Home

At the Speed of Sound download problem .....

3 posts

Last post 18/05/2019

Posted by Jet2020

Original post

Hi all ,

I bought  the Archive Collection of 'Wings at the Speed of Sound' online a month ago and it took till yesterday to arrive ! Delight turned to despair though when the hi-res download 'Redeem' button does not work ( tried 4 different browsers on both Mac and Windows laptops ) . The helpful links on other threads here regarding these types of problems led me to umgmusic's website but got an 'Invald Code' message . After contacting them they have refused to help as I bought online and not from them .

So , where do I turn next ? I've not had these problems before ( I have all bar 2 of the Archive Collection sets ) so who can I contact next for help to get my download ? 

Any ideas ?

~M~

Jet2020 wrote:

Hi all ,

I bought  the Archive Collection of 'Wings at the Speed of Sound' online a month ago and it took till yesterday to arrive ! Delight turned to despair though when the hi-res download 'Redeem' button does not work ( tried 4 different browsers on both Mac and Windows laptops ) . The helpful links on other threads here regarding these types of problems led me to umgmusic's website but got an 'Invald Code' message . After contacting them they have refused to help as I bought online and not from them .

So , where do I turn next ? I've not had these problems before ( I have all bar 2 of the Archive Collection sets ) so who can I contact next for help to get my download ? 

Any ideas ?

~M~

I've had the same issue today. I've tried e-mailing webmaster@paulmccartney.com. I'll let you know if anything comes from this.

Right , at this point Im assuming you got the same response from the 'webmaster' as I did ? Which is to say , none . Universal Music have informed me via the site I bought from that they are no longer honouring the high-res downloads as this is now ' an old item ' and they can not furnish me with an alternative source for the  download .  

Well , thats it . I will be returning 'Wings at the Speed of Sound' boxset and will not be completing my Paul McCartney Archive Collection sets  . If these companies and artists cant be arsed to give proper support to their products then they get no more money from me . I bought my first Beatles record in 1964 so Mr. McCartney has had enough of my cash , but no more. Not without a guarantee . 

I am also going to contact every EU consumer affairs department I can find as this constitutes false advertising . The accompanying contents sheet clearly lists a 24/96 download as part of purchase . This website is a sorry testament to Paul McCartney , littered as it is with ignored requests for help from genuine fans with their download problems which usually go officially unanswered , or at best , receive advice from other fans .    

So if anyone is contemplating buying WATSOS I would strongly recommend against it .

Regards

~M~