beatle" footage (Group and Solo)  on a large screen adjacent to the stage that was effective.

        BTW...loved the shots of your Mother from 2017.  She looked like she was having a great time with that Band.

        Thanks! Yeah, she was definitely the oldest Beatles fan there! I had to make her wear the t-shirt though! Lol!

          Nancy R wrote:

          Thanks! Yeah, she was definitely the oldest Beatles fan there! I had to make her wear the t-shirt though! Lol!

          LOL!

            1964: The Tribute’s gear:

            http://1964coolstorage.com/

              One of The Fab Four tribute band (Joe who plays Ringo) visited this place and posted pics of it on FB. It is amazing - all kinds of memorabilia too!

              http://www.beatlesandbeans.com/about.html

                Adam Hastings and The Bootleg Beatles

                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OIozZOagj0k

                 

                 

                  Adam looks so much like John

                  !

                    Saw American English last night. They were playing outside at the local park along with a hot rod show. They were good! But they must have been HOT...the humidity is getting really high & they had on all the heavy suits of The Beatles.

                      My friend Jennifer saw them play at the White Sox game recently. Their George (James Paul Lynch) used to play John in BritBeat!

                        Nancy R wrote:

                         

                        Well, the White Sox won, so she was happy anyway! Why does Chicago have 2 baseball teams? Answer:

                        https://www.quora.com/How-did-Chicago-end-up-with-2-major-league-baseball-teams

                        Los Angeles, where it snows every 500 years, has two hockey teams.

                        New York has two of everything.

                          Have tickets for The Return at the Holly Theatre in Dahlonega, GA Oct. 26th and today got tickets for The Fab Four at Atlanta Symphony Hall next Feb. 10th. Both 2nd row seats. 😃

                            1964: The Tribute

                            https://www.tribstar.com/features/bash/tribute-band-lead-guitarist-tom-work-re-creates-george-harrison/article_d275a849-fe21-5766-ac29-1da4b75d0173.html

                              I've seen RAIN and 1964 THE TRIBUTE, I truly believe that these two Tribute Bands accomplished what they set out to accomplish, both bands took us down memory lane and brought back the true spirit of The Beatles in the 1960's! Has anyone ever seen the film BEATLEMANIA? BEATLEMANIA was the second true Beatles Tribute Band (RAIN was the first) that was performing in the 1970's when all four Ex-Beatles where alive. In my opinion, the more Beatles tribute bands there are, the more The Beatles will never be forgotten  due to the curiosity and birth of newer and younger Beatles fans.   

                                jl4761 wrote:

                                I've seen RAIN and 1964 THE TRIBUTE, I truly believe that these two Tribute Bands accomplished what they set out to accomplish, both bands took us down memory lane and brought back the true spirit of The Beatles in the 1960's! Has anyone ever seen the film BEATLEMANIA? BEATLEMANIA was the second true Beatles Tribute Band (RAIN was the first) that was performing in the 1970's when all four Ex-Beatles where alive. In my opinion, the more Beatles tribute bands there are, the more The Beatles will never be forgotten  due to the curiosity and birth of newer and younger Beatles fans.   

                                I saw the Beatlemania movie AND the touring group when they came to Atlanta in late 1980 (Mitch Weismann was not the Paul anymore - we are now friends on FB!) 

                                Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to see The Return in Dahlonega, GA. Have known them since they were The Roaches in 1996! The guy who has always played George with them is now 41. I was 41 when I met him!!

                                  Nancy R wrote:

                                  jl4761 wrote:

                                  I've seen RAIN and 1964 THE TRIBUTE, I truly believe that these two Tribute Bands accomplished what they set out to accomplish, both bands took us down memory lane and brought back the true spirit of The Beatles in the 1960's! Has anyone ever seen the film BEATLEMANIA? BEATLEMANIA was the second true Beatles Tribute Band (RAIN was the first) that was performing in the 1970's when all four Ex-Beatles where alive. In my opinion, the more Beatles tribute bands there are, the more The Beatles will never be forgotten  due to the curiosity and birth of newer and younger Beatles fans.   

                                  I saw the Beatlemania movie AND the touring group when they came to Atlanta in late 1980 (Mitch Weismann was not the Paul anymore - we are now friends on FB!) 

                                  Tomorrow my daughter and I are going to see The Return in Dahlonega, GA. Have known them since they were The Roaches in 1996! The guy who has always played George with them is now 41. I was 41 when I met him!!

                                  That is so cool Nancy, watch out for those Roaches! You know how those Roaches have that high feeling, makes you want to sing like Willie Nelson!

                                    I'm not up on my Beatles tribute bands, but is there one where all the performers are the same age as John, Paul, George and Ringo would be today?   Most of the tribute bands I see online are MopTop and Sgt Pepper age... would love to see a tribute band that would simulate what a concert experience would be like if all four were still alive and together, at the ages they are now.. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'd like to see a "what if"type of experience...  Maybe it's one of those things where "what is" has to be accepted and respected, that's why it hasn't been discussed much.

                                      LadyLeslie wrote:

                                      I'm not up on my Beatles tribute bands, but is there one where all the performers are the same age as John, Paul, George and Ringo would be today?   Most of the tribute bands I see online are MopTop and Sgt Pepper age... would love to see a tribute band that would simulate what a concert experience would be like if all four were still alive and together, at the ages they are now.. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'd like to see a "what if"type of experience...  Maybe it's one of those things where "what is" has to be accepted and respected, that's why it hasn't been discussed much.

