Home

AUSTIN CITY LIMITS FESTIVAL-WEEKEND OF 10-5: CONFIRMED

3698 views

87 posts

Last post 04/11/2018

Posted by jl4761

      Pages

      Bruce M. wrote:

      jl4761 wrote:
      Yankeefan2 wrote:
      andy1977 wrote:

      From previous setlists that I've seen, Paul tends to do pretty much his full set at a Festival.

      Checkout www.setlist.fm

      The Summerfest gig in Milwaukee was the full show.

      Lollapalooza and Firefly festivals were perhaps six songs shorter, so not a huge deal.

      I can't believe the prices for the platinum one day tickets for ACL. Crazy!

       

      Hoping he throws in a couple more songs from Egypt Station for the festival.

      I hope he does too andy1977, I'll be giving a full review of the Austin City Limits  when its over!

      Indeed. He and the band have had more time to rehearse, so that  excuse doesn't fly anymore. And Austin would be a great opportunity to promote Egypt Station and give a nudge to sales, which are otherwise starting to wind down.

      Hi Bruce M! How are you? My Girlfriend Love2Travel is looking forward to seeing Paul in Austin and she's also hoping that Paul will play a lot of the new songs from the Egypt Station album. I'll be posting a review on both Austin shows on this thread after both shows end. Talk to you soon, take care. 

        Watch for free on the ACL Fest homepage, at redbull.tv/aclfest or from any device by using the Red Bull TV app. Selected performance highlights and interviews will be available on demand after the festival. Check out the performances that will be broadcast below!

         

        https://www.aclfestival.com/news/2018-live-broadcast/?utm_campaign=2018-social&utm_source=acl&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=20181002-red-bull-live-broadcast-lineup-launch

          oobu24 wrote:

          Watch for free on the ACL Fest homepage, at redbull.tv/aclfest or from any device by using the Red Bull TV app. Selected performance highlights and interviews will be available on demand after the festival. Check out the performances that will be broadcast below!

           

          https://www.aclfestival.com/news/2018-live-broadcast/?utm_campaign=2018-social&utm_source=acl&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=20181002-red-bull-live-broadcast-lineup-launch

          Hi oobu! How are you? Thank you for posting this, Love2Travel says hello and we will be at both shows in Austin 5-7 and 12-14 October. L2T and I will be leasing a condo in Austin during the 5th through the 7th show and the 12th through the 14th show. L2T and I are going to be pretty busy in Austin. L2T is here with me today in San Antonio and is now asleep, she is so tired. We'll both be here on the forum tomorrow morning, she really misses not being on the forum. Talk to you tomorrow, take care oobu.  

            jl4761 wrote:

            oobu24 wrote:

            Watch for free on the ACL Fest homepage, at redbull.tv/aclfest or from any device by using the Red Bull TV app. Selected performance highlights and interviews will be available on demand after the festival. Check out the performances that will be broadcast below!

            https://www.aclfestival.com/news/2018-live-broadcast/?utm_campaign=2018-social&utm_source=acl&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=20181002-red-bull-live-broadcast-lineup-launch

            Hi oobu! How are you? Thank you for posting this, Love2Travel says hello and we will be at both shows in Austin 5-7 and 12-14 October. L2T and I will be leasing a condo in Austin during the 5th through the 7th show and the 12th through the 14th show. L2T and I are going to be pretty busy in Austin. L2T is here with me today in San Antonio and is now asleep, she is so tired. We'll both be here on the forum tomorrow morning, she really misses not being on the forum. Talk to you tomorrow, take care oobu.  

            Nice. Looks like you guys have it all figured out! Hope the weather is good for the concert.

               Less than 24 hours to go! Hard to believe it's been almost 4 years since the last time I saw him. Will be interesting to see if he changes the set up at all for the fest. Regardless, there are plenty of new songs since the last time I saw him, including the 1on1 repeats. I'm really hoping he plays You Won't See Me (one of if not my favorite Beatles song), but don't know based on the Canada setlists. 

                It looks as tho McCartney's set is going to be run on the ACL Youtube on Sunday at 6:25 PM CT..

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_7sGbwgI_E

                 

                 

                  Clickable link:

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_7sGbwgI_E

                    1. A Hard Day's Night(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    2. Hi, Hi, Hi(Wings song)Play Video
                    3. Can't Buy Me Love(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    4. Letting Go(Wings song)Play Video
                    5. Come On to Me Play Video
                    6. Let Me Roll It(Wings song) (with 'Foxy Lady' coda)Play Video
                    7. I've Got a Feeling(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    8. My Valentine Play Video
                    9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five(Wings song)Play Video
                    10. Maybe I'm Amazed Play Video
                    11. I've Just Seen a Face(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    12. In Spite of All the Danger(The Quarrymen song)Play Video
                    13. From Me to You(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    14. Love Me Do(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    15. Blackbird(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    16. Here Today Play Video
                    17. Lady Madonna(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    18. Fuh You Play Video
                    19. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    20. Something(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    21. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    22. Band on the Run(Wings song)Play Video
                    23. Back in the U.S.S.R.(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    24. Let It Be(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    25. Live and Let Die(Wings song)Play Video
                    26. Hey Jude(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    27. Encore:
                    28. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    29. Helter Skelter(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    30. Golden Slumbers(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    31. Carry That Weight(The Beatles song)Play Video
                    32. The End

                      Thanks, looks like Who Cares, Four Five Seconds, and the first 2 encore songs were cut from the set.  He does tend to cut Yesterday from festival shows.

                        Oops: Paul McCartney kicks off ACL Fest set waving Chilean flag

                          5th-beatle wrote:

                          Oops: Paul McCartney kicks off ACL Fest set waving Chilean flag

                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOA97PvUe4

                            thenightfish wrote:

                            Thanks, looks like Who Cares, Four Five Seconds, and the first 2 encore songs were cut from the set.  He does tend to cut Yesterday from festival shows.

                            Also one acoustic set song, Queenie Eye and Eleanor Rigby were cut

                              Paul looked smashing in Austin--he glowed ! His clothes and hair, his complexion, the whole package (smiley face) !

                                • Watching the livestream now - the band sounding great as usual, and Paul in good voice by the standards of lately. It’s interesting how he can be shaky on Hard Days Night and Hi Hi Hi and then clear as a bell for most of Can’t Buy Me Love. In my experience Can’t Buy is a pretty tough to song to sing.

                                  is Paul doing two shows? friday and today?

                                    Paul sounded great on Maybe I'm amazed (Which is usually not too good) but was very shaky on here today and a few more. But yeah was in great voice mostly and I enjoyed the show.

                                      Pages