Home

Famous Autographs

21 posts

Last post 27/12/2012

Pages

Original post

I went through a phase some years back when i collected autographs, probably had more money than sense back then anyway as it turns out, I probably invested well as I have the Great Muhammad Ali signed and framed on my wall, I also have the cast of "Some like it Hot" Lemmon, Curtis, George Raft, Pat O'Brian, Joe E Brown & Billy Wilder, I came close to getting Marilyn's once, that another story lol what famous autographs do you guys have?

No autograph of Marilyn but you mentioning her reminded that we (chicago) just got a statue of her! LOL!

http://serr8d.blogspot.com/2011/07/marilyn-monroe-in-chicago-twenty-six.html

Joe Frazier,John Travolta which I'm not sure if it is authentic or not since I got it through the mail.

Paulfan:Joe Frazier,John Travolta which I'm not sure if it is authentic or not since I got it through the mail.

I mean Joe Frazier I got in person John Travolta's was through the mail,I hear his secretary signs it for him.

I Have

Wayne Rogers He Put To Kirsten Best Wishes Wayne Rogers
              Rich Fields He Put Kirsten Come On Down Rich Fields
              Alan Alda When He Sign His Book For Me When I Went To His Booksinging 4 Years Ago He Put To Kirsten Alan Alda
              John Travolta He Put To Kirsten John Travolta
              Spencer Gibb - Robin Gibb Son He Put To Kirsten Sorry You Coudn't Be Here Spencer Gibb
              Harry Morgan He Put To Kirsten All The Best Harry Morgan
              Robin Gibb He Put To Kirsten Love Robin Gibb Bee Gees 2008 :0) xoxoxxoxo

oobu24:No autograph of Marilyn but you mentioning her reminded that we (chicago) just got a statue of her! LOL!

http://serr8d.blogspot.com/2011/07/marilyn-monroe-in-chicago-twenty-six.html

wow!!! now thats what i call a statue

I've also got...

Paul's x 2
                  Linda
                  Sharon Stone
                  Ken Buchanan (Scottish boxer)
                  Kenny Dalglish ( most capped Scots football player/Liverpool manager
                  Bridget Bardot
                  Pete Best

Bill Clinton
                    John McCain
                    Sarah Palin
                    George Bush
                    JFK

I have a photo of me with Fess Parker that and David Robinson of the Spurs, I have met Anson Williams John Cowsill, seen a few of them. Yet I think over the years you loose things or things turn up missing. I bet if I had them again I would have to hide them from my current neighbors.
                      love doris

mydaybreaks:Bill Clinton
                        John McCain
                        Sarah Palin
                        George Bush
                        JFK

JFK WOW!!! that a good one

I have:
                          Ringo Starr
                          Paul McCartney
                          Pete Best
                          Abe Laboriel Jr
                          Katherine Hepburn
                          Wayne Gretzky

Deanna Durbin (one from 1940 and one from 2004)

Adriana Casellotti

Vera Lynn

Freddie Bartholomew

Cyd Charisse

Debbie Reynolds

CaptainFantastic027:Deanna Durbin (one from 1940 and one from 2004)

Adriana Casellotti

Vera Lynn

Freddie Bartholomew

Cyd Charisse

Debbie Reynolds

a great mix of autographs going on in here

I had - emphasis on "Had"

No the story first...

As a young person, we'd moved from Mid-Wales to Weymouth on the south coast of England.

From a sleepy town in the middle of Wales were we suddenly in a "holiday town" with commercial entertainment.

Central to that was The Weymouth Pavilion theatre, large enough to be part of the "circuit" for touring bands, groups and stage shows.

So it was that The Scaffold - Mike McGear (Micheal McCartney) Roger McGough and John Gorman came to town.

I went along with my parents and had a very enjoyable evening, The songs were lively and funny - with, of course, their hits Thank U Very Much and Lily The Pink riding high in the charts with regular Top Of The Pops appearances.

John Gorman stood out as the funny one, with Mike being the main straight man "foil" for his humour. Roger McGough had a couple of solo spots where he simply spoke his poetry and all three came together for the singing spots and a few group sketches.

It wasn't a sell out but well attended, and what stood out for me was that immedately after the show they announced they were in no hurry to leave and we were welcome to come up on-stage for autographs etc.

I did and collected all three signatures on the programme - a screen printed document - no glosssy pamphlet in those days.

I kept it for many years and last saw it when packing for a house move in the mid eighties.

Of course, the memory of having it and it's pertinence to my current interests makes it's loss quite galling. Still I have the memory, and more importantly now have the internet to back up memory with recordings and film clips.

I don't autograph hunt on purpose and wouldn't queue, except maybe for one special person, so this was a rare personal item.

Martin

Martin

I've lost a few things over the years by moving home, Autographs, ticket stubs etc the funny thing is, i still look for them even though i've looked 100+ times.

i have Paul's autograph made by me.I had a dream some weeks ago.Paul sighned my epiphone guitar and my band on the run cd,then i brought him mccartneyii to show him that i am not just a typical beatle fan then i woke up,the dream was ove r.

herc:i have Paul's autograph made by me.I had a dream some weeks ago.Paul sighned my epiphone guitar and my band on the run cd,then i brought him mccartneyii to show him that i am not just a typical beatle fan then i woke up,the dream was ove r.

why the sad face, at least you woke up!!!

herc:i have Paul's autograph made by me

Eh???

xxx

Betcha the bill collectors they pay have plenty of their autographs
                                          love doris

I have:

Pete Best
                                            Marti Pellow
                                            Stephen Gately (RIP)
                                            Keith Duffy
                                            Mickey Dolenz
                                            Davy Jones
                                            Peter Tork
                                            Michael Ball
                                            Jamie Redknapp
                                            Robbie Fowler
                                            Michael Owen
                                            Stan Collymore
                                            Kenny Dalglish
                                            Ronnie Whelan
                                            Ian Rush
                                            Chris Coleman
                                            ... loads of footballers that I can't remember right now

xxx

Pages