Home

GARY CLARK JR. “COME TOGETHER”

370 views

23 posts

Last post 01/07/2019

Posted by jl4761

      Pages

      Original post

      THE HOWARD STERN SHOW 02/26/2019

      GARY CLARK JR. performing “COME TOGETHER”

        I think I've posted this before maybe in the Beatles video thread? Don't remember but this is the official version from 2017. Nice job on the live version too!

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7imYeuAfkg

         

          oobu24 wrote:

          I think I've posted this before maybe in the Beatles video thread? Don't remember but this is the official version from 2017. Nice job on the live version too!

          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7imYeuAfkg

           

          And now all the youngsters will say “Oh, that’s that Aerosmith song!” 😂

            Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

            XQ LIVE...

            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

              SurSteven wrote:

              Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

              XQ LIVE...

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

              Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                Nancy R wrote:

                SurSteven wrote:

                Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

                XQ LIVE...

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

                Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                I will explain it all to you clearly in a pm, just a little farther down the long and winding road.

                  Nancy R wrote:

                  SurSteven wrote:

                  Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

                  XQ LIVE...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

                  Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                  That’s a Chuck Berry question.

                    Nancy R wrote:

                    oobu24 wrote:

                    I think I've posted this before maybe in the Beatles video thread? Don't remember but this is the official version from 2017. Nice job on the live version too!

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7imYeuAfkg

                     

                    And now all the youngsters will say “Oh, that’s that Aerosmith song!” 😂

                    Aerosmith version from Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, a movie that flop.

                      jimmix wrote:

                      Nancy R wrote:
                      SurSteven wrote:

                      Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

                      XQ LIVE...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

                      Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                      That’s a Chuck Berry question.

                      Berry's music publisher, Morris Levy,  sued John Lennon for copyright infringement because of the melodic similarity between "You Can't Catch Me" and the Beatles’ 1969 song "Come Together”, written by Lennon, and because the Beatles' song used some of the lyrics of Berry's song ("here come old flat-top"). The suit was settled out of court. As part of the settlement, Lennon included a rendition of "You Can't Catch Me" on his 1975 album of cover versions, Rock ‘n’ Roll.

                       

                        jimmix wrote:

                        Nancy R wrote:
                        SurSteven wrote:

                        Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

                        XQ LIVE...

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

                        Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                        That’s a Chuck Berry question.

                        Yes, it was a line of Chuck's that John used and expanded upon. It more or less refers to a musician with an acoustic guitar  who understands life a whole lot better than most of us do.

                          jimmix wrote:

                          jimmix wrote:
                          Nancy R wrote:
                          SurSteven wrote:

                          Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

                          XQ LIVE...

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

                          Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                          That’s a Chuck Berry question.

                          Berry's music publisher, Morris Levy,  sued John Lennon for copyright infringement because of the melodic similarity between "You Can't Catch Me" and the Beatles’ 1969 song "Come Together”, written by Lennon, and because the Beatles' song used some of the lyrics of Berry's song ("here come old flat-top"). The suit was settled out of court. As part of the settlement, Lennon included a rendition of "You Can't Catch Me" on his 1975 album of cover versions, Rock ‘n’ Roll.

                           

                          Thanks Jimmix, I knew all that, but was confused because Chuck Berry is dead, so I didn’t see how anybody could be talking to him! The way Steven phrased it - “Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet?” - made it sound like he was still alive. I thought he was perhaps referring to somebody else besides Chuck Berry, that’s why I asked who Old Flat Top was. 

                          P.S. Gary Clark, Jr. was on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah last night. He sang a different song called This Land, the title song of his new album.

                          http://www.cc.com/video-clips/iubaft/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-gary-clark-jr-----this-land-

                            A flat top guitar is a type of guitar body model which has a flat top (as opposed to archtop). The term "flat top" is usually used to refer to the most popular type of steel-string acoustic guitars; however, electric guitars such as the Fender Stratocaster, the Fender Telecaster and the Gibson Les Paul Junior and Special can be described as "flat top".

