paulmccartney.com Forum Index
Login
Register
Search
FAQ
Website

Linda McCartney foods in North America
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> COSMICALLY CONSCIOUS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see "Linda McCartney Foods" in North America (mainly the USA and Canada)?
A. Yes
95%
 95%  [ 22 ]
B. No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

Mr. Spock

PostPosted: 05-08-2011 03:26 AM    Post subject: Linda McCartney foods in North America Reply with quote

I'm a macca fan who's very proud of Paul's political involvement in the world. Climate Change is (at least in my opinion) the biggest non-immediate problem in the world. This could actually wipe out our entire race (assuming we don't branch out to the moon and mars) if we do nothing. Paul realized this and used his super-stardom to start a campaign called Meat Free Monday which promotes just that. I'm sure 99.9% of you already know this and about the success the campaign has had, but it's message really resonated with me. Reason being that it's so simple! It's something everyone could do and it also benefits everyone. So I decided to join the campaign and partake in it's message and spreading it. Now, to be honest, I'm still not a vegetarian but since the start of the MFM campaign I'm proud to say that I have significantly reduced my meat intake. (I'm still working on lowering it to a less amount each year but that's a different story.)

Anyway, I love it when such well established people, like the former Beatles, use their resources to bring about something good. Paul has done that with MFM. He not only gave them a website, got some of his Celebrity friends to join in and support, sent letters to world leaders, (etc) but also used his own family owned business (Linda McCartney foods) to further the message by making it so simple that we don't even have to think about what we should eat on Mondays... The problem is that this only works if you live in the UK, Ireland, and/or Australia. I believe that, strategically, it would be more beneficial to both Linda McCartney Foods and MFM if he expands the LMF products to Canada and the US because they are both G8 members, mostly English speaking (meaning no need to translate the box content), and he remains popular and active in both (including his typically generous choice of tour dates for each). Also, there is a demand for LMF products in each.

Although MFM and LMF have each seen much growth in the last few years, I feel that they could each grow tremendously more if they branched out to the US and Canada. I feel that it would be even more efficient if in each box they included a pamphlet with information on MFM so that as the meals are sold, so does awareness of MFM. Due to the fact that sometimes it may require a "push", shall we say, for the obvious to get done in Beatles, Wings, &/or Macca affairs (etc.) I purpose, right here and right now, that all those North Americans who support the idea to:
1. post about it here and/or
2. send an Email to "stockists@lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk" with the subject being "I would like to see Linda McCartney products in my region" and then write that you are from either the United States or Canada. Please don't write cities, here's why: they will pick where they want to launch LMF products in each country, and if it does well in each then they will expand their line of products to other cities. Once they officially begin distributing LMF products in each then you should proceed and mention what city you reside in.

Remember there's strength in numbers (especially when they're organized). Therefore, I urge you to send that simple and quick Email as soon as you read this. As a last note, when you're writing the actual email try to add a deep meaning about spreading vegetarianism and also mention Meat Free Monday as carrying on the Message of Linda McCartney. *Also keep in mind that Linda was born and raised in the United States, I find it ironic that her own food line isn't [yet] available there. Confused

Thank you for your attention and concern,
Mr. Spock Smile

Last edited by Mr. Spock on 07-18-2011 05:07 PM; edited 1 time in total
Clarabella
It's A Tug Of War

PostPosted: 05-17-2011 05:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely said Mr. Spock Very Happy

I would very much like to see those foods at my local supermarket. Wink
Mr. Spock

PostPosted: 05-30-2011 06:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarabella wrote:
Very nicely said Mr. Spock Very Happy

I would very much like to see those foods at my local supermarket. Wink

Thank you, Clarabella. I, too, would like to see LMF's at my supermarket. Wink

Last edited by Mr. Spock on 08-15-2011 04:30 PM; edited 1 time in total
fab4 9647
Shining In On You

PostPosted: 07-17-2011 10:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see linda McCartney foods at kroger and places like that all we have down here is morrning star wich is a bit expencive at like $6 for one box of stuff Sad wich might only contane 5 veggie prouducts in side while LMF has these meals all redy with other foods insted of morrning star wich you have to buy 2 to 3 boxes tho have a complet dinner Exclamation would relly love for LMF to be in my super market In love
RAM
ON"
Audley's Piano
In The Audience

PostPosted: 08-15-2011 07:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, but LMFs were in fact available at the Los Angeles area Ralphs Supermarkets in the *I think* late 80's or early 90's and was discontinued.

I've often wondered why Sir Paul hasn't opened a vegetarian restaurant using five-star chefs; a tour-de-force with a pizza and a pineapple heart. Some kind of a knock-out spot in London or in the Hollywood area? It could be like a Hard Rock Cafe with a difference.

Or did I miss it?
Mr. Spock

PostPosted: 08-15-2011 05:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audley's Piano wrote:
Aye, but LMFs were in fact available at the Los Angeles area Ralphs Supermarkets in the *I think* late 80's or early 90's and was discontinued.

I've often wondered why Sir Paul hasn't opened a vegetarian restaurant using five-star chefs; a tour-de-force with a pizza and a pineapple heart. Some kind of a knock-out spot in London or in the Hollywood area? It could be like a Hard Rock Cafe with a difference.

Or did I miss it?

I would love to see a restaurant like that!

As to LMFs in the US during the '80s-'90s, lucky for us the vegetarian population and market have both skyrocketed since then... This would make it feasible and even profitable to return to North America Smile
Audley's Piano
In The Audience

PostPosted: 08-16-2011 05:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible. The Loma Linda brands were stocked throughout the 1970's but were also discontinued by the mid 90's.
But with the rise in popularity of Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes and other newer chains, I see Ralphs (Krogers in California) is once again carrying Loma Linda.
The LMFs might work out if sold at Whole Foods or Trader Joes, and especially if updated to a tie-in with the suggested restaurant(s).

Back in the 1970's I was pretty much dependent on Loma Linda Vegi-Burger (vegan) and Morningstar Farms Ham Slices (used eggs) and for a short time in mid-late 1970's General Foods offered Leanies (great tasting vegi-dogs) and the best branded vegi-bacon I've ever had.

The "Ham Slices" were pulled for no apparent reason while the GF vegies failed to catch on.

And is it necessary to cut or exclude necessary (vegetable) fats, oils and salts from vegi food?
It's a paradox because, for instance, Morningstar Farms replaces fats and salts with artificial Phosphates, or have in the past, something that my kidneys and stomach will not put up with.
And I think the fats, oils and salts go a long way to creating authentic-tasting meat substitutes, so is vegetarianism an animals issue or is it a health food issue, and if the latter be the case, then why load vegi food with additives?
Audley's Piano
In The Audience

PostPosted: 08-16-2011 05:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see LMF is manufactured by Hain Celestial Group while the family maintains quality control.

Hain makes perhaps the finest vegi Brown Gravy Mix, essential for giving vegi-burgers and faux beef stews authenticity, and I would probably use it on a bean burrito and definitely in tacos.
I hope they haven't changed their recipe as I haven't used it in awhile.

http://hainpurefoods.elsstore.com/view/category/2229-home-page-name/?items_page=100
year40
It's A Tug Of War

PostPosted: 09-12-2011 05:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Linda's products where in the stores in the US. There were even coupons in the Sunday newspapers... Whole Foods should carry the whole line.

1976 Kansas City | 1990 Berkeley | 2002 Portland | 2005 Portland | 2013 Seattle | Finito
maccalindandme
A Wonderful Sight

PostPosted: 10-13-2011 06:06 PM    Post subject: Petition to get Linda's Food Back? is that Allowed?? Reply with quote

I remember that as well, when Whole Foods carried A Lot of Linda's line!
I have been asking the managers here, in Colorado to try and get it ordered!
once I called Mr Trevorharm(Linda's former Line Manager) to make it available here in USA, In my home town, and he did, but soon left the Whole Foods Market!!! Sad I am Not Happy about that one bit! Sad
why can't they have it here for me, and others who LOVE LINDA's FOOD LINE! there relly is No excuse not to make it available here!!!!!
if they have the Money, then USA has the time for you!
were all waiting here to Spend our Hard earned Money ON anything LINDA!
why can't the money go for a Linda Cause anyway? or is that not available either?? shall we GET A PETTION STARTED???
how do you start a petition on line? Smile
no matter where I serve my guests, they seam to like my kichen best, I'm, your cook of the house" Paul, "my love I send to you, from me, to lift and set your spirit free, to be anything you want to be" this I send to you from lilly-ole me
Mr. Spock

PostPosted: 10-14-2011 01:03 AM    Post subject: Re: Petition to get Linda's Food Back? is that Allowed?? Reply with quote

maccalindandme wrote:
why can't they have it here for me, and others who LOVE LINDA's FOOD LINE! there relly is No excuse not to make it available here!!!!!
if they have the Money, then USA has the time for you!
were all waiting here to Spend our Hard earned Money ON anything LINDA!
why can't the money go for a Linda Cause anyway? or is that not available either?? shall we GET A PETTION STARTED???
how do you start a petition on line? Smile

