Home

Indio, CA - Desert Trip Festival - Oct. 7-9+14-16 - ARCHIVE

195 posts

Last post 28/10/2016

Pages

FlowersOnTheRun:According to numerous setlist.fm reports, the setlist so far is -

A Hard Day's Night
      Jet
      Can't Buy Me Love
      Letting Go
      Day Tripper
      Let Me Roll It
      I've Got A Feeling
      My Valentine
      Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
      Maybe I'm Amazed

seems suspicious to me, but we'll see

Hmmm, he took out Save Us. I wonder if he'll play Queenie Eye and/or NEW..

paulmccartneyfan1:

FlowersOnTheRun:According to numerous setlist.fm reports, the setlist so far is -

A Hard Day's Night
        Jet
        Can't Buy Me Love
        Letting Go
        Day Tripper
        Let Me Roll It
        I've Got A Feeling
        My Valentine
        Maybe I'm Amazed

yeah- I'll post the periscope when I find it. Interesting having Day Tripper so early on. So far two surprises, I'm sure we'll get more.

I've Just Seen A Face in place of You Won't See Me

FlowersOnTheRun:

paulmccartneyfan1:

A Hard Day's Night
            Jet
            Can't Buy Me Love
            Letting Go
            Day Tripper
            Let Me Roll It
            I've Got A Feeling
            My Valentine
            Maybe I'm Amazed

yeah- I'll post the periscope when I find it. Interesting having Day Tripper so early on. So far two surprises, I'm sure we'll get more.

Yeah I have a feeling we'll get more. I think he might do a Wings song he hasn't done live yet. It IS a battle of the bands this weekend lol. The best for me would be if he sang Silly Love Songs for this event only since at this point it seems like he won't play it on tour. If he were to play it like once or twice, this could be it since this won't ever happen again. But still hoping he does eventually play it live. Anyway, Even next weekend, he might change some things up a bit as well. He could take out Jet for Junior's Farm

FlowersOnTheRun:I've Just Seen A Face in place of You Won't See Me

No way.. Really?! Now that surprises me. Not in a good way. You Won't See Me is a better fit for this tour. It's fresh, and the story leading into the song goes with the theme of the "One On One." He is telling his audience like a "one on one" as to how a song comes about. I've Just Seen A Face just starts from what I remember seeing live in concert.

paulmccartneyfan1:

FlowersOnTheRun:
                paulmccartneyfan1:

A Hard Day's Night
                Jet
                Can't Buy Me Love
                Letting Go
                Day Tripper
                Let Me Roll It
                I've Got A Feeling
                My Valentine
                Maybe I'm Amazed

Yeah I have a feeling we'll get more. I think he might do a Wings song he hasn't done live yet. It IS a battle of the bands this weekend lol. The best for me would be if he sang Silly Love Songs for this event only since at this point it seems like he won't play it on tour. If he were to play it like once or twice, this could be it since this won't ever happen again. But still hoping he does eventually play it live. Anyway, Even next weekend, he might change some things up a bit as well. He could take out Jet for Junior's Farm

I'd love to see Love in Song

Neil Young is onstage with Paul singing "Day in the Life"

Give Peace A Chance w/Neil Young

I'm glad he's finally changing things up. Makes up for the robotic setlist seen so far.

I can't believe I'm saying this...

He's playing Why Don't We Do It In The Road with Neil Young! Sounds surprisingly good too. Pushing Paul's range though

realistically I think we'll get one more surprise in the encore and call it a wrap. Maybe Coming Up? Goodnight Tonight (we can dream right?)? No more surprises?

This keeps getting stranger -

I Wanna Be Your Man!

seems like the final setlist was -

A Hard Day's Night
                              Jet
                              Can't Buy Me Love
                              Letting Go
                              Day Tripper
                              Let Me Roll It
                              I've Got A Feeling
                              My Valentine
                              Maybe I'm Amazed
                              We Can Work It Out
                              In Spite of All The Danger
                              I've Just Seen A Face
                              Love Me Do
                              And I Love Her
                              Blackbird
                              Here Today
                              Queenie Eye
                              Lady Madonna
                              FourFiveSeconds
                              Eleanor Rigby
                              Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite
                              A Day In The Life (W/Neil Young)
                              Give Peace A Chance (W/Neil Young)
                              Why Don't We Do It In The Road? (W/Neil Young)
                              Something
                              Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
                              Band on the Run
                              Back In The USSR
                              Let It Be
                              Live and Let Die
                              Hey Jude

I Wanna Be Your Man
                              Helter Skelter
                              Golden Slumbers
                              Carry That Weight
                              The End

FlowersOnTheRun:This keeps getting stranger -

I Wanna Be Your Man!

I thought for a second there Ringo was going to pop out!

Any video of "Why Don't We Do It In The Road"?

Best surprise since "Long Tall Sally" came out at Candlestick. "Why Don't We Do It In The Road"...just like "Temporary Secretary"...I NEVER thought they'd make the setlist. And this was awesome. He had some fun on those vocals, too. SOOO good to see something else from the White album added.

30 second video here of why don't we do it in the road..

https://twitter.com/d_villafranca/status/785023328989818880

Still reeling from seeing WDWDIITR. I'm glad I didn't read the spoiler here before because I was pleasantly shocked. I thought he'd never "do it." That was the biggest surprise. A collaboration with Neil had kind of been expected, and they'd of course done ADITL together before. I got excited for a moment when he prefaced doing a Stones song, but quickly surmised what it would be. Not that momentous, but a nice little add in.
                                        Was personally disappointed about YWSM getting dropped, but not surprised. It was clear Paul had been underestimating how well known it is and in fairness IJSAF is better known, which was important for this crowd. This isn't a typical Paul crowd. I'm in the "VIP" grandstand and even stuff like BOTR and LM got relatively little reaction.
                                        Still it was a great set. Paul was in good form and the set and fireworks were fantastic. Lots of singalongs with 75k people in the desert. Though still nothing tops MSG acoustics. Despite the lack of the usual enthusiasm for certain songs most of the crowd seemed super pleased. Paul saw the Stones' wager and upped the ante. I have him winning the battle of the bands so far.

Holy shit...
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1pQuzmbt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBr9L_iCBU

Pages