paulmccartney.com Forum Index
Login
Register
Search
FAQ
Website

Paul McCartney's 40 Greatest Solo Songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> THE BROADCAST
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill813
In The Audience

PostPosted: 09-13-2017 04:41 PM    Post subject: Paul McCartney's 40 Greatest Solo Songs Reply with quote

According to Rolling Stone magazine - http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/paul-mccartneys-40-greatest-solo-songs-w493547

The first thing that leaps out is how criminally underrated "Mull of Kintyre" is on this list. #37? RS ranks "The Back Seat of My Car," "Angry" amongst many others higher than that.

2/3 of the list, 27 songs in all were recorded in the 70s.
MCI, DC 04-23-02
Atlantic City 09-28-02
MCI, DC 10-08-05
FEDEX, MD 08-01-09
Nationals Park, DC 07-12-13
Verizon, DC 08-09-16
Bruce M.
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 09-17-2017 03:08 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lists like this are so subjective it's not worth arguing over. Personally, I find some of the choices -- and the order --pretty bizarre, but I'm okay with "Maybe I'm Amazed" as #1.

--Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
B J Conlee
A Wonderful Sight

PostPosted: 09-17-2017 02:08 PM    Post subject: Rolling Stones' top 40 Paul Post Beatles' Songs Reply with quote

Just saw this pop up on the Internet. Assume that this is a new one.

It was 3 writers that did the compilation but they definitely started off on the wrong foot. They called Maybe I'm Amazed..."Baby I'm Amazed". The article lost all credibility for me right from the start.

Still wondered what others may feel about their list. Maybe someone can post the actual article here.

My biggest criticism as usual is that so many great songs from Tug of War onward was missing. They of course had many of the predictable one (the bigger hits) and most of those were justified. Still there were many that were listed but not as the level of the Solo songs I think are vastly superior.

I replied back and gave them an alternative 40 list that I said was as good or even a little better. If you see the article, you will see me listed in the "Replys" section at the end of the article.
beatlesfanrandy
Like A Diamond In The Light

PostPosted: 09-17-2017 04:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the list was well written, the short reviews hit the nail on the head so to speak. But to see Four Five Seconds on this list of Paul's "40 Greatest Songs" is ridiculous, especially while acknowledging he's barely on it. I have to roll my eyes at that one. Rolling Eyes Laughing
US Tour SanJose'05
The Joint LasVegas'09
Up & Coming Hollywood Bowl'10
The Night That Changed America CBS taping
Out There-Dodger Stadium LA & Petco Park SD-2014
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> THE BROADCAST All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: