Home

Thanks, Linda and Paul, for getting my soul back.

5 posts

Last post 14/06/2011

Original post

This is a big thank you to Linda and Paul. I've been a fan ever since the Sullivan show (although I was really hoping to see Topo Gigio).
      Lifelong musician (theinvadersband.com). My love of critters eventually led to a degree in veterinary medicine. I've always been concerned about welfare, whether shelters, farms or labs. Can't stand thought of an animal suffering.
      I thought I could fix one of the most egregious places on the planet: my alma mater, the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Boy, was I wrong. Listening to your music, and your words, and seeing your example gave me strength to do what I had to. Thanks, and the link is for you.

http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/2010/12/17/university-vet-quits-over-animal-care-concerns.aspx

God Bless ya, Paul!

You're a good man Jim. I don't understand how people can do such horrific things to animals.

Good luck, Jim Brown. The world needs more people like you in it.

Yes, the world needs more people like you. Keep up the good work.

I don't understand cruelty to animals either and I'm glad I don't because who would want that kind of warped mind.

I got my beautiful beagle from the Inhumane Society when she was a pup. She had been beaten and left on the streets. At least she had a fighting chance at the Inhumane Society. When I got her, she only had 3 days left before she was....well, you know.

As soon as I saw her, I knew I wanted her. The dog I grew up with died at the ripe old age of 17. I was always partial to beagles and I wanted a female dog. I was on the waiting list for over 2 years at several local shelters before a female beagle was available.

As soon as I saw her, I knew she was the right dog for me. She was the best pet I EVER had and for 3 years she was a pet therapy dog at a local nursing home. She lived to be 15. I will always love her.