View previous topic :: View next topic  
audi
Go Ahead Have A Vision

PostPosted: 05-22-2016 05:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up
bentleysmama
It's A Tug Of War

PostPosted: 05-22-2016 09:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never forget a Soundcheck a couple years ago, The Mother had her kids hold up signs the entire time . Cute kids,but you could see they weren't to thrilled with standing there for an hour,trying to get Pauls attention for Mom. From my view he never noticed them . Mom wasn't happy. It's all about getting that younger fan up there now,forget the ones that have been with him since the beginning. The signs haven't even been clever this year - that have been picked - & I'm tired of the repeat fans on stage too . Too many the past year. I guess we all need to spend the couple hours before the show to go up to any or all of Pauls team & act like you're best friends with them .
moptops
Talking Perfectly Loud

PostPosted: 05-22-2016 11:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's a thrill for the folks on the stage. For everybody else it's a pain (only a dullard would enjoy watching folks with Paul), it just sucks the oxygen right out of the place, and makes a rock concert a touch "Brady Bunch."

I have met Paul but the stage is the last place I would want to be.

What's needed is for Brian to wield his axe at interlopers like Keith did in '81 or Rusty to assume the Elvis Presley arse kicking posture from the Las Vegas Hilton.
maccascruff
On A Strange Vacation

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 01:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nancy R wrote:
He should only call up people during soundcheck, if time permits, imo.

Thumbs up
All the weapons of war we despise
maccascruff
On A Strange Vacation

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 02:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elton did call a young kid on stage at a show I saw. It wasn't in Vegas. This kid was about 8 and knew the words to every song. Elton loves kids and noticed him. People in the audience had put the kid on their shoulders.

During I'm Still Standing, Elton grabbed the kid and pulled him on stage. Kid loved it and Elton seemed to truly enjoy it. No sign, just enthusiasm. Turns out the parents were several rows behind and adults had let the kid keep moving towards the front.

Kid even got to sit at the piano with Elton and sing. It was fun to watch.

I've seen Elton a few times and only seen fans on stage at the Vegas show other than this time.
All the weapons of war we despise
moptops
Talking Perfectly Loud

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 03:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

maccascruff wrote:
Elton did call a young kid on stage at a show I saw. It wasn't in Vegas. This kid was about 8 and knew the words to every song. Elton loves kids and noticed him. People in the audience had put the kid on their shoulders.

During I'm Still Standing, Elton grabbed the kid and pulled him on stage. Kid loved it and Elton seemed to truly enjoy it. No sign, just enthusiasm. Turns out the parents were several rows behind and adults had let the kid keep moving towards the front.

I've seen Elton a few times and only seen fans on stage at the Vegas show other than this time.

Nice story...and yet something slightly disturbing about that second paragraph.

Shocked Laughing
johnnymain
Watching The Show

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 08:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay money to see Paul McCartney and his band and not members of the audience on stage.

The fake wedding proposal at Liverpool last year was a total waste of time and severed no real purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the chance to meet Paul, but definitely not on stage in front of 40,000 people!

For the latest for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions, read http://metaltalk.net \m/
Junipergirl
Learn To Fly

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 01:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

audi wrote:

Again, if it's an actual cool thing, I'm good with it: Like the little girl who played bass on "Get Back" or the dudes who made the Abbey Road replica and got Paul to pose barefoot with them for a picture.

At the very least, the audience was still being entertained.

WOW! When did that happen? I'd love to see a pic of that Shocked
johnnymain
Watching The Show

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 02:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junipergirl wrote:
audi wrote:

Again, if it's an actual cool thing, I'm good with it: Like the little girl who played bass on "Get Back" or the dudes who made the Abbey Road replica and got Paul to pose barefoot with them for a picture.

It was on 17th May in Argentina:

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/05/18/watch-10-year-old-leila-jam-with-paul-mccartney-to-get-back/

For the latest for Daily Metal News, Reviews and Opinions, read http://metaltalk.net \m/
RMartinez
Floating Inside The Truth

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 02:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnymain wrote:
I pay money to see Paul McCartney and his band and not members of the audience on stage.

The fake wedding proposal at Liverpool last year was a total waste of time and severed no real purpose.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the chance to meet Paul, but definitely not on stage in front of 40,000 people!

I agree.

Kids are always cute in that kind of circumstance, which kind of makes it a cheap trick. Does he really need to do that?

I mean, fine. Ok. This is the part of the show where a cute kid comes on stage and jams, or dances, or sings, or whatever. Is that what his show is all about?

I know I know. "Martinez, if it was you, you wouldn't complain." But it isn't. And it excludes the other 15,000 people in the audience.

Now it has become part of the show. Bathroom break. I thought he was against those.
Boulder, CO '93
Denver '02
Las Vegas, NV '09
wannabeyourmonster
Learn To Fly

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 02:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnymain wrote:
Junipergirl wrote:
audi wrote:

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/05/18/watch-10-year-old-leila-jam-with-paul-mccartney-to-get-back/

I think they meant the other thing - Paul posing barefoot, and I would love to see the pic too.
nobodytoldme
I Can Wait Another Day

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 02:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannabeyourmonster wrote:
johnnymain wrote:
Junipergirl wrote:
audi wrote:

I think they meant the other thing - Paul posing barefoot, and I would love to see the pic too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkbmM2kDf8
2012 R'dam + Antwerp
2015 L'pool + A'dam x 2
2016 Vancouver
Thisbe211
Waiting For This Moment

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 03:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the barefoot pose was at a soundcheck. During the show, my least favorite part has always been when people from the audience get up on stage. And I don't believe Paul has anything to do with picking them; it's done by his "people" out in the audience. (Maybe once in a great while Paul has something to do with it, but I doubt it.)
thenightfish
A Peaceful Place

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 05:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

moptops wrote:
maccascruff wrote:

Nice story...and yet something slightly disturbing about that second paragraph.

Shocked Laughing

Yeah, some parents use their kids as "bait." Parents at Springsteen shows will try and get their kids moved up towards the stage in the GA pit so that Bruce will choose *their* child for the singalong during one particular song where he always pulls a kid on stage. Of course the parents always try to shove their way up close, also. Rolling Eyes

As to Paul's shows, the fans on stage can be funny or tedious, depending on who is up there and what they are asking Paul for (hug/signature/marriage/etc.). I think people look at it as their only chance to meet Paul, so they pour a lot of energy and hope into their signs and requests.
wannabeyourmonster
Learn To Fly

PostPosted: 05-23-2016 05:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobodytoldme wrote:
wannabeyourmonster wrote:
johnnymain wrote:
Junipergirl wrote:
audi wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkbmM2kDf8

thanks Smile
why is he barefooted though, isn't he dead? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    paulmccartney.com Forum Index -> ROCK SHOW All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: