paulmccartney.com Forum Index
Login
Register
Search
FAQ
Website
   
I LOVE POEMS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE DOING?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HaileyMcComet
I Can Wait Another Day


Joined: 02 Dec 2014
Posts: 3483
Location: Hong Kong

PostPosted: 06-23-2016 01:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4-45years wrote:
This is the LAST poem I thought they would have chosen out of the five submitted. It is actually centered in the book, which is supposed to make it look like a menu.

Humble Pie Caf�
Open 24/7

Today�s Breakfast Special
$ Owning up

scrambled
eggs

jam on
toast

buttered
grits

dose of
crow*

*No Meat Substitutions

Published in The Great American Wise Ass Poetry Anthology, Lamar University Press, February 2016.

Genesis' Aisle of Plenty is basically a grocery list. Art can be anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fan4-45years
Talking Perfectly Loud


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5445
Location: USA

PostPosted: 06-23-2016 02:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you (I think, can't remember that part) Very Happy
_________________
Atlanta, GA, Omni, George Harrison, Thanksgiving 1974
Atlanta, GA, Paul and Linda McCartney, May 1, 1993
Missoula, MT, (sound check), Paul McCartney, August 5, 2014
Cleveland, OH, Ringo's Rock Hall Induction, April 18, 2015
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HaileyMcComet
I Can Wait Another Day


Joined: 02 Dec 2014
Posts: 3483
Location: Hong Kong

PostPosted: 06-26-2016 02:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTS_NZOIlg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 09-07-2016 01:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4-45years wrote:
This is the LAST poem I thought they would have chosen out of the five submitted. It is actually centered in the book, which is supposed to make it look like a menu.

Humble Pie Caf�
Open 24/7

Today�s Breakfast Special
$ Owning up

scrambled
eggs

jam on
toast

buttered
grits

dose of
crow*

*No Meat Substitutions

Published in The Great American Wise Ass Poetry Anthology, Lamar University Press, February 2016.
Congratulations on you publishing! I like the dose of crow...

Listened to the Aisle of Plenty too!!! They still have the Fairy soaps over there too!
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fan4-45years
Talking Perfectly Loud


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5445
Location: USA

PostPosted: 09-07-2016 11:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Love2Travel! Have had four or five published since then and some coming up in October, but it's always nice.

Here's one I'd forgotten about that was in a book of poems that I bought recently. One of my favs:
Here’s to the crazy ones . . . by Rob Siltanen & Ken Segall

Here’s to the crazy ones…

The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They are not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.

And though some may see them as the crazy ones,
we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world
are the ones who do it.

Apple Computer
“Think Different” ad campaign, 1997
_________________
Atlanta, GA, Omni, George Harrison, Thanksgiving 1974
Atlanta, GA, Paul and Linda McCartney, May 1, 1993
Missoula, MT, (sound check), Paul McCartney, August 5, 2014
Cleveland, OH, Ringo's Rock Hall Induction, April 18, 2015
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 09-07-2016 01:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4-45years wrote:
Thanks Love2Travel! Have had four or five published since then and some coming up in October, but it's always nice.

Here's one I'd forgotten about that was in a book of poems that I bought recently. One of my favs:
Here’s to the crazy ones . . . by Rob Siltanen & Ken Segall

Here’s to the crazy ones…

The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They are not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.

You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They push the human race forward.

And though some may see them as the crazy ones,
we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world
are the ones who do it.

Apple Computer
“Think Different” ad campaign, 1997
That's a really good one!!! Thanks for sharing it Cool

Here's to all the people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world!!!
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HaileyMcComet
I Can Wait Another Day


Joined: 02 Dec 2014
Posts: 3483
Location: Hong Kong

PostPosted: 09-07-2016 02:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without crazy artists, all of our art would come from corporations that care more about profit than art.



