Home

McCartney writes first musical, stage version of...

928 views

40 posts

Last post 29/05/2020

Posted by love2travel

      Pages

      Original post

      https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/18/paul-mccartney-stage-musical-its-a-wonderful-life-frank-capra-lee-hall-billy-elliot-beatle

      Paul McCartney writes first musical, stage version of It's a Wonderful Life

        The Hollywood Reporter

        Paul McCartney to Write 'It's a Wonderful Life' Stage Musical

         

          Eat your heart out Frank Losser and Meredith Wilson🤣🤣🤣

            This reporter heard Paul's demo tracks for the project!

            https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/paul-mccartney-is-writing-an-its-a-wonderful-life-musical/

             

              https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paul-mccartney-working-first-ever-18331484?a1

                Nancy R wrote:

                https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/paul-mccartney-working-first-ever-18331484?a1

                According to Variety, it’s a secret!  It’s a secret!

                i wonder if Jimmy Stewart gets a cut.

                  Pretty sure it's no longer a secret. 

                    Bruce M. wrote:

                    Pretty sure it's no longer a secret. 

                    According to Uncle Jack, “But it’s a secret!  It’s a secret!”

                      New songs from Macca !! Great !

                        oobu24 wrote:

                        https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/18/paul-mccartney-stage-musical-its-a-wonderful-life-frank-capra-lee-hall-billy-elliot-beatle

                        Paul McCartney writes first musical, stage version of It's a Wonderful Life

                        This should be very interesting. I have no doubt he will write some wonderful music but I will admit I am glad he is getting help with the lyrics. Also, this comes a surprise to me since he never really seem to want to do it before when asked.

                          I hope we get an album of Paul's demos and not an album of studio recordings sung by a bunch of unknowns?

                          Equally hopefully, the songs will be a bit more memorable than those on Egypt Station. 

                            Kestrel wrote:

                            I hope we get an album of Paul's demos and not an album of studio recordings sung by a bunch of unknowns?

                            Equally hopefully, the songs will be a bit more memorable than those on Egypt Station. 

                            If the show does make the West End/Broadway and there is a cast recording of the show, the people who will be in this show will most probably have gorgeous voices and will be better than a 78 year old Paul McCartney singing them.

                              oobu24 wrote:

                              https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/18/paul-mccartney-stage-musical-its-a-wonderful-life-frank-capra-lee-hall-billy-elliot-beatle

                              Paul McCartney writes first musical, stage version of It's a Wonderful Life

                              If all goes very well, McCartney might win awards he never has won which is a Olivier and Tony award.

                                I'm excited about this, I'm a huge musical theater geek! ;) I've been wondering if Paul was ever going to work on a musical, seeing as he's such a fan himself.  Many Broadway shows have done their out of town tryouts where I live, so I'm hoping this one does as well. 

                                  Yankeefan2 wrote:

                                  oobu24 wrote:

                                  https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/18/paul-mccartney-stage-musical-its-a-wonderful-life-frank-capra-lee-hall-billy-elliot-beatle

                                  Paul McCartney writes first musical, stage version of It's a Wonderful Life

                                  If all goes very well, McCartney might win awards he never has won which is a Olivier and Tony award.

                                  Paul has won 18 Grammys and 1 Oscar, so if he got a Tony he would just need an Emmy (highly doubtful that would ever happen!) to have EGOT status (like Whoopi Goldberg, John Legend, Andrew Lloyd Weber and only 12 others. 

                                  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Paul_McCartney

                                    Kestrel wrote:

                                    I hope we get an album of Paul's demos and not an album of studio recordings sung by a bunch of unknowns?

                                    Equally hopefully, the songs will be a bit more memorable than those on Egypt Station. 

                                    Lord, I hope not. He'll be writing songs for a wide variety of different voices in the cast, and there's little chance he could pull them off properly, especially with his aged voice. Let the demos be an extra in the bonus edition.

                                      Bruce M. wrote:

                                      Kestrel wrote:

                                      I hope we get an album of Paul's demos and not an album of studio recordings sung by a bunch of unknowns?

                                      Equally hopefully, the songs will be a bit more memorable than those on Egypt Station. 

                                      Lord, I hope not. He'll be writing songs for a wide variety of different voices in the cast, and there's little chance he could pull them off properly, especially with his aged voice. Let the demos be an extra in the bonus edition.

                                      Great idea Bruce, demos would be very cool extra in some type of bounus edition.

                                        Nancy R wrote:

                                        Yankeefan2 wrote:
                                        oobu24 wrote:

                                        https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/18/paul-mccartney-stage-musical-its-a-wonderful-life-frank-capra-lee-hall-billy-elliot-beatle

                                        Paul McCartney writes first musical, stage version of It's a Wonderful Life

                                        If all goes very well, McCartney might win awards he never has won which is a Olivier and Tony award.

                                        Paul has won 18 Grammys and 1 Oscar, so if he got a Tony he would just need an Emmy (highly doubtful that would ever happen!) to have EGOT status (like Whoopi Goldberg, John Legend, Andrew Lloyd Weber and only 12 others. 

                                        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Paul_McCartney

                                        I agree, hard to imagine him getting a Emmy.

                                          paulfan11 wrote:

                                          I'm excited about this, I'm a huge musical theater geek! ;) I've been wondering if Paul was ever going to work on a musical, seeing as he's such a fan himself.  Many Broadway shows have done their out of town tryouts where I live, so I'm hoping this one does as well. 

                                          This is going to go to the West End first and then if successful maybe to Broadway. At best, this would probably not hit the US in at least two years or at all.

                                            https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-to-write-first-musical

                                            More detail from the News page, so it's official! 

                                              Pages