Home

Montreal, QC - Bell Centre- 9/20- CONFIRMED

4259 views

84 posts

Last post 27/09/2018

Posted by jazon

      Pages

      ^^ You're very welcome.

      The trick to periscope is to keep searching, since it's very rare to have one person hold their phone up for 3 hours straight -- not to mention, most phone batteries can't handle streaming video that long.

      The only difference I've noticed in tonight's set list from Quebec (so far) was no My Valentine. I may have missed it earlier in the set.

      Time for Live and Let Die!

        So, any set list surprises in Montreal?

          Bruce M. wrote:

          So, any set list surprises in Montreal?

          No, sadly. Exactly the same as Quebec as far as I can see. 

            I was watching parts of the Montreal show on Periscope last night and it seemed to be the same setlist except that he did do "Michelle".  Not sure if he took a song out.

            My favorite song that I heard...for Solo Paul fans you can guess it...was "Who Cares".  It sounds great live!  After hearing "Who Cares" I would have been dying for more Egypt Station songs beyond "Fuh You" and "Come On To Me".

             Again, I realize that the majority of people going to see Paul are more into Beatle Paul so the crowd seemed really into each song regardless of whether the setlist was the same from the last few years.   I think this was the first time in Montreal for at least 5 years.  Another segment I saw was Paul doing Blackbird and Here Today.  He sounded really good doing Blackbird and then when he was introducing "Here Today" someone in the crowd was shouting and interrupting Paul.  When he continued, Paul just shouted "Shut the hell up".  It was pretty funny.

              B J Conlee wrote:

              I was watching parts of the Montreal show on Periscope last night and it seemed to be the same setlist except that he did do "Michelle".  Not sure if he took a song out.

              My favorite song that I heard...for Solo Paul fans you can guess it...was "Who Cares".  It sounds great live!  After hearing "Who Cares" I would have been dying for more Egypt Station songs beyond "Fuh You" and "Come On To Me".

               Again, I realize that the majority of people going to see Paul are more into Beatle Paul so the crowd seemed really into each song regardless of whether the setlist was the same from the last few years.   I think this was the first time in Montreal for at least 5 years.  Another segment I saw was Paul doing Blackbird and Here Today.  He sounded really good doing Blackbird and then when he was introducing "Here Today" someone in the crowd was shouting and interrupting Paul.  When he continued, Paul just shouted "Shut the hell up".  It was pretty funny.

              Nice to hear his vocal was good on "Blackbird". I totally agree with you about "Who Cares" and as I have mentioned to you before, this really should be a single.

                2018-09-20 Montreal setlist:

                01. A Hard Day's Night02. Hi, Hi, Hi03. Can't Buy Me Love04. Letting Go05. Who Cares06. Come On to Me07. Let Me Roll It08. I've Got a Feeling09. Let 'Em In10. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five11. Maybe I'm Amazed12. I've Just Seen a Face13. In Spite of All the Danger14. From Me to You15. My Valentine16. Michelle17. Love Me Do18. Blackbird19. Here Today20. Queenie Eye21. Lady Madonna22. FourFiveSeconds23. Eleanor Rigby24. Fuh You25. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!26. Something27. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da28. Band on the Run29. Back in the U.S.S.R.30. Let It Be31. Live and Let Die32. Hey Jude

                Encore:33. Yesterday34. I Saw Her Standing There35. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)36. Helter Skelter37. Golden Slumbers38. Carry That Weight39. The End

                 

                  Paul performed "Who Cares" !! Fabulous !  And "Band on the Run," that was something new, hadn't been done in awhile in concert. "Michelle" that was nice, expected, but nice. "Fuh You" is really very catchy and grew on me, it's super he played that.  There WERE some changes in the set list for Montreal ! Unless he already did "Fuh You" and "Come On To Me " in concert previously?

                    Back from Montreal:

                    The DJ set and preshow film were fresh.  "Happy With You" was featured in the preshow with Egypt Station graphics.

                    The horn section (the guys  were great) and the three ES songs along with "From Me To You" freshened things up a bit.

