68 posts

Last post 16/07/2019

Posted by ~lady*madonna~

Pages

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Hey,

What I've compiled so far - 2019 Freshen Tour:

BUENOS AIRES March 23

Instrumental JamHoney Don'tCracking Up Coming UpDrive My CarMiss Ann I Don't KnowIt's So EasyWe Can Work It OutRam OnMidnight Special (Prisoner's Song)Lady Madonna

SAO PAULO March 26

JamTwenty Flight RockJetComing UpI Don't KnowMiss AnnThings We Said TodayIt's So EasyRam OnMidnight Special (Prisoner's Song)Lady Madonna

CURITIBA March 30

Coming Up

Lady Madonna

LEXINGTON June 1

JamHoney HushDrive My CarI Don't KnowC MoonSan Francisco Bay BluesSinging the BluesMidnight Special (Prisoner's Song)NewLady Madonna

FORT WAYNE June 3

JamMatchboxBlue Suede ShoesComing UpDrive My CarI Don't KnowC MoonMrs. Vandebilt It’s So EasySan Francisco Bay BluesSinging The BluesMidnight Special (Prisoner's Song)NewLady Madonna

MADISON  June 6

JamTwenty Flight RockJetOne After 909I Don't Know C MoonMrs. Vandebilt Ram OnMidnight Special (Prisoner's Song)NewLady Madonna

Miss:

New Orleans - May 23

Raleigh - May 28

Greenville - May 30

Here is list for June 8 in Green Bay, as remembered for me by Dana Koch.  (She said she might have omitted one.)

Jam

Honey Don’t

Coming Up

Drive My Car

C Moon

I Don’t Know

San Fran Bay Blues

It’s So Easy

Midnight Special

New

Lady Madonna

veggieburgher wrote:

Here is list for June 8 in Green Bay, as remembered for me by Dana Koch.  (She said she might have omitted one.)

Jam

Honey Don’t

Coming Up

Drive My Car

C Moon

I Don’t Know

San Fran Bay Blues

It’s So Easy

Midnight Special

New

Lady Madonna

I was there too. I wrote the Green Bay soundcheck setlist down in order so I wouldn't forget any songs or the order. Here it is:

1. Instrumental Jam

2. Matchbox

3. Honey Don't

4. Drive My Car

5. Coming Up

6. C Moon

7. I Don't Know

8. It's So Easy

9. San Francisco Bay Blues

10. Ram On

11. Midnight Special

12. New 

13. Lady Madonna

It was cool to see him start off with a couple of old Beatles covers in Matchbox and Honey Don't! This was my first VIP soundcheck experience...my 13th McCartney concert overall since 1993 and I always said I'd splurge for VIP if/when he came to my hometown of Green Bay. Paul also mentioned that Keira Knightly had Ram On played at her wedding, which I don't think I knew. It was an amazing experience, both the soundcheck and sitting in the 4th row for the concert!!

GB_BeatlesFan wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:

Jam

Honey Don’t

Coming Up

Drive My Car

C Moon

I Don’t Know

San Fran Bay Blues

It’s So Easy

Midnight Special

New

Lady Madonna

I was there too. I wrote the Green Bay soundcheck setlist down in order so I wouldn't forget any songs or the order. Here it is:

1. Instrumental Jam

2. Matchbox

3. Honey Don't

4. Drive My Car

5. Coming Up

6. C Moon

7. I Don't Know

8. It's So Easy

9. San Francisco Bay Blues

10. Ram On

11. Midnight Special

12. New 

13. Lady Madonna

It was cool to see him start off with a couple of old Beatles covers in Matchbox and Honey Don't! This was my first VIP soundcheck experience...my 13th McCartney concert overall since 1993 and I always said I'd splurge for VIP if/when he came to my hometown of Green Bay. Paul also mentioned that Keira Knightly had Ram On played at her wedding, which I don't think I knew. It was an amazing experience, both the soundcheck and sitting in the 4th row for the concert!!

