Home

Press to Play

42 posts

Last post 01/02/2019

Posted by Nancy R

Pages

wingsoverkc wrote:

Yep, Press To Play is another one of my guilty pleasures, along with Red Rose Speedway.  Stranglehold and Only Love Remains are absolute masterpieces.  And of course, I love Talk More Talk and However Absurd; probably because they sound like they could easily fit on RAM.  And yes, I dig Press; if this single was released in 1975 it would have reach the Top 5 easily.  I remember being at at McCartney show in Tulsa, Oklahoma a few years ago and the crowd was screaming for Press, knowing of the line about their state in the song. 'Oklahoma was never like this!'

Hate to be a wise guy (lol) but do you think McCartney understood why they were calling for "Press"

Yankeefan2 wrote:

wingsoverkc wrote:

Yep, Press To Play is another one of my guilty pleasures, along with Red Rose Speedway.  Stranglehold and Only Love Remains are absolute masterpieces.  And of course, I love Talk More Talk and However Absurd; probably because they sound like they could easily fit on RAM.  And yes, I dig Press; if this single was released in 1975 it would have reach the Top 5 easily.  I remember being at at McCartney show in Tulsa, Oklahoma a few years ago and the crowd was screaming for Press, knowing of the line about their state in the song. 'Oklahoma was never like this!'

Hate to be a wise guy (lol) but do you think McCartney understood why they were calling for "Press"

Probably not! We know his songs better than he does! 😂

Pages