Posted by love2travel

Original post

New York Post 

This is the ‘macho’ Beatles song John Lennon ‘hated’

The NY Post only just discovered this?

Bruce M. wrote:

The NY Post only just discovered this?

😂

But he didn't hate it for being a "domestic violence" song according to the article. From article:

In the vintage RS interview, Lennon said, “‘Run for Your Life’ I always hated, you know. I never liked [it] because it was a song I just knocked off.”

He continued, “There was a line on it — I used to like specific lines from songs — ‘I’d rather see you dead, little girl, than to be with another man,’ so I wrote it around that, but I didn’t think it was that important.”

oobu24 wrote:

But he didn't hate it for being a "domestic violence" song according to the article. From article:

In the vintage RS interview, Lennon said, “‘Run for Your Life’ I always hated, you know. I never liked [it] because it was a song I just knocked off.”

He continued, “There was a line on it — I used to like specific lines from songs — ‘I’d rather see you dead, little girl, than to be with another man,’ so I wrote it around that, but I didn’t think it was that important.”

Yeah, that was rather telling! 

Well it just made you realize that John was a Jealous Guy.