Home

Why January 22nd Matters In Rock History? Wings

9 posts

Last post 25/01/2019

Posted by Nancy R

Original post

I Heart Radio

Why January 22nd Matters In Rock History

Wings Over America was an amazing live album, capturing the amazing rock show.  Not a week has gone by without me listening to songs from this album since 1976.  My parents had to mail the cassette of WOA to me in South Korea as I was serving in the military.  Before being shipped off to Korea, I was able to attend the WOA show in Fort Worth, Texas.  Never forget 1976; a great new album (At The Speed of Sound), a greater rock show, and finally a superb live lp. 

wingsoverkc wrote:

Wings Over America was an amazing live album, capturing the amazing rock show.  Not a week has gone by without me listening to songs from this album since 1976.  My parents had to mail the cassette of WOA to me in South Korea as I was serving in the military.  Before being shipped off to Korea, I was able to attend the WOA show in Fort Worth, Texas.  Never forget 1976; a great new album (At The Speed of Sound), a greater rock show, and finally a superb live lp. 

Did you get the Wings Over America box set? It's very cool...as all of them are! They even included a 76 tour program. Which probably devalues my original.

Wings Over America [4 CD][Deluxe Box Set]

How I missed getting a program at the Atlanta 1976 concert is beyond me! Not to mention a t-shirt! Stupid me!! 

Yep, I still have my tshirt too!

oobu24 wrote:

wingsoverkc wrote:

Did you get the Wings Over America box set? It's very cool...as all of them are! They even included a 76 tour program. Which probably devalues my original.

Wings Over America [4 CD][Deluxe Box Set]

I have

Me too!

The programs were not available at the first show in Fort Worth.  I picked one up later in DC.  And yes, I have the WOA box set.  And yes, it was amazing.

oobu24 wrote:

Me too!

Me three! I’m looking at it in my room sitting on top of a cabinet!