Hello maccalindandme,

I completely share your enthusiasm and agree with your reasoning. While I know there are many petition-making websites out there; to be honest, I am not well versed in actually starting my own. For that reason I wanted to start a more direct coarse of affirmative action by creating this thread (and a mirror thread on "Not Such A Bad Boy" ) with instructions on how to email the people at Linda McCartney Foods. This can all be found on my first post on this thread. Here is a sample of it:
Mr. Spock wrote:
I purpose, right here and right now, that all those North Americans who support the idea to:
1. post about it here and
2. send an Email to "stockists@lindamccartneyfoods.co.uk" with the subject being "I would like to see Linda McCartney products in my region" and then write that you are from either the United States or Canada. Please don't write cities, here's why: they will pick where they want to launch LMF products in each country, and if it does well in each then they will expand their line of products to other cities. Once they officially begin distributing LMF products in each then you should proceed and mention what city you reside in.

Remember there's strength in numbers (especially when they're organized). Therefore, I urge you to send that simple and quick Email as soon as you read this. As a last note, when you're writing the actual email try to add a deep meaning about spreading vegetarianism and also mention Meat Free Monday as carrying on the Message of Linda McCartney. *Also keep in mind that Linda was born and raised in the United States, I find it ironic that her own food line isn't [yet] available there...

As a fan of Linda and the MFM Campaign, I encourage all those of you who want to get your voice heard on this issue to follow those simple steps. Thank you. Smile

Kind regards,
Mr. Spock
Audley's Piano
In The Audience

PostPosted: 10-16-2011 10:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking around the Net, LMF is not available for online purchase, probably because it is a line of frozen foods.

Now if the company could offer something like Knorr/Lipton dry side dishes that come in an envelope with noodles or rice, or a canned vegi-chili, or a casserole or skillet casserole box kit containing the sauces and veggies in one or two cans alongside the dry pasta or rice like a complete Hamburger Helper
sans animal products, or a vegi Rice-a-Roni using the Haines vegi Brown Gravy or faux Chicken Gravy with possible Asian, Mexican, Spanish or Hawaiian twists,

that form of products could be sold through amazon.com and other online outlets as one or more central sites covering the entire U.S. and points beyond. Amazon.com sells canned and dry foods online.
Audley's Piano
In The Audience

PostPosted: 10-16-2011 10:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hormel company sells a line of shelf-stable microwave meals that require no refrigeration and can be sold online.
I cannot vouch for the quality, but if this canning technique yields a reasonable quality result and can be packaged to be cooked in a steamer or something other than a microwave oven in addition to providing microwave directions, perhaps a boil-in-bag that is also microwavable, then this could be another option for the product line.
maccalindandme
A Wonderful Sight

PostPosted: 10-18-2011 04:06 AM    Post subject: Knorr uses MSG!!! No More MSG Please! Reply with quote

Audley's Piano wrote:
Looking around the Net, LMF is not available for online purchase, probably because it is a line of frozen foods.

Now if the company could offer something like Knorr/Lipton dry side dishes that come in an envelope with noodles or rice, or a canned vegi-chili, or a casserole or skillet casserole box kit containing the sauces and veggies in one or two cans alongside the dry pasta or rice like a complete Hamburger Helper
sans animal products, or a vegi Rice-a-Roni using the Haines vegi Brown Gravy or faux Chicken Gravy with possible Asian, Mexican, Spanish or Hawaiian twists,

that form of products could be sold through amazon.com and other online outlets as one or more central sites covering the entire U.S. and points beyond. Amazon.com sells canned and dry foods online.

I had to take back to the Market today the Knorr Package , because I forgot they use MSG!!!! why can't they stop Using MGS for criminelly sakes?? Monosodium Glutimate! for heavens sake, can'
t we have "CLEAN FOODS" in this age! I called this Company too! asked them why they USA MSG!! GEEZE!!! and NO GMO too!
no matter where I serve my guests, they seam to like my kichen best, I'm, your cook of the house" Paul, "my love I send to you, from me, to lift and set your spirit free, to be anything you want to be" this I send to you from lilly-ole me
Audley's Piano
In The Audience

PostPosted: 10-20-2011 12:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you know I don't mean the same ingredients as Knorr, else we might end up eating McCartney's Ox Tails with Hunter Sauce!
I am curious if there are any LMF recipes that could be packaged dry or in cans?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> COSMICALLY CONSCIOUS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: