Home

Any advice on how to get Paul's attention on Twitter?

18 posts

Last post 03/04/2019

Posted by thenightfish

Original post

I'm trying to start a social media campaign to get him to perform in my state. I guess I could always just tweet him again and again, asking him to come, but I don't want to sound annoying, lol. Are there certain ways you can convince the tour to come to your area?

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

I'm trying to start a social media campaign to get him to perform in my state. I guess I could always just tweet him again and again, asking him to come, but I don't want to sound annoying, lol. Are there certain ways you can convince the tour to come to your area?

Short answer:  No  😂

Nancy R wrote:

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

I've always been curious about that. How DO they decide where to go on tour? 

I gues you'd really have to ask them.

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
              ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

It may well depend on the artist concerned and how much clout they have but in many instances its the record company who decide where their artists play. In Paul's case they probably suggest places he could play.

Kestrel wrote:

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                Nancy R wrote:
                ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

It may well depend on the artist concerned and how much clout they have but in many instances its the record company who decide where their artists play. In Paul's case they probably suggest places he could play.

They need to suggest he comes to Utah! *wink wink* 

You might try suggesting it to the staff of the venue you are hoping for him to play at.  I have done that a couple of times and it has worked out.  Of course, the final say is on Paul's end.

veggieburgher wrote:

You might try suggesting it to the staff of the venue you are hoping for him to play at.  I have done that a couple of times and it has worked out.  Of course, the final say is on Paul's end.

Oh seriously? Who exactly did you contact? Which person/people on the staff? 

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:

You can try the "contact" link at their web site for starters.  

veggieburgher wrote:

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                        veggieburgher wrote:

Cool, maybe I'll try that. Thanks! 

veggieburgher wrote:

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                          veggieburgher wrote:

What did you say to them? 

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:
                            ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                            veggieburgher wrote:

Just that I would like them to host Paul. Perhaps refer them to https://marshall-arts.com/paul-mccartney for booking.

veggieburgher wrote:

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                              veggieburgher wrote:
                              ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                              veggieburgher wrote:

Just that I would like them to host Paul. Perhaps refer them to https://marshall-arts.com/paul-mccartney for booking.

If you all would like to take up a collection and book him for my 64th birthday this May, that would be great! 😉

Nancy R wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:
                                ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                                veggieburgher wrote:
                                ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                                veggieburgher wrote:

If you all would like to take up a collection and book him for my 64th birthday this May, that would be great! 😉

Only if we're invited! 

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

veggieburgher wrote:
                                  ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                                  veggieburgher wrote:

Try composing something yourself. There is no tried & true way to do this.

Yesveggieburgher wrote:

Yes, it may pay off to contact venue PR staff. I'd like to think ( laugh but modesty prevents me...HAHAHA...along with probably many others with the same request) I helped get Paul to finally play Lambeau by starting the ball rolling in contacting the Packers a few years ago and opening a dialogue. In this intstance I actually was contacted back by the Director of  PR for the Packers so who knows...Maybe Paul was already on their wishlist at that time.

So, in short...No one person can influence the choice of a tour stop but, if enough people express interst and are persistant, who knows?

ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:

Nancy R wrote:
                                      veggieburgher wrote:
                                      ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                                      veggieburgher wrote:
                                      ImprinteeRenesmee wrote:
                                      veggieburgher wrote:

Only if we're invited! 

But of course! 😂

veggieburgher wrote:

Also try and contact your local concert promoter.  Paul has a very high guarantee and not all promoters are willing or able to pay it, but if they are on board, they can work with the venue to request that he make Utah a tour stop.