                    "My Valentine" was done on piano (saw someone asked on a previous post) amd yes I'm glad Queenie Eye was still in the set as well (someone mentioned this too)

                    BTW-the new songs rocked in the arena setting; pity more weren't played.  I believe NEW had four live songs to start out when it was released

                    I thought the merchandise was weak as I didnt see anything related to ES.

                    Rememeber these shows are fresh for our Canadian friends.  The States will get the minty fresh rejigged Freshned Up tour next summer.

                      puppywhimpers wrote:

                      Back from Montreal:

                      The DJ set and preshow film were fresh.  "Happy With You" was featured in the preshow with Egypt Station graphics.

                      The horn section (the guys  were great) and the three ES songs along with "From Me To You" freshened things up a bit.

                      "My Valentine" was done on piano (saw someone asked on a previous post) amd yes I'm glad Queenie Eye was still in the set as well (someone mentioned this too)

                      BTW-the new songs rocked in the arena setting; pity more weren't played.  I believe NEW had four live songs to start out when it was released

                      I thought the merchandise was weak as I didnt see anything related to ES.

                      Rememeber these shows are fresh for our Canadian friends.  The States will get the minty fresh rejigged Freshned Up tour next summer.

                      I would have thought at least the Egypt Station cd but the pm.com store does have the new album merchandise

                        puppywhimpers wrote:

                        Back from Montreal:

                        The DJ set and preshow film were fresh.  "Happy With You" was featured in the preshow with Egypt Station graphics.

                        The horn section (the guys  were great) and the three ES songs along with "From Me To You" freshened things up a bit.

                        "My Valentine" was done on piano (saw someone asked on a previous post) amd yes I'm glad Queenie Eye was still in the set as well (someone mentioned this too)

                        BTW-the new songs rocked in the arena setting; pity more weren't played.  I believe NEW had four live songs to start out when it was released

                        SI thought the merchandise was weak as I didnt see anything related to ES.

                        Rememeber these shows are fresh for our Canadian friends.  The States will get the minty fresh rejigged Freshned Up tour next summer.

                        Few more comments........

                        "You Won't See Me" was featured in its entirety in the preshow film

                        There  were no "wardrobe change" or "this one is dedicated to Linda" comments.  The other stale lines remained. 

                        Two Japanese women were brought up on stage and one was named Yoko. There were boos.  Haha

                          puppywhimpers wrote:

                          puppywhimpers wrote:

                          Back from Montreal:

                          The DJ set and preshow film were fresh.  "Happy With You" was featured in the preshow with Egypt Station graphics.

                          The horn section (the guys  were great) and the three ES songs along with "From Me To You" freshened things up a bit.

                          "My Valentine" was done on piano (saw someone asked on a previous post) amd yes I'm glad Queenie Eye was still in the set as well (someone mentioned this too)

                          BTW-the new songs rocked in the arena setting; pity more weren't played.  I believe NEW had four live songs to start out when it was released

                          SI thought the merchandise was weak as I didnt see anything related to ES.

                          Rememeber these shows are fresh for our Canadian friends.  The States will get the minty fresh rejigged Freshned Up tour next summer.

                          Few more comments........

                          "You Won't See Me" was featured in its entirety in the preshow film

                          There  were no "wardrobe change" or "this one is dedicated to Linda" comments.  The other stale lines remained. 

                          Two Japanese women were brought up on stage and one was named Yoko. There were boos.  Haha

                          There's been Yoko up there before. Maybe the same girl?

                            Maybe. That was my first  Yoko  experience lol.  I met people who flew in from Japan, China, Australia, Brazil.  All were staying at the Holiday Inn  a block away from  Bell Centre.  Made my six hour drive from NJ feel like a breeze compared to their journeys 

                              puppywhimpers wrote:

                              Maybe. That was my first  Yoko  experience lol.  I met people who flew in from Japan, China, Australia, Brazil.  All were staying at the Holiday Inn  a block away from  Bell Centre.  Made my six hour drive from NJ feel like a breeze compared to their journeys 

                              Here's she is from 2011.

