Home

Abbey Road On The River

5 posts

Last post 09/06/2019

Posted by Nancy R

Original post

Leaving tomorrow on the first leg of my journey to the Beatles/1960s festival. Spending the night in Nashville with my friend Jennifer who is going with me. Supposed to be sunny and hot all 5 days (high 80s to low 90s!) 

Headliners are Peter Asher, The Buckinghams, The Grass Roots and The Cowsills. Many Beatles tribute bands including Brit Beat, Jukebox Beatles, Studio Two and Hard Day’s Night.

http://www.arotr.com

Have fun!

Fan4-45years wrote:

Have fun!

Thanks! I’m in Nashville right now at my friend’s. We’re listening to Beatles on Sirius XM right now. 

Back home in Atlanta now (stopped for the night in Nashville) My friend took me to this cool record store and ended up spending $54 on Beatles rare old stuff (2 vinyl LPs, one picture sleeve 45, 2 CDs, and a Buckinghams LP for them to sign on the Flower Power cruise next year. Also my friend gave me Grass Roots and Turtles LPs to get signed.

It was hot as hell at the festival. Poured down rain Sunday afternoon from 2 to 5 so 2 bands we wanted to see cancelled. But then the one I really wanted to see came on at 8:30 on a different stage (BritBeat, one of the best Beatles tribute bands in the world!) That night they did a 1968-1969 set. First time on Friday was early Beatles and they wore the grey collarless suits. They will also be on the 2020 Flower Power cruise!

Got to meet and talk briefly with Paul Cowsill. He is a riot and has so much energy for a guy who is almost 68!!

Also talked with Mark Dawson of The Grass Roots. They will also be on next FP cruise!

My friend and I are in the front row right in front of Paul Cowsill (with his hands up) I’m on the right with the dark hair.

The 4 guys on the left (sitting) are The Grass Roots and the other 2 guys on the right are in The Buckinghams. Joe Johnson is the moderator. (standing)