                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_top_guitar

                            Chuck was referring to a flat top vehicle coming up along beside in this song @ around 1:10... You Can't Catch Me

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=9jKrHzps0XM

                             

                             

                              SurSteven wrote:

                              A flat top guitar is a type of guitar body model which has a flat top (as opposed to archtop). The term "flat top" is usually used to refer to the most popular type of steel-string acoustic guitars; however, electric guitars such as the Fender Stratocaster, the Fender Telecaster and the Gibson Les Paul Junior and Special can be described as "flat top".

                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_top_guitar

                              Chuck was referring to a flat top vehicle coming up along beside in this song @ around 1:10... You Can't Catch Me

                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=9jKrHzps0XM

                               

                               

                              I thought it was Twiggy. 😊😊😊😊😊😊

                                jimmix wrote:

                                SurSteven wrote:

                                A flat top guitar is a type of guitar body model which has a flat top (as opposed to archtop). The term "flat top" is usually used to refer to the most popular type of steel-string acoustic guitars; however, electric guitars such as the Fender Stratocaster, the Fender Telecaster and the Gibson Les Paul Junior and Special can be described as "flat top".

                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_top_guitar

                                Chuck was referring to a flat top vehicle coming up along beside in this song @ around 1:10... You Can't Catch Me

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=9jKrHzps0XM

                                 

                                 

                                I thought it was Twiggy. 😊😊😊😊😊😊

                                Had to think about that for a minute. Well, she sure did inspire a lot of skinny models that followed. There are several attributes that make a female appealing. Just because they may be lacking a few, doesn't take away from their overall attractiveness. Cute joke. Frankenstein also had a Flat Top! Haha!

                                  Grace Jones had a Flat Top too! In case the photo disappears:

                                  https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2018/aug/01/jean-paul-goude-best-photograph-grace-jones-nightclubbing

                                    Grace Rocks!!! Wasn't that pic from James Bond?

                                      SurSteven wrote:

                                      Grace Rocks!!! Wasn't that pic from James Bond?

                                      I don’t think so. It was taken in 1981. Read the article. (I was right, the pic disappeared after 30 minutes because I copied it directly off Google photos)

                                        https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Grace_Jones

                                        Air Craft Carriers are also called... Flat Tops  ;) :)

                                          SurSteven wrote:

                                           

                                          https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Grace_Jones

                                          Air Craft Carriers are also called... Flat Tops  ;) :)

                                          A View To A Kill that she was in was 1985. That photo was taken in 1981. 😉

                                            Nancy R wrote:

                                            jimmix wrote:
                                            jimmix wrote:
                                            Nancy R wrote:
                                            SurSteven wrote:

                                            Loved it and the Justice League original as well. Howard Stern nauseates me, although. Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet? I have a few different times. I like Jennifer Hudson, U2 and several other artists and the high school marching band version cover better than anyone elses.

                                            XQ LIVE...

                                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6goVz4qvCsY

                                            Who is Old Flat Top? *confused* 

                                            That’s a Chuck Berry question.

                                            Berry's music publisher, Morris Levy,  sued John Lennon for copyright infringement because of the melodic similarity between "You Can't Catch Me" and the Beatles’ 1969 song "Come Together”, written by Lennon, and because the Beatles' song used some of the lyrics of Berry's song ("here come old flat-top"). The suit was settled out of court. As part of the settlement, Lennon included a rendition of "You Can't Catch Me" on his 1975 album of cover versions, Rock ‘n’ Roll.

                                             

                                            Thanks Jimmix, I knew all that, but was confused because Chuck Berry is dead, so I didn’t see how anybody could be talking to him! The way Steven phrased it - “Has anyone talked to Old Flat Top yet?” - made it sound like he was still alive. I thought he was perhaps referring to somebody else besides Chuck Berry, that’s why I asked who Old Flat Top was. 

                                            P.S. Gary Clark, Jr. was on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah last night. He sang a different song called This Land, the title song of his new album.

                                            http://www.cc.com/video-clips/iubaft/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-gary-clark-jr-----this-land-

                                            John was speaking as a prophet of Higher Education, Love and Peace, and was predicting the coming of a similar prophet. It is pretty much common knowledge for people who have followed life's messengers of love.

                                              Pages