Home

Set List critique

4283 posts

Last post 05/04/2021

Posted by forget 64

Pages

Okay, here is my two cents on this topic.

I like his rule about playing his "Greatest Hits"because there will be members of the audience who have never seen him before and they wanna hear them. If I was one of those fans, I would be thrilled to see him and playing his big hits would be a dream come true for me. Ya know what? The first time I ever saw him was in May 2002. He played those greatest hits and it was a dream come true for me.

I have seen Paul  5 times now. The concerts were all nearly identical with a few songs changed up in the set list. I am a very blessed person to have seen him 5 times. As a first Generation Beatles fan, I could think of a gazillion songs that I would love to see Paul play in concert. But, ya know, it doesn't matter to me. As I say, play whatever ya want Paulie and thanks very much love. 

strbfields4ever wrote:

I like his rule about playing his "Greatest Hits"because there will be members of the audience who have never seen him before and they wanna hear them. If I was one of those fans, I would be thrilled to see him and playing his big hits would be a dream come true for me. Ya know what? The first time I ever saw him was in May 2002. He played those greatest hits and it was a dream come true for me.

I have seen Paul  5 times now. The concerts were all nearly identical with a few songs changed up in the set list. I am a very blessed person to have seen him 5 times. As a first Generation Beatles fan, I could think of a gazillion songs that I would love to see Paul play in concert. But, ya know, it doesn't matter to me. As I say, play whatever ya want Paulie and thanks very much love. 

I have beaten this topic to death (lol) but will quickly respond to your "two cents". Even the people like myself that want more solo songs in his setlist have no problem with him playing the hits.  Fine, do the 20-25 Beatle/Wings songs that the majority of the crowd wants to hear. Just change up the remaining 10-12 songs in his setlist with solo songs he has never or rarely done before (exp. That Was Me, Promise To You Girl, Little Willow etc) to please the people who support him by buying his solo albums. 

strbfields4ever wrote:

Pages