Home

Linda McCartney exhibit opening July 5, 2019 in Glasgow

106 views

9 posts

Last post 14/06/2019

Posted by LadyLeslie

      Original post

      This looks like a wonderful exhibit.   Paul, Mary and Stella are joint curators of it, and will attend the opening on July 5.  Also in addition to photographs, museum objects will  be displayed, including her camera equipment and her 1960s diary.   Hopefully this exhibit can travel to the United States in the near future, and other locations.

      https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/news/retrospective-exhibition-of-linda-mccartneys-photography-to-be-shown-at-kelvingrove-art-gallery-museum

        Wish this was there in August 2020 when I will be nearby! 

          LadyLeslie wrote:

          This looks like a wonderful exhibit.   Paul, Mary and Stella are joint curators of it, and will attend the opening on July 5.  Also in addition to photographs, museum objects will  be displayed, including her camera equipment and her 1960s diary.   Hopefully this exhibit can travel to the United States in the near future, and other locations.

          https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/news/retrospective-exhibition-of-linda-mccartneys-photography-to-be-shown-at-kelvingrove-art-gallery-museum

          I've got my ticket for this and really looking forward to it. Will Paul, Mary and Stella definitely be attending the opening? In Paul's case it seems particularly unlikely as he in Vancouver on 6th.

            Jock Tamson wrote:

            LadyLeslie wrote:

            This looks like a wonderful exhibit.   Paul, Mary and Stella are joint curators of it, and will attend the opening on July 5.  Also in addition to photographs, museum objects will  be displayed, including her camera equipment and her 1960s diary.   Hopefully this exhibit can travel to the United States in the near future, and other locations.

            https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/news/retrospective-exhibition-of-linda-mccartneys-photography-to-be-shown-at-kelvingrove-art-gallery-museum

            I've got my ticket for this and really looking forward to it. Will Paul, Mary and Stella definitely be attending the opening? In Paul's case it seems particularly unlikely as he in Vancouver on 6th.

            Seems like I read somewhere that Paul, Stella and Mary were going to attend the opening... but like you said, he'll need to be halfway across the world on the following day.  But he has been known to take the overnight "sleeper" flights from London to LA, who who knows, maybe he'd do the same for Glasgow to Vancouver? <--that's Paul, trying to catch up on his sleep...  He's a trooper, that's for sure!

            Enjoy the exhibit, you'll have to let us know if you read in the papers or see online if Paul, Mary and Stella attended the opening.

              Thanks LadyLeslie, will do. Posted this elsewhere on the board which is an ironic twist to my visit to the exhibition. 😝

              https://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/38611    

               

                Jock Tamson wrote:

                Thanks LadyLeslie, will do. Posted this elsewhere on the board which is an ironic twist to my visit to the exhibition. 😝

                https://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/38611    

                 

                You're welcome, Jock T!

                If it were me, I wouldn't mind going to HM's seminar or whatever, have always been interested in eating more healthy, but only if it were free, or $25 or less  to get in of course   But if that event was at the same time as Linda's exhibition, I'd choose Linda's of course

                  LadyLeslie wrote:

                  Jock Tamson wrote:

                  Thanks LadyLeslie, will do. Posted this elsewhere on the board which is an ironic twist to my visit to the exhibition. 😝

                  https://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/38611    

                   

                  You're welcome, Jock T!

                  If it were me, I wouldn't mind going to HM's seminar or whatever, have always been interested in eating more healthy, but only if it were free, or $25 or less  to get in of course   But if that event was at the same time as Linda's exhibition, I'd choose Linda's of course

                  Yes, I would have gone if I hadn't already arranged to be travelling up to Glasgow that day. Always found it more than a touch ironic decided to get invloved in the food business. Wonder where that idea came from?!

                    Jock Tamson wrote:

                    LadyLeslie wrote:
                    Jock Tamson wrote:

                    Thanks LadyLeslie, will do. Posted this elsewhere on the board which is an ironic twist to my visit to the exhibition. 😝

                    https://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/38611    

                     

                    You're welcome, Jock T!

                    If it were me, I wouldn't mind going to HM's seminar or whatever, have always been interested in eating more healthy, but only if it were free, or $25 or less  to get in of course   But if that event was at the same time as Linda's exhibition, I'd choose Linda's of course

                    Yes, I would have gone if I hadn't already arranged to be travelling up to Glasgow that day. Always found it more than a touch ironic decided to get invloved in the food business. Wonder where that idea came from?!

                    😂

                      Jock Tamson wrote:

                      LadyLeslie wrote:
                      Jock Tamson wrote:

                      Thanks LadyLeslie, will do. Posted this elsewhere on the board which is an ironic twist to my visit to the exhibition. 😝

                      https://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/forum/thread/38611    

                       

                      You're welcome, Jock T!

                      If it were me, I wouldn't mind going to HM's seminar or whatever, have always been interested in eating more healthy, but only if it were free, or $25 or less  to get in of course   But if that event was at the same time as Linda's exhibition, I'd choose Linda's of course

                      Yes, I would have gone if I hadn't already arranged to be travelling up to Glasgow that day. Always found it more than a touch ironic decided to get invloved in the food business. Wonder where that idea came from?!

                      Yes, I'm sure she didn't think of that idea off the top of her head! lol

                      Actually HM has been successful working with amputees, and thought she'd want to stay with just that work, or with removing landmines.