Last post 13/06/2019

Posted by jimmix

Original post

A B

AMERICAN BANDSTAND 1968: Beatles Criticism 

jimmix wrote:

A B

AMERICAN BANDSTAND 1968: Beatles Criticism 

ROTFLMAO! The kids on that show are all now on Medicare and Social Security! 

And like Dick Clark said, they did do a song with a full orchestra on TV - Hey Jude! 

I remembered another American Bandstand clip that I had seen & I can't believe that I found it@! Check this one out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-keBliZndQ

oobu24 wrote:

I remembered another American Bandstand clip that I had seen & I can't believe that I found it@! Check this one out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-keBliZndQ

What a bunch of morons, except the last guy! 

I watched American Bandstand in Real Time, when they first aired Strawberry Fields Forever. Many of the kids were expecting The Mop Tops!!  Haha!!! I also saw this one that you posted!  :)

SurSteven wrote:

I watched American Bandstand in Real Time, when they first aired Strawberry Fields Forever. Many of the kids were expecting The Mop Tops!!  Haha!!! I also saw this one that you posted!  :)

I did too! Will never forget my grandmother handing me a photo of them in 1967 with their new look - the mustaches - and saying “How do you like them now, Nancy?” I was 12 and I liked them just fine, thank you very much!! (Like I’ve said earlier, I immediately hit puberty at age 8 when I saw Paul & The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show!) 😍🤤❤️😘🥰😂

By the way, Paul’s MPL owns the pub rights to “Bandstand Boogie,” the theme of “American Bandstand.”

The Hollywood Reporter

Lew Klein, Who Helped Launch Careers of Dick Clark and Bob Saget, Dies at 91

The 'American Bandstand' executive producer served on the board of Dick Clark Productions.