Home

Mark Lewisohn - Tune In Volume 2 latest news.

79 views

9 posts

Last post 26/03/2020

Posted by Nancy R

      Original post

      The latest news from Mark Lewisohn is that the eagerly awaited volume 2 of his Beatles trilogy won't be published until at least 2023 and "More likely it'll be after 2023..." indecision

      https://www.marklewisohn.net/volume-2/

        Kestrel wrote:

        The latest news from Mark Lewisohn is that the eagerly awaited volume 2 of his Beatles trilogy won't be published until at least 2023 and "More likely it'll be after 2023..." indecision

        https://www.marklewisohn.net/volume-2/

        OMG, that is insane! More than 10 years between volumes?!!

          Nancy R wrote:

          OMG, that is insane! More than 10 years between volumes?!!

          Yeah, I hope Paul & Ringo weren't looking forward to reading volume 3?  

            Still waiting for the Luca Perasi 2nd book. Guess he's waiting for Paul to stop writing music, so it's going to be a while, I'm thinking... 👍

              Kestrel wrote:

              Nancy R wrote:

              OMG, that is insane! More than 10 years between volumes?!!

              Yeah, I hope Paul & Ringo weren't looking forward to reading volume 3?  

              😂 Heck, we'll be lucky to be alive by the time Vol. 3 comes out! And Mark Lewisohn is no spring chicken - he will be 62 in June!!

                Nancy R wrote:

                Kestrel wrote:
                Nancy R wrote:

                OMG, that is insane! More than 10 years between volumes?!!

                Yeah, I hope Paul & Ringo weren't looking forward to reading volume 3?  

                😂 Heck, we'll be lucky to be alive by the time Vol. 3 comes out! 

                  That's very true. The target audience is diminishing all the time.  Most frustrating for me is that I'm not even that interested in volume 2 but more in volume 3.

                  If he needs research assistants, fact checkers and typists. I'm sure many people would offer to help (myself included!), but perhaps he wants to do it all himself.   

                  It was good to hear his presentations at the Chicago Beatles Fan Fest last year.  He probably  has to travel alot and do those presentations so he can earn money and continue to pay his bills in order for him to stay at home and keep on  writing and doing research.   It's a vicious cycle. 

                  Have some old "Club Sandwich" fan papers, and Mark L. contributed a lot of articles to those.    It's probably made a huge difference in his research if he's known Paul for a long time, and has been able to gain his trust.

                   

                    Hopefully Mark's around long enough to finish Volume 3.  At age 61 he's no spring chicken and at this pace would have to make it to about age 80 to complete his work.

                      TommyC909 wrote:

                      Hopefully Mark's around long enough to finish Volume 3.  At age 61 he's no spring chicken and at this pace would have to make it to about age 80 to complete his work.

                      That's almost exactly what I wrote yesterday! 😂