Home

Locations in Paul Songs

19 posts

Last post 18/12/2019

Posted by B J Conlee

Original post

Here are some locations I thought of, in Paul songs. Can you think of others...

Penny Lane, London Town, in the thick of it, India, Lindiana (?), the night, Venus and Mars, Cafe On The Left Bank, on the hill, in the ballroom, Mull of Kintyre, Liverpool, In the Heart of the Country, in the road, Highway, Junior's Farm, Old Siam, home, out there, the future, Riding to Vanity Fair, Vanilla Sky

America, Mamunia, the U.S.S.R., Jaipur, The Long and Winding Road, Big Brass Bed, Ireland

SusyLuvsPaul wrote:

Big Brass Bed, 

Big Barn Bed although I think I prefer your title,Susy. 

Heaven on a Sunday, Big Red Barn, (the) Darkroom, Golden Earth Girl, House of Wax 

johnnymain wrote:

Heaven on a Sunday, Big Red Barn, (the) Darkroom, Golden Earth Girl, House of Wax 

Dawg, johnnymain thought up some good 'uns, wish I had (am jelly), good job, johnny

What song is "Big Red Barn" in? Or is that its title? Yeah I think it is, has the big barn bed, in it... Granddaddy used to a big red barn  in his  back yard. Makes me sad to know it's gone. (well, all things must pass away)

Another Paul place in song: "Beautiful Night" I suppose the night (and day) could be construed as a location (?). 

"Daytime/Nighttime Suffering" I quite fancy that one, Macca

I think there's a very long blues number on a bootleg: "Atlantic Ocean"-- that little ditty goes on and on (like the ocean); seems interminable, like many blues songs.  it's cool, though

It’s Big Barn Bed! 😂

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Barn_Bed

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/paulmccartney/bigbarnbed.html

No “Big Red Barn” that I know of!

Nancy R wrote:

It’s Big Barn Bed! 😂

On the subject of Big Barn Bed, a few months ago I suggested (requested) the song for the 'jukebox' on a local BBC radio station... and they played it. Not a Wings song that's played very often on British radio I would have thought. 

Kestrel wrote:

Nancy R wrote:

It’s Big Barn Bed! 😂

On the subject of Big Barn Bed, a few months ago I suggested (requested) the song for the 'jukebox' on a local BBC radio station... and they played it. Not a Wings song that's played very often on British radio I would have thought. 

I was in my rental car in Cleveland, OH  and turned the radio on. It was tuned to a station that was having a ‘70s weekend. They then proceeded to play Let ‘Em In! Nearly ran off the road! 😂

Nancy R wrote:

I was in my rental car in Cleveland, OH  and turned the radio on. It was tuned to a station that was having a ‘70s weekend. They then proceeded to play Let ‘Em In! Nearly ran off the road! 😂

It's funny, we can play these  songs whenever we like but its still a lovely surprise to hear one played unexpectedly on the radio.

Btw Susy, a place name for your list ... Oklahoma (Press).

Paul didn't write this one, but it's a song he sang with the Beatles, and later during his solo years... and is a location... so it sort of counts as one of his songs, lol

Ah, Kansas Citygonna get my baby back homeyeah, yeahI'm goin' to Kansas Citygonna get my baby back homeyeah, yeahWell, it's a long, long, time sincemy baby's been goneAh, Kansas Citygonna get my baby on timeyeah, yeahI'm goin' to Kansas Citygonna get my baby on timeyeah, yeahIt's just a one, two, three, fourfive, six, seven, eight, nine!

HEAVEN  "All The Ladders Lead To Heaven"  :)

Helen Wheels is mostly place names -  Glasgow, Carlisle, Kendal, Liverpool and London. Walthamstow and Scarborough in Old Siam Sir. And the was a lead guitarist who lived in Epping Forest. 

"Leaning on a lamp post" 

I Love This House, Flying to My Home, Down To The River, Back on My Feet, Fixing A Hole

"sitting on the sofa with a sister or two" (LOL)

"She Came In Through The Bathroom Window"  LOL

Calico Skies, English Garden, Waterfalls, On the Wings of a Nightingale, in the backyard, Flaming Pie, Jet, Backseat of My Car, Back To The Egg 

Underground...in the world...in Brazil...in their way...ancient Egypt...in the cookie jar...out of sight...English rain...a place...

a bluebell carpet...a frosty morning...the mighty ocean...in the Trevi Fountain...a mountain...a rushing stream...underneath the staircase...beside me...shining far off lands...imaginary world...the forest...golden earth...to another level...in the rain...lost in the heart of the crowd...in the dark...at my window...at my door...on the town

Walthamstow, Scarborough, East Ham

Kestrel wrote:

Nancy R wrote:

It's funny, we can play these  songs whenever we like but its still a lovely surprise to hear one played unexpectedly on the radio.

Btw Susy, a place name for your list ... Oklahoma (Press).

This happened to me just this morning.  I went to my usual convenience store (a gas/food place called WAWA which is big in Philadelpia, New Jersey and now Florida.  Anyway, as I walked in to get my coffee, their playlist was playing "Pipes of Peace".  It really surprised me because they normally play Top 40 Pop.  Sounded great by the way and it was totally unexpected.  Maybe because it is the Christmas season and they are mixing in Christmas songs too.