                                      No, there are none like that. People want to see the Beatles as they were in the various stages: early Beatles in suits, Shea Stadium outfits, Sgt. Pepper, Let It Be/Abbey Road eras. The best bands (The Fab Four, BritBeat) give you a taste of it all. Others only concentrate on early Beatles (1964: The Tribute, Hard Day’s Night, Studio Two) 

                                      Btw, Hard Day’s Night was just robbed of most of their guitars in Columbus, OH! Here’s their FB message:

                                      Friends! We need your help, especially in the Columbus Ohio area.Last night after our show at the McConnell Arts  Center our vehicle was broken into at the Courtyard Mariott in the Crosswoods area of Columbus, many of our guitars were stolen.

                                      Please be on the lookout at local music stores and pawn shops for:Gibson J160E serial 90487020Epiphone Casino (JL tribute) serial R99E 1437Epiphone Casino (Elite) serial T 1302027Gretsch Country Gentleman 6122 (1967) serial 5-1059 -case has a door nail through the handleRickenbacker 320 serial A2-9921Rickenbacker 330-12 Fireglo serial 04-20898Epiphone Texan (PM Inspired) FT-79N serial I2102311834Gibson Les Paul Red- working on finding serial# but... it is a faded studio that I painted binding on... and changed all the hardware to cream. 

                                      They smashed the back window of our tan Tahoe and broke the lock on our trailer. Photos of the Tahoe damage are below, and hotel camera footage captured images of the criminals' black pickup.

                                      Please help us! We need you!Thank you.

                                      Mike

                                      WSYX ABC 6, NBC4, WTTE FOX 28, 10TV - WBNSLev's Pawn Shop (just in case some pretty fantastic guitars find their way in)Columbus Division of Police (We know you are on it! Catch the bad guys!!)

                                        My daughter and I saw The Return last Friday night and their (relatively) new Paul is learning to play bass left-handed. He did the majority of the set right handed, since he is still learning. So he had 4 different Hofners up there! I told him after the show how pleased I was that he was learning to play lefty and to keep up the good work. There are very few naturally left-handed “Pauls.” Only Mac Ruffing, Chris Getsla and Jon Perry come to mind. Ardy Sarraf in The Fab Four taught himself to play everything lefty, even Yesterday on the acoustic Epiphone.

                                          Nancy R wrote:

                                          LadyLeslie wrote:

                                          I'm not up on my Beatles tribute bands, but is there one where all the performers are the same age as John, Paul, George and Ringo would be today?   Most of the tribute bands I see online are MopTop and Sgt Pepper age... would love to see a tribute band that would simulate what a concert experience would be like if all four were still alive and together, at the ages they are now.. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'd like to see a "what if"type of experience...  Maybe it's one of those things where "what is" has to be accepted and respected, that's why it hasn't been discussed much.

                                          No, there are none like that. People want to see the Beatles as they were in the various stages: early Beatles in suits, Shea Stadium outfits, Sgt. Pepper, Let It Be/Abbey Road eras. The best bands (The Fab Four, BritBeat) give you a taste of it all. Others only concentrate on early Beatles (1964: The Tribute, Hard Day’s Night, Studio Two) 

                                          Btw, Hard Day’s Night was just robbed of most of their guitars in Columbus, OH! Here’s their FB message:

                                          Friends! We need your help, especially in the Columbus Ohio area.Last night after our show at the McConnell Arts  Center our vehicle was broken into at the Courtyard Mariott in the Crosswoods area of Columbus, many of our guitars were stolen.

                                          Please be on the lookout at local music stores and pawn shops for:Gibson J160E serial 90487020Epiphone Casino (JL tribute) serial R99E 1437Epiphone Casino (Elite) serial T 1302027Gretsch Country Gentleman 6122 (1967) serial 5-1059 -case has a door nail through the handleRickenbacker 320 serial A2-9921Rickenbacker 330-12 Fireglo serial 04-20898Epiphone Texan (PM Inspired) FT-79N serial I2102311834Gibson Les Paul Red- working on finding serial# but... it is a faded studio that I painted binding on... and changed all the hardware to cream. 

                                          They smashed the back window of our tan Tahoe and broke the lock on our trailer. Photos of the Tahoe damage are below, and hotel camera footage captured images of the criminals' black pickup.

                                          Please help us! We need you!Thank you.

                                          Mike

                                          WSYX ABC 6, NBC4, WTTE FOX 28, 10TV - WBNSLev's Pawn Shop (just in case some pretty fantastic guitars find their way in)Columbus Division of Police (We know you are on it! Catch the bad guys!!)

                                          Good news!!

                                          -----UPDATE------UPDATE ---------UPDATE---------

                                          FRIENDS!!!  We were informed today by the Columbus Police Dept. that a pawn shop in Columbus was flagged after registering guitars with serial numbers matching SIX of our guitars! The detective from the CPD reports that the transaction included 8 guitars matching the description of our instruments! Every one of our guitars, all 8, found! We have not seen them and cannot speak to their condition but soon we will have the opportunity to retrieve our stolen property!  

                                          We can't wait to get our eyes on these things to confirm that they are as they were. The search appears to be over! We can't believe how quickly they were found! We find the events of the last couple of days unbelievable!

                                          We are overwhelmed by the amazing outpouring of support and care form this community. We are truly grateful for the sentiments and in some cases the effort you put forth to help out during this insanity. 

                                          Thank you all! More to come! Stay tuned~ 

                                          Mike

                                            Has anyone mentioned "Damn Crystals" from Norway? They're pretty good (can't touch Macca, though!). Their "Venus and Mars" and others are intriguing. They're certainly enthusiastic. They especially love to cover all the "Ram" songs. They aren't just a tribute band and write their own songs.

                                              Pages