Fans on stage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrivinFan
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 08-20-2017 10:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenightfish wrote:
maccascruff wrote:
The original was a fan from California but it happened at his concert at Halifax Commons on July 11, 2009.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/in-halifax-three-hours-with-paul---and-john-george-and-ringo/article792726/

"Instead, McCartney returned the love by being chatty and personable all evening long, sometimes addressing fans directly if he liked one of the signs held up to get his attention. For example, after he read one out loud: "Would you please autograph my arm, so that I can get it tattooed?" he invited the young woman up on stage, where he did pen her arm, to delighted shrieks from her and the audience."

Yes, I believe that Audrey was the first one to get an autograph tattoo.

DrivinFan, the first fans I remember seeing on stage were back in 2002, the Ft Lauderdale show..2 long-time fans were brought up to dance during I Saw Her Standing There.

You're right...sorry!
It was shown on the very end of the video released for that tour.
New Jersey / SC - 8/7/16 - SANG WITH PAUL ON STAGE!!
Long Island / SC - 9/26/17
thenightfish
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 03:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrivinFan wrote:
thenightfish wrote:
maccascruff wrote:
The original was a fan from California but it happened at his concert at Halifax Commons on July 11, 2009.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/music/in-halifax-three-hours-with-paul---and-john-george-and-ringo/article792726/

"Instead, McCartney returned the love by being chatty and personable all evening long, sometimes addressing fans directly if he liked one of the signs held up to get his attention. For example, after he read one out loud: "Would you please autograph my arm, so that I can get it tattooed?" he invited the young woman up on stage, where he did pen her arm, to delighted shrieks from her and the audience."

Yes, I believe that Audrey was the first one to get an autograph tattoo.

DrivinFan, the first fans I remember seeing on stage were back in 2002, the Ft Lauderdale show..2 long-time fans were brought up to dance during I Saw Her Standing There.

You're right...sorry!
It was shown on the very end of the video released for that tour.

No worries! The triplets' turn came not too much later and is definitely memorable! Very Happy
maccascruff
On A Strange Vacation

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 02:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrivinFan wrote:
HaileyMcComet wrote:
This topic and this http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77256 are interesting back to back reads.

To have Paul McCartney call us up on stage, not once but twice (!!), is in a word...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

I have an issue with fans who get on stage twice. What about others who would like the opportunity to do the same. You have had your moment on stage. Let others have the same opportunity.

In Philly in 2015, I think, 3 women were called on stage. 2 of them (not together) had been on stage previously.

Same thing in Des Moines this summer. That one appeared the husband wanted the tattoo, but the wife already had hers.
All the weapons of war we despise
Nancy R
On A Strange Vacation

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 03:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

maccascruff wrote:
DrivinFan wrote:
HaileyMcComet wrote:
This topic and this http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77256 are interesting back to back reads.

To have Paul McCartney call us up on stage, not once but twice (!!), is in a word...UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

I have an issue with fans who get on stage twice. What about others who would like the opportunity to do the same. You have had your moment on stage. Let others have the same opportunity.

In Philly in 2015, I think, 3 women were called on stage. 2 of them (not together) had been on stage previously.

Same thing in Des Moines this summer. That one appeared the husband wanted the tattoo, but the wife already had hers.

Agreed. If I had gotten up there once, I would never bring another sign. So far I'm 0 for 3. Crying or Very sad
FedEx Forum, Memphis, TN May 26, 2013
Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA Oct. 15, 2014
Infinite Energy Center, Duluth, GA July 13, 2017
DrivinFan
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 09:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
maccascruff wrote:
DrivinFan wrote:
HaileyMcComet wrote:

Agreed. If I had gotten up there once, I would never bring another sign. So far I'm 0 for 3. Crying or Very sad

Guess you never heard stories where people win the lottery twice??
Nancy R
On A Strange Vacation

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 03:49 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrivinFan wrote:
Nancy R wrote:
maccascruff wrote:
DrivinFan wrote:
HaileyMcComet wrote:

Guess you never heard stories where people win the lottery twice??

Of course I have. That doesn't make it fair. Getting called up on stage with Paul is a totally different situation than having a lottery of all those wanting to meet him and he picks your number out of a bag or something! Rolling Eyes
DrivinFan
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 03:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
Getting called up on stage with Paul is a totally different situation than having a lottery of all those wanting to meet him and he picks your number out of a bag or something!

Having your lottery ticket "drawn by the system", in my opinion is no different than having your sign "picked by Paul".
I guess we agree to disagree...
Nancy R
On A Strange Vacation

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 04:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrivinFan wrote:
Nancy R wrote:
Getting called up on stage with Paul is a totally different situation than having a lottery of all those wanting to meet him and he picks your number out of a bag or something!