Thanks for that! I had been pondering which I prefer: Matchbox or Honey Don't, since he normally performs just one. Playing both is the perfect solution! 

June 11, 2019 in Moline, IL (per Jorie Gracen):

1. Jam2. 20 Flight Rock 3. Blue Suede Shoes4. Coming Up5. One After 9096. I Don’t Know 7. C Moon8. Mrs. Vandebilt 9. Ram On10. Midnight Special (“If you ever get to Moline” instead of “Houston”)11. New12. Lady Madonna

Magical Mystery Tour at soundcheck in Arlington, TX yesterday.  That might be the first time performed this tour.

Nominally audible from outside the stadium.

Hopefully someone got the complete list, there are a couple missing but from memory:

Jam

Honey Don't

Magical Mystery Tour

One After 909

I Don't Know

It's So Easy

San Francisco Bay Blues

It's So Easy

A Jerry Lee Lewis Piano Number.    I think "Whole Lotta Shakin" Goin on (!!)

New

Lady Madonna

Simply astounding that he is not playing I Don’t Know at the actual shows.  Best song on ES and was the lead single. And WTF is up with not playing Yesterday anymore?  His concerts now feel incomplete and a letdown  without that one near end of the show.  

I think it's a positive that he's giving Yesterday a rest after playing it approximately 20 gazillion times. If  he'd just give 7-8 more Beatles songs a rest and replace them with new material, we'd be in business. I know, he won't. But yeah, he's allowed to give one 54 year old song a rest once in a while.

anybody able to tell me what time souncheck has begun at the recent shows?

Thanks!

Everything Aflutter wrote:

Simply astounding that he is not playing I Don’t Know at the actual shows.  Best song on ES and was the lead single. And WTF is up with not playing Yesterday anymore?  His concerts now feel incomplete and a letdown  without that one near end of the show.  

I agree, missed it at the last 2 concerts.

Thanks everyone for the set lists, I know htey are mostly the same but I love seeing them, and the little variations. 

Anyone have one for last night?!! part of one?!! I still have alcohol, and money!  to send laughheart

sunspark wrote:

Thanks everyone for the set lists, I know htey are mostly the same but I love seeing them, and the little variations. 

Anyone have one for last night?!! part of one?!! I still have alcohol, and money!  to send laughheart

DrivinFan wrote this in the setlist thread:

Just checked the setlist (at setlist.fm) and it seems to be identical to the North America opening show in New Orleans.

sunspark wrote:

All I have seen is some video of the opening jam and of "Honey Don't" but the following was posted on Twitter: "Not in order: a jam with the band ... Coming Up, I don’t know, Lady Madonna, Drive my car, Ram on, New, Mrs Vanderbilt, San Francisco Bay (dedicated to Shelley), I wanna be your man, Alligator ..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzCB4Z4HzjqVogAjdwZUMKzFcKakyB2emALshg0/?igshid=tkzyod1s32m4

veggieburgher wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzCB4Z4HzjqVogAjdwZUMKzFcKakyB2emALshg0/?igshid=tkzyod1s32m4

Whose Instagram was this? Different things kept popping up, including Sean Lennon!

Nancy R wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:

Whose Instagram was this? Different things kept popping up, including Sean Lennon!

And as long as we are on this subject...has anyone come across a New Orleans soundcheck. Looking for Coming Up.

Nancy R wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:

Vernon Cardenas.  He's a chef who is friends with Pablo.  Try his Twitter feed.  https://twitter.com/vernoncardenas

veggieburgher wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                                            veggieburgher wrote:

Vernon Cardenas.  He's a chef who is friends with Pablo.  Try his Twitter feed.  https://twitter.com/vernoncardenas

Both links work for me. Maybe you have to reboot your ipad when that happens Nancy?

edit to add...oops! Thanks veggie!

Pages