Website

Beatles US albums to be released in January
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
favoritething
In The Middle Of Something

PostPosted: 12-21-2013 06:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
I have all the Beatles Capitol albums in mono, and stereo. I have all the Beatles British albums in CD and all the remasters (2009) in Stereo. Why is it that I feel I must have these new Capitol releases? Laughing

I'm kind of on the fence about whether to get this or not. I have all the stereo Capitol albums on vinyl, both volumes of the Capitol Albums boxed sets (with the true US stereo and mono mixes) from the last decade, plus the eighties versions of the British albums on CD, plus the CD boxed sets of all the British albums in stereo and mono. For me, the "collector's value" of this new box is a bit flimsy!
Nancy R
Whisper Words Of Wisdom

PostPosted: 12-21-2013 11:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

favoritething wrote:
Nancy R wrote:
I have all the Beatles Capitol albums in mono, and stereo. I have all the Beatles British albums in CD and all the remasters (2009) in Stereo. Why is it that I feel I must have these new Capitol releases? Laughing

I'm kind of on the fence about whether to get this or not. I have all the stereo Capitol albums on vinyl, both volumes of the Capitol Albums boxed sets (with the true US stereo and mono mixes) from the last decade, plus the eighties versions of the British albums on CD, plus the CD boxed sets of all the British albums in stereo and mono. For me, the "collector's value" of this new box is a bit flimsy!

You're worse than I am! Laughing
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA May 12, 2002
FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN May 26, 2013
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA Oct. 15, 2014
JoeySmith
A Wonderful Sight

PostPosted: 12-21-2013 11:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer the Capital version of Rubber Soul over the U.K. version. Sounds more like a concept album to my ears.
blue jay hey
In Another World

PostPosted: 12-22-2013 05:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatlesfanrandy wrote:
Looks like "The Beatles Story" will be the only CD from the reissues which will not be sold individually. You have to buy the box set to get it. Glad I have it on vinyl! Smile

i have this one on as a bootleg cd

not really one of my favorites but still fun to have
In The Middle Of Something

PostPosted: 12-22-2013 05:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeySmith wrote:
I actually prefer the Capital version of Rubber Soul over the U.K. version. Sounds more like a concept album to my ears.

I've always thought so, too.
lennon_08518
In The Audience

PostPosted: 12-24-2013 04:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisstevens wrote:
Well this is pretty exciting stuff! I only own Capitol Albums Vol.1, was thinking of getting Vol.2 but think I won't need to bother now- I'll go for the boxset itself. The new box, just looking at it, it's so....yummy! Can't wait.

I can see some controversy in replacing the duo-phonic tracks into sensible stereo. My personal opinion is that those version sound horrible, particularly I feel Fine, which when I first heard it on my Capitol Vol.! wondered what was wrong with it! So now you'll hear it in nicer actual stereo. On the other hand, it now makes it the package a less authentic version of the originals. It's all down to personal preference. I'm excited to hear the US only mixes to hear if there are any notable differences.

This was how we first heard them and remember them when Beatlemania was just breaking in the USA. As "bad" as the mixes are, they are very nostalgic for us first generation fans in the US.
Nancy R
Whisper Words Of Wisdom

PostPosted: 12-24-2013 10:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

lennon_08518 wrote:
chrisstevens wrote:
Well this is pretty exciting stuff! I only own Capitol Albums Vol.1, was thinking of getting Vol.2 but think I won't need to bother now- I'll go for the boxset itself. The new box, just looking at it, it's so....yummy! Can't wait.

I can see some controversy in replacing the duo-phonic tracks into sensible stereo. My personal opinion is that those version sound horrible, particularly I feel Fine, which when I first heard it on my Capitol Vol.! wondered what was wrong with it! So now you'll hear it in nicer actual stereo. On the other hand, it now makes it the package a less authentic version of the originals. It's all down to personal preference. I'm excited to hear the US only mixes to hear if there are any notable differences.

This was how we first heard them and remember them when Beatlemania was just breaking in the USA. As "bad" as the mixes are, they are very nostalgic for us first generation fans in the US.

Agree with post
Fan4-45years
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 12-25-2013 11:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have the UK version of all of these albums/songs. Has that been released? Anyone know?
Nancy R
Whisper Words Of Wisdom

PostPosted: 12-25-2013 06:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4-45years wrote:
I would like to have the UK version of all of these albums/songs. Has that been released? Anyone know?

Yes--remember--on 9/9/09? They released the stereo and mono boxed sets of the U.K. albums remastered? The Beatles Rock Show game was released the same day. Wink
Fan4-45years
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 12-25-2013 07:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
Fan4-45years wrote:

Yes--remember--on 9/9/09? They released the stereo and mono boxed sets of the U.K. albums remastered? The Beatles Rock Show game was released the same day. Wink

Oh, yes! Dang. I just spent my Amazon gift card.
I got the two BBC albums. Very looking forward to getting those!
stuartshire
In The Audience

PostPosted: 12-26-2013 10:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't understand this. A few years ago they released two volumes of Capitol albums , but left out Yesterday and Today and Hey Jude . Now they've done it AGAIN ,but with the incorrect masters and the two albums mentioned above ,and The Beatles Story ?!

Completists nightmare !
blue jay hey
In Another World

PostPosted: 12-26-2013 11:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuartshire wrote:
Don't understand this. A few years ago they released two volumes of Capitol albums , but left out Yesterday and Today and Hey Jude . Now they've done it AGAIN ,but with the incorrect masters and the two albums mentioned above ,and The Beatles Story ?!

Completists nightmare !

yeah

what a mess in my opinion
It's A Tug Of War

PostPosted: 12-27-2013 02:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuartshire wrote:

Completists nightmare !

Also, this includes A Hard Day's Night, which the Capitol Albums did not include (I believe since it was a United Artists release). Minor clarification, but point still taken; this is very messy.

I'm one of these who owns everything - all the 1987 original CDs, 2009 stereo and mono remasters, plus the Capitol albums collections. I will probably have to buy this due to my insane completest tendencies, but it appears that the Capitol album collections won't even be completely superceded because there will be some of the wrong US mixes being used.
Johnny A
Learn To Fly

PostPosted: 12-27-2013 03:36 AM    Post subject: Is it worth it for the Mono alone? Reply with quote

I have the Stereo box set, but I never bought the Mono. From what I've read, it sounds like maybe this would be worth it for the mono versions alone. But realistically, will I be able to tell the difference between the stereo and mono versions of songs? Does one sound better than the other? Forgive my ignorance and thanks....
Nancy R
Whisper Words Of Wisdom

PostPosted: 12-27-2013 05:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuartshire wrote:

Completists nightmare !

Luckily for this completist, I did not buy the CDs back then! So, will probably eventually get these new ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> YESTERDAY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: