paulmccartney.com Forum Index
Login
Register
Search
FAQ
Website
   
PAUL McCARTNEY IN THE BEATLES - new book coming in 2017!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE DOING?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tonyconley2017
Learn To Fly


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 6

PostPosted: 06-14-2017 01:23 PM    Post subject: PAUL McCARTNEY IN THE BEATLES - new book coming in 2017! Reply with quote

Good Mojo Press is proud to announce the upcoming release of "Paul McCartney In The Beatles" A 400 page book by Tony Conley that looks at the music and musicianship of Paul McCartney during his time in the Beatles.

Visit our website, join our mailing list, and receive a free excerpt from the book! We will also be doing some great giveaways in the upcoming weeks and months!

"Analyzing a Beatle is like trying to describe a season. It is, by definition, an attempt to describe a force of nature. If Art is subjective then all that matters is taste. Mr. Conley's loving, penetrating book on Sir Paul is definitive. His understanding of Vaudeville Paul & Little Richard Paul embodies the ethos of an artist that recreated song writing and performing for generations to come...A black bird singing in the dead of night, forever." ~ Michael Des Barres, host at Little Steven's Underground Garage on SiriusXM

http://goodmojopress.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyconley2017
Learn To Fly


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 6

PostPosted: 07-02-2017 05:49 PM    Post subject: Interview with author Tony Conley Reply with quote

Author Tony Conley discusses his upcoming book, Paul McCartney In The Beatles.

http://goodmojopress.com/newsroom/interview-with-author-tony-conley/

Quote:
“Millions know and love his timeless Beatles era hits like ‘Yesterday’ ‘Hey Jude’ ‘Eleanor Rigby’ and so many more, but Tony Conley takes us beyond the pop star mythology to the core of the artist…the innovative and game changing genius bassist, pianist, drummer, guitarist, arranger and singer. Behind the boyish grin, the ‘Cute Beatle’ was and is still nothing less than one of the greatest hands-on musicians of the last few centuries.” — Johnny Hickman, Guitarist, Cracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nancy R
On A Strange Vacation


Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Posts: 24389
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: 07-03-2017 03:52 AM    Post subject: Re: Interview with author Tony Conley Reply with quote

tonyconley2017 wrote:
Author Tony Conley discusses his upcoming book, Paul McCartney In The Beatles.

http://goodmojopress.com/newsroom/interview-with-author-tony-conley/

Quote:
“Millions know and love his timeless Beatles era hits like ‘Yesterday’ ‘Hey Jude’ ‘Eleanor Rigby’ and so many more, but Tony Conley takes us beyond the pop star mythology to the core of the artist…the innovative and game changing genius bassist, pianist, drummer, guitarist, arranger and singer. Behind the boyish grin, the ‘Cute Beatle’ was and is still nothing less than one of the greatest hands-on musicians of the last few centuries.” — Johnny Hickman, Guitarist, Cracker


I totally agree with this guy's assessment of Paul and John! (Read the whole interview)
_________________
Omni, Atlanta, GA May 18, 1976, Feb. 17, 1990
GA Dome, Atlanta, GA May 1, 1993
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA May 12, 2002
FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN May 26, 2013
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA Oct. 15, 2014
Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, GA July 13, 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyconley2017
Learn To Fly


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 6

PostPosted: 07-03-2017 04:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. I see John and Paul as very different types of geniuses, and I think that's what made the combination so incredibly powerful!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 07-12-2017 01:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really love the idea of being able to listen to the music while you read along. Sounds like a great book that I'll have to read, especially with Nancy's endorsement! Wink
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nancy R
On A Strange Vacation


Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Posts: 24389
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: 07-12-2017 06:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2travel wrote:
Really love the idea of being able to listen to the music while you read along. Sounds like a great book that I'll have to read, especially with Nancy's endorsement! Wink


Thanks! Very Happy
_________________
Omni, Atlanta, GA May 18, 1976, Feb. 17, 1990
GA Dome, Atlanta, GA May 1, 1993
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA May 12, 2002
FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN May 26, 2013
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA Oct. 15, 2014
Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, GA July 13, 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 07-12-2017 08:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
love2travel wrote:
Really love the idea of being able to listen to the music while you read along. Sounds like a great book that I'll have to read, especially with Nancy's endorsement! Wink


Thanks! Very Happy
I'm waiting for your book Nancy !!! Smart
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nancy R
On A Strange Vacation


Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Posts: 24389
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: 07-12-2017 11:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2travel wrote:
Nancy R wrote:
love2travel wrote:
Really love the idea of being able to listen to the music while you read along. Sounds like a great book that I'll have to read, especially with Nancy's endorsement! Wink


Thanks! Very Happy
I'm waiting for your book Nancy !!! Smart


Laughing I think Mark Lewisohn has it covered! Now if he'd only release part 2!
_________________
Omni, Atlanta, GA May 18, 1976, Feb. 17, 1990
GA Dome, Atlanta, GA May 1, 1993
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA May 12, 2002
FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN May 26, 2013
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA Oct. 15, 2014
Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, GA July 13, 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 07-13-2017 03:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
love2travel wrote:
Nancy R wrote:
love2travel wrote:
Really love the idea of being able to listen to the music while you read along. Sounds like a great book that I'll have to read, especially with Nancy's endorsement! Wink


Thanks! Very Happy
I'm waiting for your book Nancy !!! Smart


Laughing I think Mark Lewisohn has it covered! Now if he'd only release part 2!
So...wondering how he is doing? Anyone have any ideas? I'm also waiting for Luca's addendum. He must be waiting for the next album....I loved his book, it's so fascinating about the songs and the order they were written... Cool Cool
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyconley2017
Learn To Fly


Joined: 27 Feb 2017
Posts: 6

PostPosted: 07-18-2017 03:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://goodmojopress.com/newsroom/press-release/

Here is our latest press release, which gives more details, and talks about our upcoming Indiegogo campaign which contains some incredible perks for Paul and Beatles fans!

Thanks very much for your comments! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE DOING? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


©2007 PaulMcCartney.com All Rights Reserved | Templating ©2007 HighlandFox.com | Powered by phpBB ©2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Site Hosted By: devstars.com


Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations: 265192