Home

McCartney writes first musical, stage version of...

44 posts

Last post 07/10/2021

Posted by Yankeefan2

Pages

Hey, has there been any news on Paul's "It's a Wonderful Life"? Broadway is getting ready to start reopening in Sept., but there's no sign of Paul's show on this list of scheduled opening dates.

Bruce M. wrote:

Hey, has there been any news on Paul's "It's a Wonderful Life"? Broadway is getting ready to start reopening in Sept., but there's no sign of Paul's show on this list of scheduled opening dates.

I was wondering about it also especially since the West End has some shows that have opened back up with more to come in June.  Since this is a "holiday" show you would think they would want to have it ready for opening at the end of the year. If not, it would have to wait until 2022.  Shows from the West End usually take awhile before they think  of coming to Broadway so at best this might be seen in the US in 2023, just my guess.

Yankeefan2 wrote:

Bruce M. wrote:

I was wondering about it also especially since the West End has some shows that have opened back up with more to come in June.  Since this is a "holiday" show you would think they would want to have it ready for opening at the end of the year. If not, it would have to wait until 2022.  Shows from the West End usually take awhile before they think  of coming to Broadway so at best this might be seen in the US in 2023, just my guess.

I'm still betting on 2022. 

I wonder if this project has been scrapped. There has been absolutely no news about it and even if it was planned for late 2022 you should be hearing something about the show.  For example, there are several shows scheduled to open on Broadway in 2022 and they are listed in "Playbill" with a opening date.

Pages