Home

Lexington, KY- Rupp Arena- 6/1/19- CONFIRMED

1555 views

48 posts

Last post 04/06/2019

Posted by Nancy R

      Pages

      Original post

      https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/first-us-dates-announced-of-new-tour

        Love Rupp Arena. Was at soundcheck 1990, seating at soundboard, and backstage afterwards with a smile and wave from Macca.    Geared up again !!!! 

          I was at the concert but not as lucky as you! It was the first time I had seen Paul since 1966 (with the lads). I was in heaven! I’ve seen him 8 more times since then. I had hoped to save up enough for a VIP ticket but I’m not there. This announcement popped up this morning and caught me by surprise. If the tickets weren’t going on sale so early I might have been able to save it up. Maybe next time. 

            Maccafan66 wrote:

            I was at the concert but not as lucky as you! It was the first time I had seen Paul since 1966 (with the lads). I was in heaven! I’ve seen him 8 more times since then. I had hoped to save up enough for a VIP ticket but I’m not there. This announcement popped up this morning and caught me by surprise. If the tickets weren’t going on sale so early I might have been able to save it up. Maybe next time. 

            That’s what credit cards are for! You will have the money by the time of the concert! 

              I've never been to Kentucky and it's not far from Chicago. The arena is massive at a 24,500 seating capacity. According to wikipedia it's the largest indoor arena in the United States. I had always thought the United Center in Chicago had that to claim, but according to wikipedia the United Center is 23,500. It also looks like from pictures online that the Rupp Arena actually has bleechers in the upper decks, no actual seats? Can someone confirm this who's been there? That's interesting. 

                LonelyRoad wrote:

                I've never been to Kentucky and it's not far from Chicago. The arena is massive at a 24,500 seating capacity. According to wikipedia it's the largest indoor arena in the United States. I had always thought the United Center in Chicago had that to claim, but according to wikipedia the United Center is 23,500. It also looks like from pictures online that the Rupp Arena actually has bleechers in the upper decks, no actual seats? Can someone confirm this who's been there? That's interesting. 

                Never been there, but that is correct. If you click on “more info” by the venue name you will see info including this:

                Please note American Express has set a two-order limit for this offer. This limit applies across all Cards associated with all of your American Express accounts. All UPPER ARENA Seats are Bench Seating with NO Backs.

                  And this & a few other venues are only AmEx on Tuesday?

                    oobu24 wrote:

                    And this & a few other venues are only AmEx on Tuesday?

                     

                    According to the news page, there is a PM.com presale at 10 am local time on Tues. There is a password and a link on the page which at the moment takes you to the main TM page for Paul's shows. 

                      thenightfish wrote:

                      oobu24 wrote:

                      And this & a few other venues are only AmEx on Tuesday?

                      According to the news page, there is a PM.com presale at 10 am local time on Tues. There is a password and a link on the page which at the moment takes you to the main TM page for Paul's shows. 

                      Yes, I read that but there is no link for the PM.com presale. One may magically appear tomorrow along with the prices.

                        oobu24 wrote:

                        thenightfish wrote:
                        oobu24 wrote:

                        And this & a few other venues are only AmEx on Tuesday?

                        According to the news page, there is a PM.com presale at 10 am local time on Tues. There is a password and a link on the page which at the moment takes you to the main TM page for Paul's shows. 

                        Yes, I read that but there is no link for the PM.com presale. One may magically appear tomorrow along with the prices.

                        Do mean on TM? They often don't load all the info anymore until the day of sale. That includes prices.  When the sales go live, I expect to see the normal TM-will-choose-seats-for-you page (not the clickable seat map) with the drop downs to choose ticket type and a space to enter the presale code. 

                          There are people in all the threads thinking that the only presale is for AmEx cardholders. Shame for all that want tickets. It should be printed out for everyone that wants more info.

                            Yeah, the presale for Lexington was Amex only; which is ridiculous.  Usually the PM.com presales don't have to have a specific credit card.  I'm thoroughly disappointed that I have to wait to TRY and get whatever tickets are left on Friday.  Damn.

                              shacat wrote:

                              Yeah, the presale for Lexington was Amex only; which is ridiculous.  Usually the PM.com presales don't have to have a specific credit card.  I'm thoroughly disappointed that I have to wait to TRY and get whatever tickets are left on Friday.  Damn.

                              Well THAT is stupid. 

                                Yes, it is incredibly stupid.  I'm pretty frustrated.

                                  shacat wrote:

                                  Yeah, the presale for Lexington was Amex only; which is ridiculous.  Usually the PM.com presales don't have to have a specific credit card.  I'm thoroughly disappointed that I have to wait to TRY and get whatever tickets are left on Friday.  Damn.

                                  I am so bummed.  :(  Fingers crossed we are able to get good seats on Friday.  Good luck!

                                    Good luck to you, too.   I cannot believe this!   They should have said that it was Amex only.  The wording on the post on the News page is very misleading.

                                      Well... that was an expected disappointment. I have an AMEX card, but I believe GONE are the days when you would anticipate a presale, nervously fluster over a keyboard to correctly type in the correct code, and then have to refresh and try again a dozen times before ~sometimes~ a suitable seat would come up. SCORE!!!!

                                      In the past couple of years, after logging on, you see that a close foor ticket will cost as much as a halfway decent used car and tickets 10 rows up in the lower level are $700!

                                      It's become such a money racket!  I always though $250 was A LOT for a ticket... but Paul is worth it. However, it's saddening when, for a split second, you weigh the importance of food and rent against the price of a great seat.

                                      Maybe something will turn up.  

                                        I had no idea Lexington tix were American Express only. That should have been made very clear from the start.

                                          How do I get a presale code for the show in Lexington, KY.  I never received one.  Been a member here for years and years and years!  What do I need to do? indecision

                                            They don't email the codes anymore. It's on the news page in the story about the US shows from August...

                                              Pages