Home

PETA slams Beyonce for Super Bowl costume

14 posts

Last post 13/02/2013

Original post

"...PETA is blasting the black leather-and-lace costume she wore during the Super Bowl halftime show, a custom bodysuit by designer Rubin Singer made, according to the designer, of "strips of engineered python, paneled iguana and trapunto/pick stitched leather."

"We would take a bet that if Beyonce watched our video exposes, she'd probably not want to be seen again in anything made of snakes, lizards, rabbits or other animals who died painfully," PETA says in a statement.

"Today's fashions are trending toward humane vegan options, and Beyonce's Super Bowl outfit missed the mark on that score." ..."

and in other news........

audi:

"...PETA is blasting the black leather-and-lace costume she wore during the Super Bowl halftime show, a custom bodysuit by designer Rubin Singer made, according to the designer, of "strips of engineered python, paneled iguana and trapunto/pick stitched leather."

"We would take a bet that if Beyonce watched our video exposes, she'd probably not want to be seen again in anything made of snakes, lizards, rabbits or other animals who died painfully," PETA says in a statement.

"Today's fashions are trending toward humane vegan options, and Beyonce's Super Bowl outfit missed the mark on that score." ..."

I know everyone loves Beyonce, but I must say I don't think
          she would give a darn about what happens to those animals.
          It looks like the designer could have made the same outfit with some type of spandex/rubber combination?

Just IMO..If it were an extinct animal or reptile it might be different.
            I think there are far too many snakes and alligators in this world as it is..
            they(snakes and alligators) wouldn't mind doing away with us, you know!

She can do what ever she wants & I wouldn't care at all what she wears...but at something like this she should have known better. Of course it could have been made out of different materials. It looks good & she looks good in it but what the heck? Really? Do you need to be in the news more?

: :

oh, she was wearing a costume made of sacrificed reptilian creatures.
                Okay...

hey_kittay:oh, she was wearing a costume made of sacrificed reptilian creatures.
                  Okay...

that's weird, right? yuk.

And the best shoes made are made of cow hides..right? :

oobu24: Really? Do you need to be in the news more?

: :

Not sure who I hate more.....Beyonce or PETA

liverpoolbride:Just IMO..If it were an extinct animal or reptile it might be different.
                          I think there are far too many snakes and alligators in this world as it is..
                          they(snakes and alligators) wouldn't mind doing away with us, you know!

You've got a point, there

Seems like all things that go around come around.....

Beyonce's publicist is cruising web-sites asking that images - esp fan images - be withdrawn from web-content.

It seems someone has noticed that, without the movement and music weaving it's magic, her images comes across more pole dancer than pop diva.

It's triggered a debate about how much she owns her image once it's out there.

I can understand her (and SuperBowl) having rights over professional photographers and press agencies that have negotiated their places at the venue.

But fans?

On a downside, of course the old adage - there's no such thing as bad publicity - still applies, as interested parties Google her SuperBowl pics - for research purposes, of course....

Perhaps the creatures concerned had the last laugh, and moved unexpectedly in mysterious ways revealing more than was expected?

Martin

martinput:Seems like all things that go around come around.....

Beyonce's publicist is cruising web-sites asking that images - esp fan images - be withdrawn from web-content.

It seems someone has noticed that, without the movement and music weaving it's magic, her images comes across more pole dancer than pop diva.

It's triggered a debate about how much she owns her image once it's out there.

I can understand her (and SuperBowl) having rights over professional photographers and press agencies that have negotiated their places at the venue.

But fans?

On a downside, of course the old adage - there's no such thing as bad publicity - still applies, as interested parties Google her SuperBowl pics - for research purposes, of course....

Perhaps the creatures concerned had the last laugh, and moved unexpectedly in mysterious ways revealing more than was expected?

Martin

The last part Martin! Exactly what I was thinking.

some of her pics remind me of Madonna