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fan4-45years
Talking Perfectly Loud


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5445
Location: USA

PostPosted: 09-07-2016 02:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

here, here! Thumbs up Mr. Green
_________________
Atlanta, GA, Omni, George Harrison, Thanksgiving 1974
Atlanta, GA, Paul and Linda McCartney, May 1, 1993
Missoula, MT, (sound check), Paul McCartney, August 5, 2014
Cleveland, OH, Ringo's Rock Hall Induction, April 18, 2015
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fan4-45years
Talking Perfectly Loud


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5445
Location: USA

PostPosted: 11-24-2016 12:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest in brand new book to be given away to children in area hospitals during the holidays: https://www.amazon.com/Words-Other-Things-Street-Poetry/dp/1540381579/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1479990805&sr=1-1&keywords=brick+street+poetry

This is centered in the book:

Breakfast Dance
Dedicated to Cupcake

persnickety schnauzer
sniffs, circles, investigates

scrutinizes, procrastinates
eating her food.

she wants a treat

but first must eat
breakfast in her bowl.
_________________
Atlanta, GA, Omni, George Harrison, Thanksgiving 1974
Atlanta, GA, Paul and Linda McCartney, May 1, 1993
Missoula, MT, (sound check), Paul McCartney, August 5, 2014
Cleveland, OH, Ringo's Rock Hall Induction, April 18, 2015
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 11-24-2016 02:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4-45years wrote:
My latest in brand new book to be given away to children in area hospitals during the holidays: https://www.amazon.com/Words-Other-Things-Street-Poetry/dp/1540381579/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1479990805&sr=1-1&keywords=brick+street+poetry

This is centered in the book:

Breakfast Dance
Dedicated to Cupcake

persnickety schnauzer
sniffs, circles, investigates

scrutinizes, procrastinates
eating her food.

she wants a treat

but first must eat
breakfast in her bowl.
I love this one Fan4... Cool Just read the ones in the book, on Amazon and I'm going to purchase the book!! Very Happy
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fan4-45years
Talking Perfectly Loud


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5445
Location: USA

PostPosted: 11-24-2016 06:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! I get my book at the reading next week. It should be a good one. Lots of talented poets' work in there. ❤️ Please let me know what you think!
_________________
Atlanta, GA, Omni, George Harrison, Thanksgiving 1974
Atlanta, GA, Paul and Linda McCartney, May 1, 1993
Missoula, MT, (sound check), Paul McCartney, August 5, 2014
Cleveland, OH, Ringo's Rock Hall Induction, April 18, 2015
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
love2travel
Whisper Words Of Wisdom


Joined: 14 May 2008
Posts: 15494
Location: Land of Love and Peace, Healing and Understanding, Let It Be in 2017 <3

PostPosted: 11-25-2016 01:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I will definitely let you know

Thankful for the company of Friends and Family
Happy for another year
Appreciative for the support
Nurturing Nonviolent Expressions of Caring
Kisses and hugs all around
Smiling Satisfied faces at the Dessert Table
Gratitude for the Love
Inner Peace and Kindness
Variety of delicious foods
Incredible Inspiration and Imagination
Neighbors Like Family
Grateful For this day of Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving... Group hugs
_________________
Joy to the World - Peace on Earth - We are all ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hey_kittay
In A Philosophical Discussion


Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10726

PostPosted: 11-26-2016 12:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ uplifting reading the posts above.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fan4-45years
Talking Perfectly Loud


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5445
Location: USA

PostPosted: 12-07-2016 05:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey_kittay wrote:
^^ uplifting reading the posts above.

You made me smile.
_________________
Atlanta, GA, Omni, George Harrison, Thanksgiving 1974
Atlanta, GA, Paul and Linda McCartney, May 1, 1993
Missoula, MT, (sound check), Paul McCartney, August 5, 2014
Cleveland, OH, Ringo's Rock Hall Induction, April 18, 2015
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hey_kittay
In A Philosophical Discussion


Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10726

PostPosted: 12-14-2016 06:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4-45years wrote:
hey_kittay wrote:
^^ uplifting reading the posts above.

You made me smile.


Glad I do. 😊

This isn't really a poem, but a thought I jotted down

"Liberation of the Butterfly"

I remember what I was told to forget.
Now I know what they meant by, "you don't know?"

They could not tell me.
I had to do the work myself.

I have reached the buried memory.
I will use this knowledge and my Life to make the World a better place.

Something I could not do until now.

Thank you. 💕🦋🌹
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> WHAT'S THAT YOU'RE DOING? All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


©2007 PaulMcCartney.com All Rights Reserved | Templating ©2007 HighlandFox.com | Powered by phpBB ©2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Site Hosted By: devstars.com


Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations: 265228