Home

Chances of a Live Virtual Concert From Paul?

464 views

18 posts

Last post 04/05/2020

Posted by Nancy R

      Original post

      In the spirit of "take a sad song and make it better", hearing Paul perform an acoustic set would be a source of joy and comfort during these times.  Imagine, Paul at this piano singing Hey Jude uniting us across borders and time zones in a chorus of na, na, na, na. It would truly break the internet in a good way. It could be done in conjunction with charities, like Global Citizen's Together at Home series or Olivia and Dhani's Material World Foundation.

       

       

       

      Perhaps if enough of us tag his channels on social media, his people will pass the message along to Paul.

        I've said that in a few other threads here. It's about time he shows his face during this crisis & let us all know that he is ok.

          oobu24 wrote:

          I've said that in a few other threads here. It's about time he shows his face during this crisis & let us all know that he is ok.

          Agreed!

            I'm really surprised that he has not made a short video at least. 

              In this time, many artists are playing stuff from their home, would be wonderful to have something like that from Paul.

               

              If the people of this forum made this kind of request, maybe Paul would do something for us :-)

              This is my ideal setlist for a "home gig" : 

               

              1.Eat at home (Guitar)

              2.Man we was lonely (Guitar)

              3.Tomorrow (Guitar)

              4.Waterfalls (Piano)

              5.Golden earth girl (Piano)

              6.Do you want to know a secret (For George) (Guitar)

              7. In my life (For John) (Piano)

              8.Let it be (Piano)

                oobu24 wrote:

                I've said that in a few other threads here. It's about time he shows his face during this crisis & let us all know that he is ok.

                He just did less than 2 weeks ago with his Lady Madonna performance, and his Stern interview.  Maybe he will do a short set of songs, but I am not holding my breath.

                  Maccaroni1974 wrote:

                  oobu24 wrote:

                  I've said that in a few other threads here. It's about time he shows his face during this crisis & let us all know that he is ok.

                  He just did less than 2 weeks ago with his Lady Madonna performance, and his Stern interview.  Maybe he will do a short set of songs, but I am not holding my breath.

                  She wrote that almost a month ago, Maccaroni! And I'm not holding my breath either. 

                    corchians wrote:

                    In this time, many artists are playing stuff from their home, would be wonderful to have something like that from Paul.

                     

                    If the people of this forum made this kind of request, maybe Paul would do something for us :-)

                    This is my ideal setlist for a "home gig" : 

                     

                    1.Eat at home (Guitar)

                    2.Man we was lonely (Guitar)

                    3.Tomorrow (Guitar)

                    4.Waterfalls (Piano)

                    5.Golden earth girl (Piano)

                    6.Do you want to know a secret (For George) (Guitar)

                    7. In my life (For John) (Piano)

                    8.Let it be (Piano)

                    No way is he going to ever do Man We Was Lonely without Linda singing harmony - that was "their" song. And I doubt he could pull off Tomorrow with his vocal limitations now. It's fun to fantasize, but realistically the only song on your list he might do is Let It Be. 

                      Nancy R wrote:

                      Maccaroni1974 wrote:
                      oobu24 wrote:

                      I've said that in a few other threads here. It's about time he shows his face during this crisis & let us all know that he is ok.

                      He just did less than 2 weeks ago with his Lady Madonna performance, and his Stern interview.  Maybe he will do a short set of songs, but I am not holding my breath.

                      She wrote that almost a month ago, Maccaroni! And I'm not holding my breath either. 

                      Yeah, what she said. I posted that before his appearance & his singing of Lady Madonna.

                        He has said in the past he doesn't want to dissapoint concert goers doing less well-known songs and that he notices how those are less well received then the classics. This is the perfect opportunity. No one has paid any money, and all the die-hards would be in one "place" so we'd be the majority on the stream.

                        The only deeper cuts he's added have been under the excuse of promoting a release. So how about a celebration of the 50th anniversary of McCartney . They just released a new music video for Maybe I'm Amazed. It's already very acoustic so could be more easily be done in a stripped down solo version.

                        A pipedream, I know.

                         

                         

                          Would be happy to hear him play anything really... was just thinking of the new album, everyone seems to love those songs a lot! Any song tho, really would be uplifting  IMHO. It could be our first Paul concert wearing our jammies! 

                            Here's an idea for a short acoustic set of rarities:

                            Great Day

                            A Certain Softness

                            Confidante

                            Ever Present Past

                            Dance 'Till We're High

                            Magic

                            Early Days

                            Hope Of Deliverance

                              I was just gonna post this in another section but this thread popped up & it seems to coinside with the topic. Paul could easily do something like this. I would love to see him do something similiar. This is from Classic Rock Magazine.

                              https://www.loudersound.com/news/marshmallows-a-golden-retriever-and-a-view-john-fogerty-raises-the-bar-on-lockdown-videos?fbclid=IwAR3x2Bu7CRzcLk2ygmNjbpYJihwj426-dee-Lw_hxhACwZFJI7f8cqOZK8k

                               

                              https://youtu.be/3a8w1ri_TwM?t=175

                               

                               

                                And right now I just Isolation by Johnny Depp & Jeff Beck on our local Breakfast with the Beatles. Have a listen:

                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma-149FnSN4

                                  oobu24 wrote:

                                  I was just gonna post this in another section but this thread popped up & it seems to coinside with the topic. Paul could easily do something like this. I would love to see him do something similiar. This is from Classic Rock Magazine.

                                  https://www.loudersound.com/news/marshmallows-a-golden-retriever-and-a-view-john-fogerty-raises-the-bar-on-lockdown-videos?fbclid=IwAR3x2Bu7CRzcLk2ygmNjbpYJihwj426-dee-Lw_hxhACwZFJI7f8cqOZK8k

                                   

                                  https://youtu.be/3a8w1ri_TwM?t=175

                                   

                                   

                                  What a view!  The dog was so cute too.  He was smelling the food and then he gave his best "I'm a good dog how about a snack smile"LOL Really enjoyed that version alot. 

                                    oobu24 wrote:

                                    I was just gonna post this in another section but this thread popped up & it seems to coinside with the topic. Paul could easily do something like this. I would love to see him do something similiar. This is from Classic Rock Magazine.

                                    https://www.loudersound.com/news/marshmallows-a-golden-retriever-and-a-view-john-fogerty-raises-the-bar-on-lockdown-videos?fbclid=IwAR3x2Bu7CRzcLk2ygmNjbpYJihwj426-dee-Lw_hxhACwZFJI7f8cqOZK8k

                                     

                                    https://youtu.be/3a8w1ri_TwM?t=175

                                     

                                     

                                    That was great!

                                    Did you guys see this?

                                    https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-launches-new-pure-mccartney-vr-documentary-series

                                      Nancy R wrote:

                                      That was great!

                                      Did you guys see this?

                                      https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-launches-new-pure-mccartney-vr-documentary-series

                                      Those virtual reality vids were from 2016.

                                        oobu24 wrote:

                                        Nancy R wrote:

                                        That was great!

                                        Did you guys see this?

                                        https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/news/paul-launches-new-pure-mccartney-vr-documentary-series

                                        Those virtual reality vids were from 2016.

                                        Yeah, found that out from Robert Gannon (old boardie here) after I posted it. They're all on youtube if anyone wants to watch them. 

                                        https://youtu.be/vCvuwwD25hA