Home

Paul McCartney thinks a bottle of whisky costs £2

242 views

10 posts

Last post 16/05/2019

Posted by oobu24

      Original post

      N M E

      Paul McCartney thinks a bottle of whisky costs £2

        jimmix wrote:

        N M E

        Paul McCartney thinks a bottle of whisky costs £2

        Do the British spell whiskey “whisky?”

          It can probably be spelled either way...same as here. Why?

            jimmix wrote:

            N M E

            Paul McCartney thinks a bottle of whisky costs £2

            Wow, you can't even get a bottle of water for that little amount - lol

              oobu24 wrote:

              It can probably be spelled either way...same as here. Why?

              I had never seen it spelled whisky, but I looked it up and see that usually in the U.S. it is whiskey, but other areas in the world it is whisky. (I’m not a drinker, so never knew this) 

                Nancy R wrote:

                oobu24 wrote:

                It can probably be spelled either way...same as here. Why?

                I had never seen it spelled whisky, but I looked it up and see that usually in the U.S. it is whiskey, but other areas in the world it is whisky. (I’m not a drinker, so never knew this) 

                I don't drink whisky either.

                  “Nancy R wrote:

                  jimmix wrote:

                  N M E

                  Paul McCartney thinks a bottle of whisky costs £2

                  Do the British spell whiskey “whisky?”

                  “Whisky” can only be proper whisky,  i.e. Scotch whisky from Scotland. “Whiskey” is more generic for the Irish (and elsewhere) versions. 

                    Jock Tamson wrote:

                    “Nancy R wrote:
                    jimmix wrote:

                    N M E

                    Paul McCartney thinks a bottle of whisky costs £2

                    Do the British spell whiskey “whisky?”

                    “Whisky” can only be proper whisky,  i.e. Scotch whisky from Scotland. “Whiskey” is more generic for the Irish (and elsewhere) versions. 

                    Thanks for the info. Btw, there is a new TV show here in the U.S. called Whiskey Cavalier! 😂

                      This is supposed to show how out of touch Paul is with the common folk.  I'm as common as they come and I have absolutely no idea how much a bottle of whiskey costs.

                      Jack Daniels and Jim Beam spell it whiskey, so that's good enough for me.

                        I don't know whisky prices but I know I got charged $5.50 for a bottle of beer at a restaurant. And that seems to be

                        a lot.