The Paul McCartney Picture Thread

5475 posts

Last post yesterday

Posted by NJR

Pages

Nope, I can't make it out.

oobu24 wrote:

Nope, I can't make it out.

Oh, well. I can see it even without zooming in. Best thing I ever did was get my cataracts removed and PanOptix intraocular lenses implanted - no more readers/glasses and perfect mid and far vision - so worth the extra $ I had to pay! (Medicare only pays for the standard intraocular lenses and you would still need readers with them) 

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

^ Wonder if Paul still had that bag (Linda's camera bag with her initials LLE on it) 

NJR wrote:

I think if you look closely, Paul is sitting on the ground at the left. 

You have a wonderful imagination Nancy but I can see what you mean by the 'figure' that's seemingly crouching down in the bottom left corner of the photo.

The photo is actually a screenshot from a video (shot by someone trespassing on Paul's property), which I can't post here here for privacy reasons. The mods would quickly remove it so I'll send a link to you privately. In the actual video what appears to be a white shirt (underneath the black tie) for example  is actually leaves of the shrub to the left. 

Kestrel wrote:

NJR wrote:

I think if you look closely, Paul is sitting on the ground at the left. 

You have a wonderful imagination Nancy but I can see what you mean by the 'figure' that's seemingly crouching down in the bottom left corner of the photo.

The photo is actually a screenshot from a video (shot by someone trespassing on Paul's property), which I can't post here here for privacy reasons. The mods would quickly remove it so I'll send a link to you privately. In the actual video what appears to be a white shirt (underneath the black tie) for example  is actually leaves of the shrub to the left. 

I see the leaves moving, but still see the optical illusion of a figure sitting there. It pans too quickly to the right to break the illusion. 

NJR wrote: 

I see the leaves moving, but still see the optical illusion of a figure sitting there. It pans too quickly to the right to break the illusion. 

I can see that optical illusion of a sitting figure too but only because you pointed it out. I'm not sure I would have noticed it otherwise. 

Courtesy of oobu24:  (with Jean Shrimpton, 1965) 

More from oobu24:

Here's one of Paul & Mal from May 1966 I'd never seen before. During filming of Paperback Writer/Rain. 

This photo of Paul from 1968 always made me wonder what he was thinking of back then? Obviously, if the photo was from the '70s it would be "WINGS!" 

"Oh, that I were a glove upon that hand that I might tough that..." 😂 (Apologies to Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet) 

Pages