Home

The Cynthia, Jane, Pattie and Maureen thread

92 posts

Last post 09/04/2022

Posted by NJR

Pages

Nancy R wrote:

^ George was singing about the girls who hung around outside Apple at 3 Savile Row. I shouldn't have called Paul's groupies at his London home by that name. They did get in (She Came In Through The Bathroom Window)  and stole stuff like a pair of his trousers! He confronted them and they admitted to it, but he couldn't believe how they actually did it! So they showed him how they got his ladder and climbed up to the bathroom window! 😂 

Have you seen this cartoon?   It's a parody of the type of "young ladies" that used to hang around Paul's house in 1967-1968, especially the ones that flew in from the US.   Not all were this extreme of course, but... still interesting...    I'm definitely not the groupie type at all, but if I had visited London and been outside his home for a moment, and was "invited inside" I would have been content just to scrub his toilets and do any cleaning or laundry, take Martha for walks, and perhaps make him an egg salad sandwich...   an "Apple Scrub" not Scruff... and still would have been a great memory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTOAlbJbdvA

Not judging Paul at all... I mean, he had so much fame to deal with... and I'm sure it would have been difficult for ANY single man to resist all that attention.    I think it must have been a confusing time for him, but feel he wouldn't have liked that lifestyle for much longer, and was seeking something more stable.   0nce he met Linda and was totally committed though, things changed 100%.

June 7, 1968 at brother Mike's wedding

Leslie, that video was okay, but they had it taking place in Jan. & Feb. 1970 which was odd and at the end the silhouette of Paul is holding his Hofner bass right-handed! ☹️

Nancy R wrote:

Leslie, that video was okay, but they had it taking place in Jan. & Feb. 1970 which was odd and at the end the silhouette of Paul is holding his Hofner bass right-handed! ☹️

Yeah, I noticed those things too!  When I see those kind of inaccuracies, it's like nails on a chalkboard!!

I liked the artwork of the cartoon though, and thought it was a good parody of  (enlarged numbers here: ) 1968! NOT 1970!

LadyLeslie wrote:

Nancy R wrote:

Yeah, I noticed those things too!  When I see those kind of inaccuracies, it's like nails on a chalkboard!!

I liked the artwork of the cartoon though, and thought it was a good parody of  (enlarged numbers here: ) 1968! NOT 1970!

Agree! 😉

"Ringo Starr with [wife] Barbara Bach, Pattie Boyd and Jane Asher at the Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy Fashion Show charity gala held at the Savoy Hotel in London, September 12, 1986"

Good to see that in spite of what happened with Paul, that Jane was still on friendly terms with Ringo & Pattie, and willing to pose for a photo. 

https://twitter.com/BeatlesArchive2/status/1371531643182149632/photo/1

^ Jane still looked so young, yet she was 40 there! Barbara was 39 and Pattie was 42. And of course Ringo was 46. 

June 7, 1968 at brother Mike's wedding in Liverpool. Last photos of them together.

Jane with her 3 kids by Gerald Scarfe: Rory, Katie & Alex. 

Pages