Having your lottery ticket "drawn by the system", in my opinion is no different than having your sign "picked by Paul".

A lottery is "anonymous" and would be totally fair. It would be highly unlikely for someone to be picked twice that way out of the thousands of ticket entries. My point was that if you made a sign once and were picked, don't make another sign at subsequent concerts. Give other people a chance.
nobodytoldme
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 04:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, even the most spontaneous moments are being completely exploited.

"Score VIP tickets to Paul McCartney’s show at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center

Join Paul (aka, one of music’s most iconic artists ever) on stage during sound check and sing “Get Back” with him

Get flown out to NY and put up in a 4-star hotel"

https://www.omaze.com/experiences/paul-mccartney-get-back
2012 R'dam + Antwerp
2015 L'pool + A'dam x 2
2016 Vancouver
LadyLeslie
Spinning Round and Round

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 04:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
DrivinFan wrote:
Nancy R wrote:

A lottery is "anonymous" and would be totally fair. It would be highly unlikely for someone to be picked twice that way out of the thousands of ticket entries. My point was that if you made a sign once and were picked, don't make another sign at subsequent concerts. Give other people a chance.

While I feel Paul and his staff have the right to choose whomever they want to go onstage, and I'm happy for anyone who's had that opportunity, the idea of having a contest or lottery for each show isn't a bad one.

Perhaps a large rotating basket with 15,000 pieces of paper (for every seat number Laughing ) could be wheeled onstage, and Paul could draw 2-4 seat numbers... whoever wins gets to be onstage for a few moments... or if he chooses to draw a few more, people could get second prize autographed copies of his latest CD or something.... people would have to show their ticket stubs of course in order to claim they've won... just an idea, but not sure how feasible that would be. Smile (Thought paper would work more easily than ping pong balls Laughing )

*Macca, Makin' the world a little better since 1942*
thenightfish
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 04:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobodytoldme wrote:

Join Paul (aka, one of music’s most iconic artists ever) on stage during sound check and sing “Get Back” with him

That's pretty interesting. He never does Get Back during soundcheck. Laughing It says this will happen on Sept. 21, the 2nd of the two Brooklyn shows. Also interesting because the on-stage thing seems to be a substitute for a meet & greet.
LadyLeslie
Spinning Round and Round

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 04:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobodytoldme wrote:

Have you seen this?
https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/meet-sir-paul-mccartney-enjoy-dinner-backstage-with-2-1355401

Looks like this contest, to see Sir Paul before Madison Sq Garden Show, is up to $37,000 now.

Last edited by LadyLeslie on 08-22-2017 05:09 PM; edited 1 time in total
oobu24
In Another World

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 05:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyLeslie wrote:
nobodytoldme wrote:

Have you seen this?
https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/meet-sir-paul-mccartney-enjoy-dinner-backstage-with-2-1355401

Looks like this contest, to attend an after-party where Sir Paul will be (after Madison Sq Garden Show), is up to $37,000 now.

It does not say that Paul will be at the party. It's actually at 6:30 before the show. It says to enjoy dinner with the crew & band.
"You will also have the opportunity to join the crew and band party backstage for a catered dinner (opening at approximately 6:30pm)."

AND "Travel and accommodations are not included." Shocked
LadyLeslie
Spinning Round and Round

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 05:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

oobu24 wrote:
LadyLeslie wrote:
nobodytoldme wrote:

Have you seen this?

Looks like this contest, to attend an after-party where Sir Paul will be (after Madison Sq Garden Show), is up to $37,000 now.

It does not say that Paul will be at the party. It's actually at 6:30 before the show. It says to enjoy dinner with the crew & band.
"You will also have the opportunity to join the crew and band party backstage for a catered dinner (opening at approximately 6:30pm)."

Thanks, Oobu, have edited to correct it's before the show. It's a meet and greet.

Quote:
You and a guest will meet Sir Paul McCartney before his show with two premier concert seating tickets on Friday, September 15th at Madison Square Garden!

oobu24
In Another World

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 06:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyLeslie wrote:
oobu24 wrote:
LadyLeslie wrote:
nobodytoldme wrote:

Have you seen this?

"You will also have the opportunity to join the crew and band party backstage for a catered dinner (opening at approximately 6:30pm). "

Thanks, Oobu, have edited to correct it's before the show. It's a meet and greet.

Quote:
You and a guest will meet Sir Paul McCartney before his show with two premier concert seating tickets on Friday, September 15th at Madison Square Garden!

That's odd that my quote of what you originally said changed. Confused A mod must have intervened.

edit to add...OMG now it's up to $55,000.00. Shocked Nancy quit bidding! Laughing Wink

and...Travel and accommodations are not included.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> ROCK SHOW All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: