paulmccartney.com Forum Index
Login
Register
Search
FAQ
Website

Paul's new album and promotion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> NOT SUCH A BAD BOY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatles4Ever&Ever
A Wonderful Sight

PostPosted: 08-07-2017 01:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankeefan7 wrote:
Martin Luther wrote:
I think part of the problem is so many are just plain dismissive of Paul's solo work beyond his big radio hits. I have a friend who was a teen during Beatlemania and considers himself a big Paul fan. It was after he trashed Paul's solo work that I realized he's only a fan of Beatle-Paul. This guy hasn't heard anything beyond BOTR. Not Flaming, Flowers, or Chaos. I offered him all my CDs, he wouldn't even give it a try. I think there are a lot of people out there like him who just decided Paul's music stinks without having really listened to him. Those are the fans Paul is playing to. Not us. I would gladly pay to hear him play nothing but his music from the last 20 years.

Unfortunately Mr. McCartney only has himself to blame. He never truly embraced his solo career live, he just does the required promote his current album thing in concert but little else. Once that album had been replaced, he basically forgot those songs ever existed in his shows. He also does not make the best choices for singles which does not help the public know his more recent songs. When he does media interviews on TV/Print he also lives way in the past too much and people don't hear enough about his current work.

Mr. McCartney has received good/very good critical reviews for his albums the last twenty years. BTW - Rolling Stone rated "New" the 3rd best album of that year. He has received Grammy nominations for album of the year three times in his solo career. (TOW, CHAOS, Flaming Pie). It would be nice if you could get your friend to read some of these reviews and maybe he would change his mind and give the music a chance.

....and people think that after the Beatles, he only did "Silly Love Songs." He wrote and sang the song and it was the No. 1 song of 1976, so people, in general, use his own words against him now...even if they have no idea.
yankeefan7
Make This Journey Last

PostPosted: 08-07-2017 10:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beatles4Ever&Ever wrote:
yankeefan7 wrote:
Martin Luther wrote:
I think part of the problem is so many are just plain dismissive of Paul's solo work beyond his big radio hits. I have a friend who was a teen during Beatlemania and considers himself a big Paul fan. It was after he trashed Paul's solo work that I realized he's only a fan of Beatle-Paul. This guy hasn't heard anything beyond BOTR. Not Flaming, Flowers, or Chaos. I offered him all my CDs, he wouldn't even give it a try. I think there are a lot of people out there like him who just decided Paul's music stinks without having really listened to him. Those are the fans Paul is playing to. Not us. I would gladly pay to hear him play nothing but his music from the last 20 years.

Unfortunately Mr. McCartney only has himself to blame. He never truly embraced his solo career live, he just does the required promote his current album thing in concert but little else. Once that album had been replaced, he basically forgot those songs ever existed in his shows. He also does not make the best choices for singles which does not help the public know his more recent songs. When he does media interviews on TV/Print he also lives way in the past too much and people don't hear enough about his current work.

Mr. McCartney has received good/very good critical reviews for his albums the last twenty years. BTW - Rolling Stone rated "New" the 3rd best album of that year. He has received Grammy nominations for album of the year three times in his solo career. (TOW, CHAOS, Flaming Pie). It would be nice if you could get your friend to read some of these reviews and maybe he would change his mind and give the music a chance.

....and people think that after the Beatles, he only did "Silly Love Songs." He wrote and sang the song and it was the No. 1 song of 1976, so people, in general, use his own words against him now...even if they have no idea.

Have you ever noticed that two of the post Beatle songs (Silly Love Songs & Ebony And Ivory) people seem to love to trash were huge #1 hits - lol.
yankeefan7
Make This Journey Last

PostPosted: 08-07-2017 10:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

B J Conlee wrote:
yankeefan7 wrote:
Martin Luther wrote:

I also have a very good friend (in his later 50's) who is exactly like the first post above describes. He is a massive Beatle and Beatle Paul fan (and the earlier Wings' hits) but doesn't give any of Paul Solo albums a try at all. I think that is the overwhelming majority of boomers attending Paul concerts these days (at least in the US). And for the most part, that is the majority of Paul's Setlists.

I also 100% agree with what Yankeefan says. Paul is his worse enemy whether involving his Setlists since 2002 or his interviews. His interviews never talk about any of his very good solo albums or solo eras. They totally focus on the Beatle years where you mainly hear the same stories (much like his "live" shows).