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=128&v=cg-O-J3AfZ4

                                Different Yoko haha. Good god five minutes of parading people up on stage he could of done two more songs in that time frame.  Glad those folks got an experience of a lifetime though

                                  puppywhimpers wrote:

                                  Different Yoko haha. Good god five minutes of parading people up on stage he could of done two more songs in that time frame.  Glad those folks got an experience of a lifetime though

                                   

                                  I suspect that it's designed to give the band (and Paul) a chance to rest up a bit.

                                  I always felt bad for the people seated directly behind someone holding up a sign all night. I can't imagine paying hundreds of dollars for a tcket, only to have my view blocked.

                                  YMMV

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                   

                                    puppywhimpers wrote:

                                    Different Yoko haha. Good god five minutes of parading people up on stage he could of done two more songs in that time frame.  Glad those folks got an experience of a lifetime though

                                    No use thinking that way. For starters it gives Paul a rest vocally, it makes a couple big fans happy. And it's not like he would play and extra song or two in that time. He could very well just add and extra 5 mintues to the lengh of the show by doing that. Let It Be

                                      puppywhimpers wrote:

                                      Different Yoko haha. Good god five minutes of parading people up on stage he could of done two more songs in that time frame.  Glad those folks got an experience of a lifetime though

                                      Personally I don't like it because "Who Cares" (pun intended) about seeing people get autograph from him and do the fanboy/girl thing on stage.  Like I said previously, great for the people up there but it does nothing for me. As for giving McCartney a vocal rest, rather see him play "Rockestra"than parading people on stage  - lol.

                                        I saw a video showing the stage from the side view, in Montreal, and wondered if that's what I'll get from "the end seat on the ninth row" which is my ticket for next year.  It was an interesting perspective, but I can't help but wish that automated voice had offered a head on view and that I hadn't grabbed the first thing offered. The giant tall screen will show his visage from the front. That vid showed them performing "Love Me Do" and two others, and all were ear candy, and exciting. I think everything he does will be, when I see him for the second time. Abe stood up while playing the drums, which was cute to behold. Wix played harmonica quite stirringly. I like Rusty's often deadpan expression on stage, 'cause it reminds me of Linda's deadpan facial expression she often employed, not bothering to keep smiling the whole time on stage. Although she had a beautiful smile. She kept her cool.  I'm looking forward to his other two upcoming big Canada gigs Friday and Sunday night ! 

                                          SusyLuvsPaul wrote:

                                          Paul performed "Who Cares" !! Fabulous !  And "Band on the Run," that was something new, hadn't been done in awhile in concert. "Michelle" that was nice, expected, but nice. "Fuh You" is really very catchy and grew on me, it's super he played that.  There WERE some changes in the set list for Montreal ! Unless he already did "Fuh You" and "Come On To Me " in concert previously?

                                          'Fuh You' and 'Come On To Me ' were debuted in Quebec.

                                          The only difference between Quebec and Montreal was the placing of 'My Valentine' which was played  earlier in the set at Montreal. 

                                            Paul also performed "Come on To Me" and "Fuh You" at his surprise "pop up" Grand Central Station mini-concert? I think.  (I enjoy  that fun frivolous mini show,  and have watched it several times.)  Glory that's an enormous massive audience in Montreal, looks like almost a million fans there...course that's how it looks at all of his uber popular concerts and one revels in seeing that.  In a vid, I saw Paul linger on the stage at the end of the Montreal show, basking in all the hysterical screams and  shouts and yells, and then he dashed down the stage stairs "high fiving" a few outstretched  fan glad hands from above. He then was  greeted by a young woman who slipped him into a long luxurious looking black satin or velvet robe in sort of a James Brown moment  before he disappeared totally off stage for a cuppa, LOL and his well earned R and R time to finally wet his whistle (I wish he'd drink something during his concerts, but not a fifth of Jack Daniels Black Label, a la Janis Joplin) !  Rusty, Brian, Abe and Wix had proceeded him.  As the big star of the show, of course Paul was the last one on stage in the spotlight. He's the ultimate showman, Lord bless him.

                                              Pages