Home

'Egypt Station - Traveller’s Edition' New Box Set

2193 views

76 posts

Last post 13/08/2019

Posted by love2travel

      Pages

      Original post

      'Egypt Station - Traveller’s Edition' New Box Set

          Thanks for sharing this, Oobu!   Love all the goodies inside the case, there no doubt will be hidden tracks/additional songs not previously released.   And especially like the playing cards and jigsaw puzzle, lol 

          Wonder what the extra "And additional hidden surprises and rarities..." could be?

          People were asking what the cost is... I guess people won't find out unless they click on the "Sign Up" link....

            Yes, I was trying to find out how much this baby is going to cost...

              How much does everyone think it will be?

              I'm guessing $250-500.

                LadyLeslie wrote:

                How much does everyone think it will be?

                I'm guessing $250-500.

                Anything less than 300 would come as a big surprise. 

                  As neat as it all looks, I think I am going to have to pass on this one. Just too expensive, I bet. 

                     I appreciate that some of our OAP's are a bit hard up but really, this is ridiculous. Perhaps Macca has heard that the BBC are thinking of doing away with the free tv licence for the over 75's? 

                      Kestrel wrote:

                       I appreciate that some of our OAP's are a bit hard up but really, this is ridiculous. Perhaps Macca has heard that the BBC are thinking of doing away with the free tv licence for the over 75's? 

                      Took me a minute to decipher your post! OAP = Old Age Penshioners? We call them Senior Citizens. And everyone, regardless of age, has to pay for whatever form of TV they want (cable, satellite dish, etc.) You have to have a license for it?! Like a fishing/hunting/driver’s license? 😂

                        Some people don't have turntables, though.

                          If you folks don't want to wait until tomorrow, here is the link to place orders today:

                          Egypt Station - Traveller’s Edition

                            5th-beatle wrote:

                            If you folks don't want to wait until tomorrow, here is the link to place orders today:

                            Egypt Station - Traveller’s Edition

                            And THAT comes to $406 USD. I have some jigsaw puzzles & I'll sell em to you for $0.50. LOL. A zerox copy of a note from Paul???

                              This one is really going to test me.  I am definitely a Beatles and Paul completist.  Gladly dropped the money for the Wings 1971-73 set.  Admittedly I don't know the price of this, but I can only guess, and there is a point where the cost too greatly exceeds the value.  I just want the music/video; I don't need all of the trinkets/luggage that exponentially add dollars to the price.  That's also one of my frustrations with the archive collection; this could be done in such a more fan friendly way.  While all of the boxes are nice, in the end is the music that I want.

                              And if I'm reading the description right, we only get the exclusive tracks on vinyl.  It doesn't seem that they are on the CD.

                              If I'm pleasantly surprised by the price, I guess I'll be in like I always am.  Otherwise I may have to draw the line and sit this one out.

                               

                                Nancy R wrote:

                                Kestrel wrote:

                                 I appreciate that some of our OAP's are a bit hard up but really, this is ridiculous. Perhaps Macca has heard that the BBC are thinking of doing away with the free tv licence for the over 75's? 

                                Took me a minute to decipher your post! OAP = Old Age Penshioners? We call them Senior Citizens. And everyone, regardless of age, has to pay for whatever form of TV they want (cable, satellite dish, etc.) You have to have a license for it?! Like a fishing/hunting/driver’s license? 😂

                                Yes thats right. Basically if you have a television that you watch any live or broadcast programme on then you need a television licence. This is how the BBC is funded in the UK. Even if you don't have a television, but you watch for example the BBC i-Player on a mobile phone, then you still need a tv licence. The over 75's are exempt although there is talk of doing away with this, which has clearly got Paul worried.

                                https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

                                  Kestrel wrote:

                                  Nancy R wrote:
                                  Kestrel wrote:

                                   I appreciate that some of our OAP's are a bit hard up but really, this is ridiculous. Perhaps Macca has heard that the BBC are thinking of doing away with the free tv licence for the over 75's? 

                                  Took me a minute to decipher your post! OAP = Old Age Penshioners? We call them Senior Citizens. And everyone, regardless of age, has to pay for whatever form of TV they want (cable, satellite dish, etc.) You have to have a license for it?! Like a fishing/hunting/driver’s license? 😂

                                  Yes thats right. Basically if you have a television that you watch any live or broadcast programme on then you need a television licence. This is how the BBC is funded in the UK. Even if you don't have a television, but you watch for example the BBC i-Player on a mobile phone, then you still need a tv licence. The over 75's are exempt although there is talk of doing away with this, which has clearly got Paul worried.

                                  https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

                                  A television licence? Wow, I'd never heard that before. I had no idea. George Orwell is alive and kicking... I am flabbergasted..... A TV licence?.... Really?

                                   

                                    Also, I won't be buying this. I have bought a lot of Paul's stuff through the years/decades, but this 'special' is just a complete waste of money. I won't be indulging. Sorry, Paul, your marketing people got this one wrong... Still love you! Heaps!

                                      Kestrel wrote:

                                      Yes thats right. Basically if you have a television that you watch any live or broadcast programme on then you need a television licence. This is how the BBC is funded in the UK. Even if you don't have a television, but you watch for example the BBC i-Player on a mobile phone, then you still need a tv licence. The over 75's are exempt although there is talk of doing away with this, which has clearly got Paul worried.

                                      https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

                                      This would be comparable to us having to sign up for cable I assume.

                                        toris wrote:

                                        Kestrel wrote:
                                        Nancy R wrote:
                                        Kestrel wrote:

                                         I appreciate that some of our OAP's are a bit hard up but really, this is ridiculous. Perhaps Macca has heard that the BBC are thinking of doing away with the free tv licence for the over 75's? 

                                        Took me a minute to decipher your post! OAP = Old Age Penshioners? We call them Senior Citizens. And everyone, regardless of age, has to pay for whatever form of TV they want (cable, satellite dish, etc.) You have to have a license for it?! Like a fishing/hunting/driver’s license? 😂

                                        Yes thats right. Basically if you have a television that you watch any live or broadcast programme on then you need a television licence. This is how the BBC is funded in the UK. Even if you don't have a television, but you watch for example the BBC i-Player on a mobile phone, then you still need a tv licence. The over 75's are exempt although there is talk of doing away with this, which has clearly got Paul worried.

                                        https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/about/foi-legal-framework-AB16

                                        A television licence? Wow, I'd never heard that before. I had no idea. George Orwell is alive and kicking... I am flabbergasted..... A TV licence?.... Really?

                                         

                                        TV licences have been around since the 1940's, I think, when it was just the BBC and there was only one channel.  So well before cable or satellite, people in the UK have had to pay to watch TV.  I remember staying in a rented flat once (pre AirBNB), and the owner had left their TV license on the side table. I'm normally not the nosy type, but I couldn't help take a look at it just because I'd never seen one. 

                                          toris wrote:

                                          Also, I won't be buying this. I have bought a lot of Paul's stuff through the years/decades, but this 'special' is just a complete waste of money. I won't be indulging. Sorry, Paul, your marketing people got this one wrong... Still love you! Heaps!

                                          Mind you,if he sticks it out for fifty quid I might be tempted but I suspect he'll be trying to get his fans to part with a bit more cash than that.

                                            Pages