Paul is his worse enemy because he can control the interviews to a large degree. For example, when the great George Martin passed away, Paul has and still only talks about the Beatle years with Mr. Martin. He could certainly tell any interviewer (even beforehand) that he wants to speak about his years with George as his Producer during the great Tug of War period. Even if the interviewer doesn't mention a Solo period, Paul can change the discussion point to reflect at least some of his great Post Beatle and Wings' work..

To me and from Macca's own point of view, this Beatles' obsession only hurts his overall legacy. You would think his own kids (who grew up with Paul's Solo material) would be telling him to talk more about his great "Solo" eras.

Excellent point about George Martin BJ. You never hear McCartney talk about him producing TOW which BTW was a #1 selling album with two hit singles (Ebony And Ivory & Take It Away). My goodness, George Martin even appeared on the "Take It Away" video.

We all know that when you go on interviews, they will ask you what you want to talk about. Wouldn't it have been great if McCartney said I have been talking about the Beatles for over 50 years and would like to discuss my solo work - lol.
5th-beatle
Make This Journey Last

PostPosted: 08-07-2017 10:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca84 wrote:
Why has this thread devolved into yet another set list argument?

And yes, I know I derailed it a few days ago on politics, lol.

I hope it will be released in October, as rumored. If so, we should hear news anytime now.
2013 Brazil(3x)
2014 Uruguay/Chile(2x)/Peru/Ecuador/Brazil(5x)
2015 England(2x)/Holland(2x)/France
2016 Argentina(3x)
2017 Brazil(3x)
yankeefan7
Make This Journey Last

PostPosted: 08-08-2017 12:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

5th-beatle wrote:
Macca84 wrote:

I hope it will be released in October, as rumored. If so, we should hear news anytime now.

That would be great, the sooner the better IMO.
MetalGod
Spinning Round and Round

PostPosted: 08-08-2017 07:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say bring it!!!! Hoping of a late October - mid November release. Its been 4 longs years since a new album.

Ringo:
3.1.1999/ 6.11.2000 / 8.7.2003 /6.16.2006 /7.11.2008
7.23.2010 / 7.8.2012 / 6.27.2014 / 6.23.2016

http://2legspodcast.podbean.com/
HaileyMcComet
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 08-10-2017 11:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca84 wrote:

For the same reason they all do.
5th-beatle
Make This Journey Last

PostPosted: 08-15-2017 01:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The info below comes from a member at the Steve Hoffman Forums:

"I can tell you that I heard an interview with Denny Seiwell on Sirius XM's "Fab Forum" and he said he heard two new tracks from Paul's upcoming album.
1- Brazil - Nice sounding, but not Brazilian type music.
2- I don't want to know - Ringo on Drums!!! Very beatly, sounded great"
2013 Brazil(3x)
2014 Uruguay/Chile(2x)/Peru/Ecuador/Brazil(5x)
2015 England(2x)/Holland(2x)/France
2016 Argentina(3x)
2017 Brazil(3x)
favoritething
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 11:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul's tweeting out clues again. It's getting close...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulMcCartney/status/899346747956371456/video/1
favoritething
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 11:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best guess is that the new album is called "No". Smile
LadyLeslie
Let Me Roll It To You

PostPosted: 08-21-2017 11:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

favoritething wrote:
My best guess is that the new album is called "No". Smile

Hmm... from the twitter post, looks like it could be called "Seven Days a Week" Laughing

*Macca, Makin' the world a little better since 1942*
Steffen72
Shining In On You

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 05:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe no should bei Seen as know Hence a Hint for 'I dont know' our next monday....On Sunday Paul goes happy to bed looking fwd to something next day? Single Release?
favoritething
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 10:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steffen72 wrote:
Maybe no should bei Seen as know Hence a Hint for 'I dont know' our next monday....On Sunday Paul goes happy to bed looking fwd to something next day? Single Release?

Hmm, maybe we'll "hear" the new single next Sunday night? The clip ends with "to hear" on Sunday.
nobodytoldme
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 10:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just the PR team being hip with a "meme". It's about the images, a mood for every day of the week, sound completely unrelated.
2012 R'dam + Antwerp
2015 L'pool + A'dam x 2
2016 Vancouver
Sgt._Pepper
In The Middle Of Something

PostPosted: 08-22-2017 05:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobodytoldme wrote:
This is just the PR team being hip with a "meme". It's about the images, a mood for every day of the week, sound completely unrelated.

I agree. I think it's people reading a bit too much into it.
'12- Vancouver
'13- Seattle, JKL
'14- L.A., Phoenix, S.F., San Diego
'15- Lollapalooza
'16- Fresno, Desert Trip (x2)
'17- Syracuse, Uniondale (Night 2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> NOT SUCH A BAD BOY All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: